It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Honestly, I believe Barrett remaining is a cashflow problem, rather than anything else. We can't afford to pay a lump sum.

End of the day, he's going to get paid his full freight anyway.

The NRL grant comes in monthly.

I just think this makes things more affordable to the club. What Scott Penn has done with the millions from the sale of our Leagues club confuses me?

Also, remember cashflow and profits are two completely seperate things.

Therefore, having Barrett around is more due to Penn being a tight arse, and not allowing the club to move forward without baggage. This isn't a principle matter.

Cashflow.

Any other cashed up club would do what's best for the club, early and just part ways (see The Bulldogs agreement to payout Des).
I think you’re right. Normally a leagues club would just front the cash and be paid back. Also with the leagues club land we have no idea what it was bought with (e.g. a trust account, superannuation, private money, penn health money).

The idea that that money could be just be dumped back into the club depends entirely on where it went. If it went to a company or trust it’s not that easy to just give it to sea eagles Ltd or whatever the entity is called.

We also don’t know how the contract is structured. Given that it hasn’t had approval for redevelopment there can sometimes be clauses which affect the final price if it isn’t rezoned. I can’t imagine anyone paying $35 mil just to rent it back to the leagues club. And as far as I’m aware that land was never rezoned after they withdrew the application in 2015

Does anybody know if these two are still involved in the club? I haven't heard anything from them. Considering they own 22% of the club.

https://outline.com/jqR2kL
Sale of those shares to the third parties, plus sale of Leagues club netted Penn around 30 odd million didn't it, combined? (Give or take a few mill) - less capital gains of course.

They say he's dipped a million odd a year into the club (3 million over that span). Less the purchase of the leagues club which was around 7 mill.

So he's 20 odd mill in the black? Scott, ****ing pay Barrett AND Cartwright out so we can move forward with a fresh, clean slate, the MANLY way.

If you don't understand that, sell to someone who will.

Keeping an unhappy employee around could literally destroy the culture. Let Des have every tool / environment available to him to do his job at 100%.

Sorry I'm whingeing everyone. I just want what's best for the club here, and it may mean Penn has to dip into this deep pockets. I mean, I've read in the members renewal thread how most of us are lining it anyway.

The LEAST we could do is expect a level of professionalism out of him from it.

Not surprised with all the cash he's made from us he's been holidaying overseas when we.needed him here correcting things.

Scott, having Barrett around in ANY capacity is not going to help our cause. At least come to an agreement like every other professional club would. This is both embarrassing and bull****, and because you won't resource a payout with the profits you've made from the club.

Nincumpoop.

Any other cashed up club would do what's best for the club, early and just part ways (see The Bulldogs agreement to payout Des).
Pretty sure it was reported that Des was just sacked, and a settlement payout was only negotiated after he commenced legal action to sue the club for breach of contract.

I am sure none of us know the specifics of Barrett's contract or the wording or if it states he is the sole Head Coach or not. Barrett is angling to get a pay out then was hoping he would get the gig at Penrith or elsewhere. He is no saint in all this - not at all. He had/has another plan he just wants the Manly money as well. Lets just see how this plays out and who legally has the contract and contractual law on their side. It might well be Barrett but who knows. I have no issue with the club making Barrett sit in a demountable doodling all day. I doubt he would have anything to do with the team or the club unless he could guarantee his full support to Hasler as an "assistant" and that wont happen. So let him sit somewhere doodling. It will be bad for his career because he wont get a gig to prove himself in any capacity in 2019 - at least till July. I have no problems with the clubs strategy because I have no knowledge of the Contract and its wording. Let's have faith in the club and let it play out. I am sure that Hasler will not let anything affect him or the playing group and so Barrett sitting in a demountable wont be any distraction at all as I see it IF it gets that far.
On what evidence from the past four years does 'let's have faith in the club' work?
There is no 'club'. There is one man.
From the moment Tooves was sacked it's been idiot decision after idiot decision.

Your passion is sweet but misguided.

Barrett didn't seem to be much of a coach but the point is that he had a contract which it appears he has followed to the letter of said contract. He gave twelve months notice as required and now we either keep him around or pay him out. His selection decisions have shown us that he can be totally pig headed.
I understand that it's brinkmanship but, if it weren't Manly, it would be plain as day that one party was trying to dud another by welching on a contract.
And, as for the benefit of the team, there is no way the club openly holding hostage a much loved coach is going to engender feelings of loyalty and commitment. They're human, not cattle.
Sever ties and look to the future. It is the nitpicking past which keeps holding us back.

Pretty sure it was reported that Des was just sacked, and a settlement payout was only negotiated after he commenced legal action to sue the club for breach of contract.
And Bulldogs complied, quickly.
Not sure if you're affirming, or trying to debunk what I've said?

But ummmm, yes. Des was sacked, and a large payout settlement occured (what happened between those points, great).

They moved on / forward, and have "started" looking better.

Keeping an unhappy employee around could literally destroy the culture. Let Des have every tool / environment available to him to do his job at 100%.
I think neither Barrett nor the players are 'around' because they are on their annual break.
If the Barrett situation remains unresolved when they return, yes I would strongly agree with your point, but that hasn't happened yet so I am not assuming it will happen.

I think neither Barrett nor the players are 'around' because they are on their annual break.
If the Barrett situation remains unresolved when they return, yes I would strongly agree with your point, but that hasn't happened yet so I am not assuming it will happen.
Haven't we all just read that he's continued his duties this off season to remain contractually compliant?

I'm pretty sure he's working as though he's 100% returning mate.

I also know the coach (and mainly / usually) the fitness / health team are in constant contact with the players (both physical and mental reasons).

These guys are full time employees. They have normal annual holidays. They don't have a full off season off, then come back a few weeks before the start of the season to begin again.

Patronizing by trying to explain a private ownership model makes you sound really smart!

Constantly reframing your argument from your initial post is also genius!

All i want you to do is acknowledge that this is a forum. People present their opinions, whether reasoned or not. You do it as much as anyone.

When mine were different to yours you followed me round saying I was passing them off as fact when they were never anything more than opinion and were stated as such

My one real hope was that you might acknowledge this and get off your high horse but I think you may be irony impaired.

The oxygen is far too thin up there

OK ... put your panties back on ... I acknowledge that the whole purpose of a forum is to provide a vehicle for people to express opinions ... and when people do just that it is a wonderful place .... however when people present their opinion as fact .. then use that "fact" as a cause to slander or abuse my notion of fair play is to call them on it ....

I maintain that my assertion that their is only one man at Manly making the decisions stands is a fact .... that recent developments tend to incicate he may be currently listening to good council does not change "the fact" that Penn and only Penn will make the final decision.. ironically (you like that) that decision by Penn may be to allow Gorman to make the decision ... but that would then still be Penn's decision ......

You might be right, at first glance and from the outside it certainly seems like a rip-the-bandaid-off-quickly scenario would be preferable. But I'll wait to see how it plays out, probably just me, I have far more important things to stress about :eek:

You might be right, at first glance and from the outside it certainly seems like a rip-the-bandaid-off-quickly scenario would be preferable. But I'll wait to see how it plays out, probably just me, I have far more important things to stress about :eek:

I think 2 things have formed the basis of Manly's actions ..

a) They believe Barrett had another gig and would leave to take it up ..... Gorman has said he believes it is Penrith ..... both Gus and Baz have streniously denied any contact .... my opinion is that if Baz did have the gig he would have just walked ....

b) That every week they delay results in about $8000 less in the payout ....

But I'll wait to see how it plays out, probably just me, I have far more important things to stress about :eek:
I like to keep the stress for here. That way my life can go up on smoke without me having a care in the world. Seem to be working so far! @;)

Bugger us fans, it would be ridiculously unsettling for 'the playing group' (whatever happened to the word team?). Untenable.
Get your hands out of your tight arse Mr Penn, put it in your pocket (eeew, gross!) and pay out Barrett. Yours is, no doubt, one of the signatures on that contract.
You think Hook didn't get all his money?

I think Barrett will now seek a release. he doesn't want to be here unless he doesn't have somewhere else to go. I could see this becoming a poker game...who flinches first. I think Barrett erred by stating he would leave in July. Otherwise he would have Manly stuck with the full contract

But ummmm, yes. Des was sacked, and a large payout settlement occured (what happened between those points, great).

They moved on / forward, and have "started" looking better.
The Dogs also faced a lengthy contract period to pay out, because Hasler stood his ground. He had years left on his contract, Barrett has until July, which though initially looked to Manly's annoyance, is now an annoyance to Barrett if he has other offers waiting to start 2019. Clever move. Nasty but clever. He'll either leave of his own accord or be found with something to do until July. And if he has other options would he want to stick it out for half a year at Manly

Mark’s farewell as he drives away in his caravan this morning to the great internet wilderness and wont have a ****ing clue what’s happening #nextweek

Surely your sympathies could create another 10 pages??
Fair well feathered friend and have a fantastic time away .

The Dogs also faced a lengthy contract period to pay out, because Hasler stood his ground. He had years left on his contract, Barrett has until July, which though initially looked to Manly's annoyance, is now an annoyance to Barrett if he has other offers waiting to start 2019. Clever move. Nasty but clever. He'll either leave of his own accord or be found with something to do until July. And if he has other options would he want to stick it out for half a year at Manly

Bear, I think the difference with Hasler's situation was that the Dogs actually disputed that a contract existed and therefore no payout was necessary after they sacked him ..... there was never any intend to pay him out ....

Bear, I think the difference with Hasler's situation was that the Dogs actually disputed that a contract existed and therefore no payout was necessary after they sacked him ..... there was never any intend to pay him out ....

Hey, but they did. Bet you it wasn't sausage rolls money either. They knew they were going to lose at court

Never underestimate the P P C . Look how they have suppressed and tried to indoctrinate us poor Numb Nuts and Punchies
Does anybody know if these two are still involved in the club? I haven't heard anything from them. Considering they own 22% of the club.

https://outline.com/jqR2kL
I love these couple of paragraphs in that article.

The development comes as Manly enjoy an amazing off-season recruitment drive. Manly has endured the biggest clean-out — on and off the field — in the club’s long and successful history.

The Sea Eagles have recruited brilliantly, buying Lewis Brown, Nathan Green, Isaac John, Apisai Koroisau, Darcy Lussick, Tim Moltzen, Nate Myles, Matt Parcell, Martin Taupau and former rising rugby union star Tom Wright for next season.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10