It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I have been travelling most of the week...@ryan who is that you have on the wing?

Barrett made to work alongside Hasler as Manly refuse payout
By Adrian Proszenko SMH
20 October 2018 — 12:01am

Manly have no intention of paying out Trent Barrett, who will be made to continue working for his contract money long after Des Hasler is appointed as his replacement.

Hasler’s return to the northern beaches on a three-year deal will be trumpeted next week, marking an unlikely return to the Sea Eagles. It was widely considered the Hasler deal would not be announced until a settlement had been reached with Barrett, who gave a 12-month notice period last July.

But in an unprecedented scenario, the Sea Eagles intend for Barrett to serve out his time in a yet-to-be-defined role, meaning he will remain at the club until the middle of next year alongside Hasler.

The extraordinary transition plan means Barrett is expected to keep working for his money long after the new coach's appointment. Manly powerbrokers are adamant they won’t be paying out a cent to Barrett to get him off their books, but are prepared to grant him a release should he ask for one. Such a move would prevent them from having to pay two coaches at the same time.

Continues at: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ba...r-as-manly-refuse-payout-20181019-p50at1.html

Finally they have worked it out. I do believe that the Penn’s legal team have finally done the contract justice. Although we can all speculate what may, or may not be on Barrett’s contract, one thing I highly doubt is that the contract will have an exclusive clause that Barrett is the only head coach at the sea eagles and exclude the world at large.

I strongly believe there is nothing stopping the Penns from having 3,5, or 12 head coaches along with Barrett if they desire, it all comes down to legal interpretation and the expressed terms of the contract.

Barrett’s legal team can jump up and down all they like. Yes he was hired as a head coach but doubt the contract would stipulate ‘the only head coach’.

Although this way of dealing with the saga seems extremely unorthodox and may be unsettling for us fans and the playing group, it will have timing ramifications for Barrett’s much anticipated next move as assistant at another club. If timing is an issue then he would be hard pressed not seeking a release.

Attachments

• B424F87B-1B2B-4C14-B8A4-EF186972AE39.png
    B424F87B-1B2B-4C14-B8A4-EF186972AE39.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 42
Barrett has publicly slammed Manly over the lack of infrastructure and support he has received during his time at the club
However , the facilities are on improvement on those that Hasler had at his disposal when he won Premierships.
Penn will publicly humiliate this fool if he wants to continue to play games .
As they say The Penn is mightier than the sword .
This is the Manly that I like .
The dont fck with us Manly
I am looking forward to seeing this dont fck with Manly attitude on the field with the players as well .
Des is best known to use conflict and have his team thrive on it ,where as Trent the choker has proven to capitulate when the going gets tough and his going will get tougher if he sticks around like a bad smell around the place .
I like this
Dont fck with Manly !!!
StGeorgeandDragon_sml.gif

Last edited:
Although this way of dealing with the saga seems extremely unorthodox and may be unsettling for us fans and the playing group,
Bugger us fans, it would be ridiculously unsettling for 'the playing group' (whatever happened to the word team?). Untenable.
Get your hands out of your tight arse Mr Penn, put it in your pocket (eeew, gross!) and pay out Barrett. Yours is, no doubt, one of the signatures on that contract.
You think Hook didn't get all his money?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8