It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
But would you rather we keep Barrett?
No I wouldn't I would take this as a chance to reset I would punt Cartwright and Ferris also. Sure you loose money but if we hire a better credentialed coach he appoints his staff a lot of those costs will be made up by members staying on,potentially bigger crowds and more sponsors.
Promoting Cartwright confirms what we know that we are cheap and put cost before success and this isn't a Manly I remember.

That is one.
Another is the transition from assistant to head coach - reputedly the assistants are more matey with the players, he's been that for 3 years with this group, can he change that relationship? Will they take him seriously?
Another is recruitment, can he attract decent talent? really?
Another is his drive to succeed - when he left the Titans he said he was just about over rugby league, and since then he has been content to assist. What has changed?
Another is his point of difference from Barrett - are there any? He was part of that team, what changes did he agitate for that were denied by Barrett? If none...that's not a good start!

After missing the spoon by a whisker (fingers crossed, we aren't there yet) I am shocked if a new-broom approach to the coaching set-up isn't the obvious choice.
Seibold was our defensive coach and was part of as you say the Barrett team and since he left our under performing team and has the reigns on his own his team is doing well .Barrett the rookie called the shots even though he never claims responsibility for nothing
It is not unusual for people to change and get their second wind back
Carty as head coach attracted and signed the likes of Matt Rogers , Greg Bird , Preston Campbell , Scott Prince , James Roberts, Dave Taylor , all those players in their prime of their career .
I dont see things so black and white here as you do

Seibold was our defensive coach and was part of as you say the Barrett team and since he left our under performing team and has the reigns on his own his team is doing well .Barrett the rookie called the shots even though he never claims responsibility for nothing
It is not unusual for people to change and get their second wind back
Carty as head coach attracted and signed the likes of Matt Rogers , Greg Bird , Preston Campbell , Scott Prince , James Roberts, Dave Taylor , all those players in their prime of their career .
I dont see things so black and white here as you do
You may be right, I hope so.

Lets not forget Cartwrong was signed as an “ assistant “ coach so any payout isn’t likely to be $650k.

Have no idea on what assistants earn but I’d be surprised if it’s much more than $150k.

So paying him out isn’t a big deal!!

Promises are like pie crusts easily broken. The promises may serve to keep calm until after sundays game. They can calm the playing group by keeping Hoss on as assistant and I still suspect we are after Madge followed by Henry. I must say that in my view the players need to keep their thoughts within the club and focus on doing their job which does not include picking the coach.
Mmmmmmm ....... pie crust

No I wouldn't I would take this as a chance to reset I would punt Cartwright and Ferris also. Sure you loose money but if we hire a better credentialed coach he appoints his staff a lot of those costs will be made up by members staying on,potentially bigger crowds and more sponsors.
Promoting Cartwright confirms what we know that we are cheap and put cost before success and this isn't a Manly I remember.

I agree 10,000,000% on punting that fraud Ferris. But the reality is that after paying out whatever to Barrett, I doubt the Penn's would be willing to pay out Cartwright and Ferris to bring in either Maguire or Henry and for them to bring in their own people. It would end up costing us twice what it should and with the NRL putting a salary cap on coaching staff, even if Cartwright and Ferris followed Barrett out the door.....the NRL would probably make us count them under said cap a-la Snake, Skivvy and the Big Giant Head with the players cap.

Cartwright may not be the best choice, but financially I can see the Penn's point if he is going to be our coach.

I agree 10,000,000% on punting that fraud Ferris. But the reality is that after paying out whatever to Barrett, I doubt the Penn's would be willing to pay out Cartwright and Ferris to bring in either Maguire or Henry and for them to bring in their own people. It would end up costing us twice what it should and with the NRL putting a salary cap on coaching staff, even if Cartwright and Ferris followed Barrett out the door.....the NRL would probably make us count them under said cap a-la Snake, Skivvy and the Big Giant Head with the players cap.

Cartwright may not be the best choice, but financially I can see the Penn's point if he is going to be our coach.

If we hire Maguire though, no one needs to be punted. If they don't like it they can leave.

I agree that Cartwright may NOT be our best option, but Barrett has seen to it that our chances of getting a well credentialed coach are gone, thanks a lot Baz, you worm.

I agree that Cartwright may NOT be our best option, but Barrett has seen to it that our chances of getting a well credentialed coach are gone, thanks a lot Baz, you worm.

Fair dinkum .... Barrett did no such thing ...... Barrett tendered his resignation 3 months ago ..... from that day, the ball has been in Penns court, and every fukk up since that moment is on the head of a dysfunctional administration ... they had plenty of time to sort out 2019 .. without drama or turmoil .....

TBH I would put the blame there more on the manager Wayne Beavis than I would Barrett.

That and our wonderful club management.

Fair dinkum .... Barrett did no such thing ...... Barrett tendered his resignation 3 months ago ..... from that day, the ball has been in Penns court, and every fukk up since that moment is on the head of a dysfunctional administration ... they had plenty of time to sort out 2019 .. without drama or turmoil .....
Rightly or wrongly Barrett has painted us as a basket case due to our inability to provide him with his demands, and the journalists have run with it because it's anti Manly, it was good enough for Hasler and Toovey,and got us to four grand finals in 10 years, whilst clubs like Brisbane and Penrith have hardly made any. why is Barrett so precious?
He knew what he was in for when he was desperate for an NRL coaching job.

If Lyle Gorman is implicated in the sharks cap cheating we can kiss Maguire goodbye!

Rightly or wrongly Barrett has painted us as a basket case due to our inability to provide him with his demands, and the journalists have run with it because it's anti Manly, it was good enough for Hasler and Toovey,and got us to four grand finals in 10 years, whilst clubs like Brisbane and Penrith have hardly made any. why is Barrett so precious?
It's due to the hair

I love to have a beer with maxta
I love to have a beer with max
We drink in moderation
And we never ever ever get rollin' drunk
We drink at the Brookvale pub
Where the atmosphere is great
I love to have a beer with maxta
'Cause maxta me mate,
I'm in Bozo - expect a message when I get down for a game in 2019 !!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12