It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Before we know that Cartwright is our next coach ...... I just want the pleasure of Barrett going! Can we get excited about that first and then the replacement? That's two things to look forward to and not just one.

My hope is that the rumour everyone is alluding to but not disclosing (doh!!!!) is that the Penns are selling.
Probably not so, in which case I wish upon the Penns:
A world full of thin people!!!!
No fat people. No customers.

So from what i have read lets use process of elimination, while Mark hasn’t really said he wiuld be over the moon he did say they we could be, so
Not Des as Mark doesnt like him for past deeds , fair enough
Tooves yes, was badly treated and would go such a long way to right so many wrongs and True Manly fans wb very happy with that
Cleary. Highly unlikely and has been discarded as too much in demand by the pie eater from the riff and his current club
Madge i tbink that would make everyone happy and he would have to be in the frame and is a proven winner
So tell me if i am wrong ,but other than the above i cant see to many more available coaches that would make Manly fans “over the moon”? Assuming ofcourse we r talking coaches not players
So for me its “Tooves to drag Manly from the dark abyss to the promised land of finals and GF glory...again”
There is a free headline for the “journalist s” trawling this site for ideas
Go Manly

Ok so u dont have to post truths or facts on here, u can post what you think or what u feel is right .Just trying to confuse the situation lol :)So Mark whats wrong with just saying what uve heard wether wrong or right it doesnt matter they wont judge you on here hahaha :giggle:

I think Gorman understands what makes clubs successful. I think he's in touch with what supporters want.
I think he's the type of guy that would have a difficult conversation with the Penns about sucking up their pride and appointing Tooves.
He seems to be the type of bloke that wouldn't have taken the role if he wasn't gifted the ability to make these kinds of decisons...

A lot of assumptions with no facts... But let's see what happens.

Tooves is exactly what our club needs right now. Crowds would come back. He has gained more coaching experience and he knows what he's in for.

Fingers crossed.

Yep fingers crossed mate, we'll just have to sit, wait and hope that a good appointment as coach will give us fans some optimism and excitement for next season

Toovey

heart = yes
Head = no

Only because of the atrocious condition Manly is currently in, I have only seen Toovs be successful taking over a team that goes down in history as one of the greats.

But how does he go getting a team out of the gutter, developing young blokes effectively, attracting gun players etc. He only got the gig somewhat by default.

I would not be upset at all if he got the gig, but get prefer a proven career coach at this stage of Manly’s history.

Toovey

heart = yes
Head = no

Only because of the atrocious condition Manly is currently in, I have only seen Toovs be successful taking over a team that goes down in history as one of the greats.

But how does he go getting a team out of the gutter, developing young blokes effectively, attracting gun players etc. He only got the gig somewhat by default.

I would not be upset at all if he got the gig, but get prefer a proven career coach at this stage of Manly’s history.
He didn't do too bad in 15 with a dreadful roster, far worse than we have now, a massive injury toll, finishing 9th with all the pressure on him with the rubbish going on at the time.
All without complaining about the facilities.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12