It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I hope that's the case but Penn doesn't seem to have any f*ck you money and if he does he doesn't seem to want to spend it...
If he’s worried about cash he just employs Cartwright, pays Trent monthly till June and Trent doesn’t get near the place.

Might cost him a few grand extra but not much as Carty already has a contract.Does anyone seriously think Cartwright would be holding us over a barrell chasing much more than his current contract given he probably kissed his head coach career goodbye in his own mind years ago.He knows if he goes good he’ll get rewarded down the track. He needs the chance he thought he wasn’t going to get.He sure as hell ain’t going to get it elsewhere!

It’s absolute fantasy to think Trent will be around the joint for all the reasons I mentioned in the previous post.

I know people have a knock on Penn and Gorman but anyone who seriously thinks they are going to announce to the league world in the next few weeks that Barrett will coach till June 30 and someone will take over mid season to save at the very most a 50 to 100k upgrade to Cartys contract needs a good lie down.

They would lose that and more in membership and sponsorship the minute they announce it. And probably half their fan base.Laughing stock status guaranteed.Simply wont happen.Barrett is gone.If it’s about money then you don’t think these guys know it’s a loser play as the financial outcome would be a lot worse.Throw in the fact that neither of them could possibly have a working relationship with him.

It’s Carty or a new guy. My money is on a new guy.

Last edited:
Hey Mark

I know you are speaking tongue in cheek but there is zero chance he will coach us or be anywhere near the joint next year.

I am no advocate of Penn but for anyone to seriously think he will allow Barrett to coach or be around the joint until June then replace him mid season is ludicrous.

Whether they decide to not go to court and pay him out in full or keep paying his salary till June 30 it will cost them exactly the same amount of coin or a few K more to have Cartwong coach and Barrett to drink piss at Harbord Diggers till June 30.

This idea that if you keep paying him his salary and don’t rescind the contract he has to be head coach or be around the joint is total and utter rubbish.In every workplace guys get tossed or demoted all the time and still get the pay they are contracted for for the period of their contract if there is no breach. Happens in my game all the time.I paid a senior contracted guy his salary for 9 months in 2016 and wouldn’t let him within 10 miles of the office.Couldnt sack him under terms of contract but didn’t want him around.

Blokes like my employee or Trent just want the cash they think they are owed, not an expensive ****fight in court or to hang around a place they are not wanted while being paid. Real world, not fantasy land.

Trent just wants his cash just as we all would and is doing his best to get it. No problem with that at all.If Penn decides to pay him monthly instead of lump sum he tells Barrett this and tells him he isn’t required to turn up and to stay away. What’s Barrett going to do? Sue for specific performance of the contract to get keys to the gym and entry into the dressing room on game day lol. This is the real world , not a Seinfeld episode.If they take a different tack and tell him to stay away and we will sort it out in court due to a perceived breach on Trent’s part then same result; no Trent around the joint.

Cartwong is already contracted and has zero chance of being head coach anywhere else so he will do it for his current contract plus a few k sweetener at best.His alternatives aren’t exactly great..If he goes well he can be upgraded later. Carty knows this is would be a totally unexpected chance at resurrecting his career and grab it. He won’t be negotiating real hard.

Throw in the fact that Penn would hardly embarrass himself after carving Trent up in the press and the riot among members and fans if Barrett stays then it is s gold plated certainty we have seen the last of Barrett whether he receives his money or not.

Neither Cartwong or Barrett will palatable to members and fans and I think tomorrow may hopefully address this. It’s either Carty or a new guy. Barrett is not in the picture.

Very tongue in cheek, yes I know there’s zero chance of him being coach !!

Hopefully Madge has agreed to terms, that would at least be palatable!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

WESTS TIGERS TO RELEASE IVAN CLEARY

I'm hearing the Wests Tigers are set to announce that coach Ivan Cleary will depart the club and join a rival team in season 2019.

Based on the information I've received, Ivan Cleary will leave possibly as early as next week!. The Wests Tigers are keen on Michael Maguire or assistant coach Brett Hodgson to take Iver as Head Coach in 2019.

Cleary will most likely go to Penrith but maybe this was the mail @Mark from Brisbane was told

If he’s worried about cash he just employs Cartwright, pays Trent monthly till June and Trent doesn’t get near the place.

Might cost him a few grand extra but not much as Carty already has a contract.Does anyone seriously think Cartwright would be holding us over a barrell chasing much more than his current contract given he probably kissed his head coach career goodbye in his own mind years ago.He knows if he goes good he’ll get rewarded down the track. He needs the chance he thought he wasn’t going to get.He sure as hell ain’t going to get it elsewhere!

It’s absolute antasy to think Trent will be around the joint for all the reasons I mentioned in the previous post.

I know people have a knock on Penn and Gorman but anyone who seriously thinks they are going to announce to the league world in the next few weeks that Barrett will coach till June 30 and someone will take over mid season to save at the very most a 50 to 100k upgrade to Cartys contract needs a good lie down.

They would lose that and more in membership and sponsorship the minute they announce it. Laughing stock stays guanreed.Simply wont happen.Barrett is gone.If it’s about money then you don’t think these guys know it’s a loser play as the financial outcome would be a lot worse.

It’s Carty or a new guy. My money is on a new guy.
I definitely don't have a knock on Gorman and Penn well, until an alternative comes along he's all we have.
I just can't believe he has handled the club the way a guy who has a business brain would.
But I don't have a business brain.
Anyway I hope you are on the money.

I definitely don't have a knock on Gorman and Penn well, until an alternative comes along he's all we have.
I just can't believe he has handled the club the way a guy who has a business brain would.
But I don't have a business brain.
Anyway I hope you are on the money.

Yep agree he’s made a mess of it and a few other things. But to have Barrett coach for six months is sheer lunacy and would be a financial and PR disaster ... so if it’s about money this would be his absolute worst possible move.The financial fallout and brand damage would make Cartys small upgrade to be head coach look like a drop in the bucket .... and they know that.

As for this notion being pedalled that Trent gets the keys to the coaches box just because they decide to pay him monthly for 8 months according to his contract instead of s lump sum to piss off ..... it’s the greatest fantasy of all.Real world don’t work like that.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

I'm hearing the Wests Tigers are set to announce that coach Ivan Cleary will depart the club and join a rival team in season 2019.

Based on the information I've received, Ivan Cleary will leave possibly as early as next week!. The Wests Tigers are keen on Michael Maguire or assistant coach Brett Hodgson to take Iver as Head Coach in 2019.

Cleary will most likely go to Penrith but maybe this was the mail @Mark from Brisbane was told

Correct

The planets may well be aligning!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Be funny as all buggery if this was to come true , and if so my contact would have been 110% right all along!!

Wait, didn't Matt Ballin recently work with Coach Cleary as a staffer? Hmmmm ......

Maybe a coincidence I guess.

Must admit, I AM getting my hopes up on this rumour. Ex Manly boy. Young(ish) , so would do well with a young roster. Experienced. Doesn't tolerate and/or accept the drinking culture. Is a coach, not a mate.

Has the ability to attract players. 80% of his Tigers squad improved under him.

I'd be as willing to accept / enjoy this as Maguire.

Be funny as all buggery if this was to come true , and if so my contact would have been 110% right all along!!
I really don't know about Ivan at Man.

First thought would be thank f it's not Cartwrong.

I still think Toovs is the Man. Madge is the pick after that. We need a hard task master.

Ivan doesn't come across as having that Manly Mentality.

Add that he has just jumped off one bus, after doing the hard yards and getting players to board, now exiting early he has really thrown the players and the entire tigers club under the bus. Nah It's poor form.

No matter where Ivan goes, his next gig is a tough sell.

If you think Ivan has what it takes to win a gf, (and I'm not convinced), but he could work out at a place he doesn't have to go to and now rebuild, at the riff entering as the man gus stole from the tigers to take them to the promised land. It could work.

At Manly entering trying to do yet another rebuild, with pennyless Penn pulling the poverty poems, plus trying to get player buy in, after on the bus driver has turned out to be the coach who throws his players under the bus.

I just don't see Ivan as a good fit at all.

Its Madge. Toovey or Fold.

Last edited:

Can't happen.

Barrett's contract is as head coach and anyone else filling that role breaches our contract with him. He would have a legal case worth far more money than his payout

Barrett would not take monthly payments to do nothing while what is left, if anything, of his coaching future fades to black around him.

Griffin and Ciraldo were Gus's pawns in a well choreographed ballet to keep Nathan long term with Ivan being the kicker. Checkmate.

It seems pretty clear that Tooves will not be back and I highly doubt Cleary would be the right man for the job anyways.

Our only hope is snaring Madge to stave off an ignominious end to our beloved club at the hands of Cartwrong, Griffin or Henry.

Brent Read is reporting that Wayne Bennett has been offered up to the Wests Tigers. Just another piece in the jigsaw puzzle.

Just listening to Bulldog Ritchie, who we know has close contacts within the club, and he said from what he understands the Manly job is Michael Maguire's if he wants it.

If true it won't be a case of the club choosing Cartwright etc over Madge, it will be a case of that is the best we can attract.

Just listening to Bulldog Ritchie, who we know has close contacts within the club, and he said from what he understands the Manly job is Michael Maguire's if he wants it.

If true it won't be a case of the club choosing Cartwright etc over Madge, it will be a case of that is the best we can attract.

That is my fear, madge is watching the coaching circus with interest and will go to the best run club available.
Unfortunately that isn't us.

That is my fear, madge is watching the coaching circus with interest and will go to the best run club available.
Unfortunately that isn't us.
I think it all depends on Siebold. If it's:
Cleary to Panthers
Bennett to Tigers
That leaves Brisbane and us as possibilities.
If Siebold leaves the Rabbits to go to Brisbane, we are the only option for Maguire. Otherwise, it's between us and Brisbane.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10