It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I think a lot of the souths players went awol after the gf win, for a couple of years. The burgess bros looked like reserve graders, Isaac luke became very inconsistent (yeah I know api was in the gf), Sutton lost form etc. they were in the wilderness.
Dead right. And as long as we win the GF first, I will settle for that.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that if / when Trent Barrett goes to a well staffed, well catered club, (with sound owners and funds at his disposal) he will shoot the lights out tbh.

He got a raw deal here in my view. I think a lot of us will be eating crow at some point.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that if / when Trent Barrett goes to a well staffed, well catered club, (with sound owners and funds at his disposal) he will shoot the lights out tbh.

He got a raw deal here in my view. I think a lot of us will be eating crow at some point.

He may do well at another club in time but he wouldn’t have been able to do it here as he just wouldn’t have got the staff around him he needed. If he did, he wouldn’t have put his resignation in.

Barrett still missed the mark on a lot of things and showed his inexperience.

The worst of which was him saying that no one wanted to play with Hastings and he wouldn’t play first grade again this year.

The media fed off that and he couldn’t live it down. Then, some of the players came out and said they would play with Hastings. He made the stupid situation worse and put a lot more pressure on the team.

I like Trent but he was out of his depth with us, especially with so little football staff at his disposal.

We need a hard experienced coach for us now.

He may do well at another club in time but he wouldn’t have been able to do it here as he just wouldn’t have got the staff around him he needed. If he did, he wouldn’t have put his resignation in.

The worst of which was him saying that no one wanted to play with Hastings and he wouldn’t play first grade again this year.

The media fed off that and he couldn’t live it down. Then, some of the players came out and said they would play with Hastings. He made the stupid situation worse and put a lot more pressure on the team.

I like Trent but he was out of his depth with us, especially with so little football staff at his disposal.

Yes, I agree there, too. I think the players need a dose of reality, and a swift kick up the arse.

They believe they rule the roost in my opinion, and need a reality check.

They should stfu, and play footy, nothing else.

From where I view this season you are being far too nice on Barrett.

From his top 30 selection, to weekly selections, to positional selections, to pressers, to NEVER taking responsibility for team performances. to recruiting Hodko, Hastings, Gladstone...and on and on.

He just about made a mess of every single thing he was involved in as far as I can see.

Weak, weak, weak.

From where I view this season you are being far too nice on Barrett.

From his top 30 selection, to weekly selections, to positional selections, to pressers, to NEVER taking responsibility for team performances. to recruiting Hodko, Hastings, Gladstone...and on and on.

He just about made a mess of every single thing he was involved in as far as I can see.

Weak, weak, weak.

I'm glad he's gone, don't get me wrong. I just think he may have something about him that he may get right at another club with more people around him.

One thing apart from the obvious bench management and some team selection, was the defence. Our guys had no commitment or idea. It was hard to watch.

When he gets someone with him to help him in that area and he gets more experience how to deal with the media, he may well progress.

I just prefer he do that somewhere else.

The worst of which was him saying that no one wanted to play with Hastings
Except he never said that. This was a 'story' by Dean Ritchie, who never attributed the scoop to Barrett - and in fact everyone here knows exactly who his Manly source is, and it isn't Barrett.
I agree Barrett's year took a big nosedive at that time but that wasn't a problem of his creation.

Ryan with respect mate... Our defence was horrendous and despite the glaring deficiencies the problems were never addressed. I saw zero improvement week after week. In attack our big wins were courtesy of brilliance from individuals, never great performances based on a cohesive team effort. Again, zero progress made. Throw in dreadful decisions re our bench, not giving opportunities to people that deserved a better go, playing blokes out of position and not utilising their strengths and you have one of the worst coaching efforts I have ever witnessed from a bloke meant to be the Messiah. That idiot would make even the Storm consistent cellar dwellars after a season or two of his 'wizardry' ffs.

Ryan with respect mate... Our defence was horrendous and despite the glaring deficiencies the problems were never addressed. I saw zero improvement week after week. In attack our big wins were courtesy of brilliance from individuals, never great performances based on a cohesive team effort. Again, zero progress made. Throw in dreadful decisions re our bench, not giving opportunities to people that deserved a better go, playing blokes out of position and not utilising their strengths and you have one of the worst coaching efforts I have ever witnessed from a bloke meant to be the Messiah. That idiot would make even the Storm consistent cellar dwellars after a season or two of his 'wizardry' ffs.

I wonder though, if this was our team for the full season, do you think things would be different?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Lachlan Croker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

Because I think that team beats most in the NRL

Yep ... everybody who has played for him or been coached by him agree with you ..... hold on .. wait .... no they don't ....

surely he could have picked a better team from a squad of 30 .... no a squad of 28 .. no wait a squad of 25.... no wait a squad of 23 ... no wait ... a squad of 21 .... shiitte and bugger ... surely when he only had 20 fit players to name he could have picked a better side ....

Yep ... everybody who has played for him or been coached by him agree with you ..... hold on .. wait .... no they don't ....

surely he could have picked a better team from a squad of 30 .... no a squad of 28 .. no wait a squad of 25.... no wait a squad of 23 ... no wait ... a squad of 21 .... shiitte and bugger ... surely when he only had 20 fit players to name he could have picked a better side ....
Ure an argumentative bastard arent u.. :p

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8