It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
So for coach for 2019 it is between;

• Cartwright
  • McGuire
  • Cleary
  • Tooves
  • Des
  • Scott Fulton
  • Barrett (if he is still here)
  • Tim Sheens
  • Brian Smith
  • Neil Henry
Have I missed anyone?

I could be wrong, but there's a lot of talk about a bloke called Jebus in the Kelly thread.

Might pay to add him to the list and see how it all plays out.

All could be revealed Next Week . [ but according to some and,for us [ we ] Queenslanders , that could represent 20 days ]

Keeping Barrett in some sort of capacity was always on the cards, as Penn said there wont be any payout, and if Trent wants his coin, he has to stay around and earn it.

But getting Ivan Cleary is a stretch, and while he played 15 games for us back in the day, he hardly is the one oozing with Manly DNA. I can't entertain this rumour for a second. By the way, his coaching record is not that much better than Cartwrights.
OK... Don't shoot the messenger

If I had a mate who told me Cleary was coaching us next season I'd never take another tip from him in my life. More chance Kristie Fulton marries Tim Cleary and Bozo is the best man.

And Gladys Berejiklian be the flower girl...

kristie-fulton-800.jpg

Thanks for the goss but i think we need a "you're dreaming" icon. @:D

If Cleary does leave the Tigers, it'll be for Penrith and not us.

One, we don't have Nathan and can't afford him and two, our owners are tightarses and won't stump up the cash for Ivan.

Nice to hear the rumours though. Not shooting the messenger...@:)

Keeping Barrett in some sort of capacity was always on the cards, as Penn said there wont be any payout, and if Trent wants his coin, he has to stay around and earn it.

But getting Ivan Cleary is a stretch, and while he played 15 games for us back in the day, he hardly is the one oozing with Manly DNA. I can't entertain this rumour for a second. By the way, his coaching record is not that much better than Cartwrights.
Keeping Barrett in some sort of capacity - for no payout he resigns OR he remains HEAD coach! Other than those 2 options he gets a payout!

The thing with Cleary is that sure, he’s a Manly junior, but his association with the club ended 25 years ago. He has little to no association with Manly’s most recent group of great players (Kite accepted) that could be called upon to come onboard as assistants etc.

In other words, it would be little different from Cartwright or Barrett as head coach, Cleary’s notional coaching ability notwithstanding.

Keeping Barrett in some sort of capacity - for no payout he resigns OR he remains HEAD coach! Other than those 2 options he gets a payout!

Sounds about right, but I suspect the Penns would still pay him full pay if he refuses to leave, and they may decide to make him assistant coach for the first 6 months, then tell him to **** off!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8