It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
This will be Toddy when Des is announced as Manly's coach.
giphy-1.gif

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
What spin will the Barrett sympathisers attempt to put on this one? I’ve admired their efforts over the last couple of days... waving their flags about furiously in an attempt to put some wind into the sails of a sinking ship...
But he was so courageous in pointing out how terrible the Penn's were , like we didn't know already.
He was a martyr to the cause blah blah blah.
Of course it had nothing to do with him resigning to take the riff job before Gus pulled the rug out from under him and leaving him without a job, and unemployable because he's hopeless.
No nothing to do with that he's a great guy.
If he just f*cked off I wouldn't bag him again but whilst he's here he's fair game.
Nutshell:
He brought *nothing to the club.

*Except furniture...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
But he was so courageous in pointing out how terrible the Penn's were , like we didn't know already.
Of course it had nothing to do with him resigning to take the riff job before Gus pulled the rug out from under him and leaving him without a job, and unemployable because he's hopeless.
If he just f*cked off I wouldn't bag him again but whilst he's here he's fair game.
Nutshell:

*Except furniture...
Even the furniture were crap bunnings quality

Shoe1

Journey Man
Nutshell:

*Except furniture...
We can’t win a game, hmm I’ll blame the owners. But first I’ll sign an extended contract.

lurker

Beaver lover
Based on the state of the club and current form, I reckon we need Des a little more than he needs us. Probably still being paid by the Dogs, and knocked back the NZ job before Madge took it

I might be in the minority but I reckon des needs us more than we need him. I think without manly he wouldn’t get another nrl gig after what he did to Canterbury. Whereas there are several other coaching options including tooves if we want manly blood

Unfortunately Arko the self absorbed millenials of today's players don't share our views of fierce club loyalty and spilling blood for colours and emblem. They're only interested in their "product" or brand name and will sell it to the highest bidder. Ofcourse they ned to get the most out of their careers but at some point you'd think they'd play for more than just the highest $$ bidder.

I don’t think it’s a millennial thing, it’s a professional sport thing. Clubs have no loyalty to players just like more companies have no loyalty to their staff. It’s all about what have you done for me lately. Look at the way fans turn on players (Ben hunt).

It would be hard to feel loyal to a club when you make a mistake and everyone starts bagging you. The beauty of it back in the day is that you never knew what the average punter was saying to each other in a pub and very few people would ever say it to your face.

Now keyboard warriors get on here or twitter, or other social media and just rip in. But they’re gutless in that if they meet the player in person they become deferential almost haha

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I supported Barrett for some 2 and a bit years.

Not because I thought he was the greatest coach ever only because as a rookie coach , and dealing with what was in year 1 and 3 a bad injury situation.

But he lost me during the early parts of 2018 with some really dumb selections and bench options , clearly HE WASN’T LEARNING.

Then the Jackson Hastings debacle , and it’s clear the kid can play , actually really play and would have been at the time what we needed.

The excuse “ the kids got issues “ and “ doesn’t get on with key players” means he allowed the lunatics to run the asylum!!

A decent coach would have said , he’s playing , get the **** over it!!!

And then when the injuries got worse and our year was done not giving some young guns a shot and persevering with them for more than one game if he did!

Look I think his heart was in it so I’m not going to be as critical as some but he was in massively over his head and with that useless lump Cartwrong just laughing when things got tough he was on a hiding to nothing.

But his actions of the last month or two are those that speak loudest, and the ones we have ALL heard.

In saying all that, good riddance and don’t forget to shut the door on the way out!!

ricardo

Bencher
Cartwright, to his credit, has said nothing over this period. I don't think he's all that bad. No idea how he'd go as head coach of this rabble, but maybe good as an assistant to a really good coach? Cowboys went well with him there. Yes his time at the Titans was unproductive but I'm prepared to overlook that as they are the Titans.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I supported Barrett for some 2 and a bit years.

Not because I thought he was the greatest coach ever only because as a rookie coach , and dealing with what was in year 1 and 3 a bad injury situation.

But he lost me during the early parts of 2018 with some really dumb selections and bench options , clearly HE WASN’T LEARNING.

Then the Jackson Hastings debacle , and it’s clear the kid can play , actually really play and would have been at the time what we needed.

The excuse “ the kids got issues “ and “ doesn’t get on with key players” means he allowed the lunatics to run the asylum!!

A decent coach would have said , he’s playing , get the **** over it!!!

And then when the injuries got worse and our year was done not giving some young guns a shot and persevering with them for more than one game if he did!

Look I think his heart was in it so I’m not going to be as critical as some but he was in massively over his head and with that useless lump Cartwrong just laughing when things got tough he was on a hiding to nothing.

But his actions of the last month or two are those that speak loudest, and the ones we have ALL heard.

In saying all that, good riddance and don’t forget to shut the door on the way out!!
You are right @Mark from Brisbane
To quote you "clearly HE WASN’T LEARNING." end quote
Over Trent's time we were not progressing we were declining
Sinking down to the perils of mediocrity and just like rats do when the ship starts sinking, Trent decided to jump ship
sinking-boat-92.jpg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Having introduced myself to Carty at Dee Why Beach the day before our trial game at Rat Park against Northern Pride Feb 2016 I found him incredibly friendly and polite and he was happy to talk to a complete stranger who had introduced himself as a Tragic Eagle. I can understand why the players like him.
Winning in sport is not about nice guys . No sentiment what so ever . Winning is all about guys that deliver .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
you only have to watch Bellamy in the coach's box to see that...
Yes !!! There is a borderline between showing your players that your mates and what really maters .
Never cross that fcking border line that separates success and failure

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17