It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Manly Daily

CART’S RIGHT
Sea Eagles stars back Barrett’s assistant to take charge

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

SEA Eagles’ dynamic duo Jake and Tom Trbojevic have backed John Cartwright to take charge of their NRL team next season.

And the super-talented brothers have expressed their strong support for outgoing Manly coach Trent Barrett and what he has done for them over the past three years.

Cartwright has been one of Barrett’s assistants and is the strong favourite to step into the head coaching role for 2019.

“I would love to see Carty get the job,” Jake said.

“Carty has a really good footy mind — he has done it all in the game.

“He’s played for his country, he has won premierships, he has won Origins.

“He has a great rapport with the players. He is like Baz — they’re really good, genuine blokes.”

Jake’s thoughts were echoed by younger brother Tom. “I’m the same. I hope Carty takes over. He has a good understanding of the game as well and is good fella,” the dynamic fullback said.

The brothers said it was very sad to see Barrett going.

“I love having Baz as a coach and I learnt so much from him,” Tom said.

Jake said he knew in the past three years he had learnt so much and his game had improved a lot playing under Barrett.

“I will always appreciate that,” Jake said.

“I hope he’s my coach again one day.

“He’s a great footy coach but then, he cares about you as a person as well.”
Was that published today? The quotes are exactly the same as the ones from AAP / nrl website a week ago. I think that is a recycled article and I doubt the turbos were interviewed a week later for the same quotes.

Manly Daily

CART’S RIGHT

Jon Geddes

SEA Eagles’ dynamic duo Jake and Tom Trbojevic have backed John Cartwright to take charge of their NRL team next season.

And the super-talented brothers have expressed their strong support for outgoing Manly coach Trent Barrett and what he has done for them over the past three years.

That head shot to Tom in the last game has done more damage than we think....Send him for another MRI

Let the assistant coach mollycoddle the players. I want a head coach that kicks arse when it's needed! Someone that will call a spade a spade and insists on performance.

A coach like that demands the players respect...he doesn't earn it through being a touchy feely nice guy. And you know what happens then?? When he gives the players a pat on the back or praise in the paper...the player is so happy he lifts to another level!!

A Craig Bellamy type would be awesome!

Manly Daily

CART’S RIGHT

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Cartwright has been one of Barrett’s assistants and is the strong favourite to step into the head coaching role for 2019.

“I would love to see Carty get the job,” Jake said.

“Carty has a really good footy mind — he has done it all in the game.

“He’s played for his country, he has won premierships, he has won Origins.

“He has a great rapport with the players. He is like Baz — they’re really good, genuine blokes.”

Jake’s thoughts were echoed by younger brother Tom. “I’m the same. I hope Carty takes over. He has a good understanding of the game as well and is good fella,” the dynamic fullback said.

The brothers said it was very sad to see Barrett going.

“I love having Baz as a coach and I learnt so much from him,” Tom said.

Jake said he knew in the past three years he had learnt so much and his game had improved a lot playing under Barrett.

“I will always appreciate that,” Jake said.

“I hope he’s my coach again one day.

“He’s a great footy coach but then, he cares about you as a person as well.”
It doesn't appear that anyone else learnt much from him otherwise we'd be watching them on the field this weekend. We don't want a chummy coach, we want someone who takes no prisoners like Bellyache.

Spot on champ. Probably stems back to the millennials getting ribbons for coming last.
I don't think Tommy would have ever gotten a ribbon for coming last. Probably a thousand blue ribbons in his mama's photo album.

I'm disappointed that thew club's owners/PR manager are using the Turbojet Brothers as propaganda tools.
We have a photo of the smiling Brothers on the back page of today's Manly Daily under the headline 'CART'S RIGHT'. (It is an obvious old photo as Tom hasn't an eye injury)
The story is all about how good Carthorse is, but also "their strong support for outgoing coach Trent Barrett and what he has done for them over the past three years."
Now, as someone who has been in the PR-publicity business for the past 40-odd years I know when a situation is being exploited for PR purposes.
Of course Tom and Jake are going to back both coaches when they are asked. They have no choice. I just wished they had both said they were not going to comment on off-field matters.
Because, by backing Barrett and Carthorse, they are endorsing the two architects of our worst performing Manly team in history.
These boys are smart. There is no way they could honestly believe either coach is worthy of praise.
It sickened me to read this article because I - like all Manly fans - hold these brothers in the highest regard. They bleed for the maroon-and-whites. But to read words put into their mouths that Barrett and Carthorse are the ants pants further deepens my dread that this club has no future under the current regime.

I'm disappointed that thew club's owners/PR manager are using the Turbojet Brothers as propaganda tools.
We have a photo of the smiling Brothers on the back page of today's Manly Daily under the headline 'CART'S RIGHT'. (It is an obvious old photo as Tom hasn't an eye injury)
The story is all about how good Carthorse is, but also "their strong support for outgoing coach Trent Barrett and what he has done for them over the past three years."
Now, as someone who has been in the PR-publicity business for the past 40-odd years I know when a situation is being exploited for PR purposes.
Of course Tom and Jake are going to back both coaches when they are asked. They have no choice. I just wished they had both said they were not going to comment on off-field matters.
Because, by backing Barrett and Carthorse, they are endorsing the two architects of our worst performing Manly team in history.
These boys are smart. There is no way they could honestly believe either coach is worthy of praise.
It sickened me to read this article because I - like all Manly fans - hold these brothers in the highest regard. They bleed for the maroon-and-whites. But to read words put into their mouths that Barrett and Carthorse are the ants pants further deepens my dread that this club has no future under the current regime.

I prefer Junta to regime .... but other than that .... spot on ..

I don't think Tommy would have ever gotten a ribbon for coming last. Probably a thousand blue ribbons in his mama's photo album.
Tom probably was the quickest on sports day, but we could have seen a bit of that ribbon for participating issue with him a bit this year. Cant just gloss over some lethargy in making ground to catch a bomb, poor positional play, lethargy in attempting to hold a score up, there have been games he hasn't attempted to stop a try at all. Identical forward passes time after time after time in the one game like it was stuck on repeat.

That bloody ribbon for effort, probably does affects those who have all the talent, way more than the kid who knows he is 2nd or 3rd fastest but just wants to win.

What person living in fairy wonderland thought a ribbon for effort was preparing people for the real world any way?

Who ever it was. Should be shot.

Tom probably was the quickest on sports day, but we could have seen a bit of that ribbon for participating issue with him a bit this year. Cant just gloss over some lethargy in making ground to catch a bomb, poor positional play, lethargy in attempting to hold a score up, there have been games he hasn't attempted to stop a try at all. Identical forward passes time after time after time in the one game like it was stuck on repeat.

That bloody ribbon for effort, probably does affects those who have all the talent, way more than the kid who knows he is 2nd or 3rd fastest but just wants to win.

What person living in fairy wonderland thought a ribbon for effort was preparing people for the real world any way?

Who ever it was. Should be shot.
I swear my kids have received awards for breathing

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10