It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I might be in the minority but I reckon des needs us more than we need him. I think without manly he wouldn’t get another nrl gig after what he did to Canterbury. Whereas there are several other coaching options including tooves if we want manly blood

I don’t think it’s a millennial thing, it’s a professional sport thing. Clubs have no loyalty to players just like more companies have no loyalty to their staff. It’s all about what have you done for me lately. Look at the way fans turn on players (Ben hunt).

It would be hard to feel loyal to a club when you make a mistake and everyone starts bagging you. The beauty of it back in the day is that you never knew what the average punter was saying to each other in a pub and very few people would ever say it to your face.

Now keyboard warriors get on here or twitter, or other social media and just rip in. But they’re gutless in that if they meet the player in person they become deferential almost haha
I Think Des and Manly need each other .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
there is a very old saying, "familiarity breeds contempt "....

I operated a very successful travel business for 40 years ( well two , 1 for 30 and another for 10) and I had a wonderful relationship with my staff ( mostly female).

They all claim I was the greatest boss ever BUT there was a line in the sand and I never crossed it.

You have to be fair but firm, and NEVER a pushover.

And you NEVER cross the line between professional and private.

I’ve never been a Football Coach but I’d be surprised if those qualities aren’t exactly the same for them.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
0B41A352-FEF7-41E4-8884-6DEADE9BC0B4.jpeg

Mark but all reports you were very friendly boss

I operated a very successful travel business for 40 years ( well two , 1 for 30 and another for 10) and I had a wonderful relationship with my staff ( mostly female).

They all claim I was the greatest boss ever BUT there was a line in the sand and I never crossed it.

You have to be fair but firm, and NEVER a pushover.

And you NEVER cross the line between professional and private.

I’ve never been a Football Coach but I’d be surprised if those qualities aren’t exactly the same for them.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
View attachment 9922

Mark but all reports you were very friendly boss

That’s one line I never crossed !!

Mind you I did employ one large breasted blonde who wore appropriate clothing.

She lasted all of two weeks , dumb as dog ****!!

Funny but I told her one Friday afternoon she shouldn’t return on Monday , and on that Monday when she didn’t turn up the other girls said “ where’s Kate”......I said “ well Kate’s no longer with us”.

They all laughed and collectively said “ that’ll teach you won’t it Mark”.

It did!!

lurker

Beaver lover
Cartwright, to his credit, has said nothing over this period. I don't think he's all that bad. No idea how he'd go as head coach of this rabble, but maybe good as an assistant to a really good coach? Cowboys went well with him there. Yes his time at the Titans was unproductive but I'm prepared to overlook that as they are the Titans.
I’m not advocating for him but I think regardless of who coached the titans they were on a hiding to nothing. They made the top 4 twice with a rubbish squad. I think the man prob can coach but he’s become the whipping child on here. At various times I’ve heard him referred to as either the defense coach or attack coach depending on what is going badly and which way the wind is blowing....

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
We can’t win a game, hmm I’ll blame the owners. But first I’ll sign an extended contract.
Yeah makes sense doesn't it.
He got dudded by his trusted advisor and has tried to make the club look bad.
Now the riff players know as much as ours about the coaching future...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m still thinking the one who misses out now is Maguire!!

BUT, he mightn’t if Seibold breaks his contract and goes to the Donkeys.

To me it’s,

Cleary to Panthers.
Bennett to Tigers.
Seibold stays at Souths.
And either Demitriou / Walters to Donkeys.

If so Madge ends up with major egg on his face after rejecting Manly.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor

To me it’s,

Cleary to Panthers.
Bennett to Tigers.
Seibold stays at Souths.

He's still my dark horse.
But getting darker by the minute...

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/e...9/news-story/07d101a9b029a25eb679659e672db22f

THE coaching merry-go-round is just starting to swing and up to five changes are expected within the coming weeks.
It’s not an ideal situation given most clubs are set to return to pre-season training in little more than a fortnight, leaving uncertainty and confusion until the ride comes to a halt.

Like a twisted game of dominoes, it will only take one club to make a significant move to set the wheels in motion.

Confused? Here's a look at the possible scenarios and the coaches in the firing line.

WAYNE BENNETT

After a very public stoush with club bosses over his coaching future midway through the season, Bennett’s position at Brisbane has been on rocky ground.

Although he has signed with the Broncos for 2019 and has repeatedly said he intends to honour his deal, the 68-year-old also wants to keep coaching beyond next season.

To do so, he will need to leave Brisbane

Bennett has been linked with Wests Tigers as a replacement for Ivan Cleary, and South Sydney if the Broncos can lure Anthony Seibold north.

Throwing another spanner in the works, in August Bennett was also linked with a return to the Dragons, where he won the 2010 premiership.

It’s unlikely Bennett would leave the Broncos, who have a young and healthy squad full of premiership potential, for club that would take a few years to rebuild.

It’s being reported that Anthony Seibold, Michael Maguire, Kevin Walters and Jason Demetriou have all been interviewed to replace Bennett in 2019, but if Bennett jumps ship early, all but Seibold are free to take hold.

Demetriou is already assistant at Brisbane and has the backing of star forward Josh McGuire, who describes him as an ‘exceptional coach’.

ANTHONY SEIBOLD

After just one season as head coach of South Sydney, Seibold’s strength and intelligence have made him one of the hottest prospects in rugby league.

In one season, the 44-year-old took South Sydney from a 12th-place finish to the preliminary finals and completely revolutionised the club’s attack without overhauling the playing roster.

He also unleashed Damien Cook’s talent, helping him to be picked for New South Wales and Australia for the first time.

But with all of the success comes attention from rival clubs who are looking for the same kind of change.

It’s widely believed Seibold is Brisbane’s main target and although he has previously insisted he would see out his deal with South Sydney, the might and power of the Broncos could be too impressive to resist.

MICHAEL MAGUIRE

What a situation for the New Zealand coach.

As a free agent in this drama, Maguire has the ability to pick and choose his next gig with the Kiwis job to keep him busy.

A first-up victory over Australia didn’t hurt his prospects either.

The premiership-winning former Rabbitohs coach has already turned down the chance to take on Manly, believed to be due to an alarming lack of resources, indicating his sights will be set on a club with solid financial backing.

It’s understood he has been interviewed for the Broncos job for 2020, but he has also been linked to the Wests Tigers as a replacement for Ivan Cleary if he breaks his contract with two years left to run.

However, of the two interested clubs, the Broncos have far better resources and a squad ready to contend for a premiership, which makes Brisbane the more attractive destination.

IVAN CLEARY

Since admitting he would love to coach his son Nathan, rumours of Cleary’s departure from the Wests Tigers have been rampant. It has not been helped by his refusal to squash the speculation, repeating that he has a contract with the club until 2020 but stopping short of promising to see it out.

Although it has not been confirmed, it is generally believed that Cleary has signed a deal to return to the Panthers and link up with his son in 2021 and it’s a matter of when, not if, he will head west.

With two years left on his contract, the Wests Tigers can rightfully decline a release if Cleary tenders one, but whether it would make his time at Wests Tigers untenable is a source of debate — and confusion.

Club legend Benji Marshall has said there will be no hard feelings if Cleary did decide to leave early, but the only way it would happen is if the Wests Tigers could pull off a big name signing to replace him.

The blow of losing Cleary to the Panthers would be softened if the club could sign Maguire or Bennett as a replacement — both would be an easy sell to long-suffering fans.

As for the Panthers, interim coach Cameron Ciraldo would likely drop back to an assistant role.

DES HASLER

Hasler’s return to Manly appears a done deal and is expected to be finalised before the pre-season starts. Of all the potential moves that could be made over the coming weeks, the 57-year-old returning to his former club is the most likely.

Since being sacked from the Bulldogs and replaced by Dean Pay at the end of the 2017 season, Hasler’s name has stayed out of the headlines until now.

Trent Barrett has handed in his resignation, and although assistant John Cartwright was believed to be the leading candidate, Hasler’s experience and previous success with Manly make him a logical replacement.

delz

Reserve Grader

To me it’s,

Cleary to Panthers.
Bennett to Tigers.
Seibold stays at Souths.

Just to clarify it was Manly who rejected Madge after his demands were found to be unsuitable.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/manly-...the-mole/339b4cbe-bb1e-4f4c-8588-61224f73fde7

Players want Des back in charge at the Sea Eagles

Manly players are pushing club management to get Des Hasler back to Brookie.

Hasler has emerged as a shock contender for the Sea Eagles job over the last few days and is expected to meet with club officials this week.

And he will have the support of the playing group, who see him as the answer to the club’s woes.

A favourite son of the club in his playing days with over 200 games in the maroon and white, Hasler coached the Sea Eagles from 2004 to 2011, winning two premierships.

But it all went pear-shaped the week after the 2011 triumph, with Hasler announcing he was heading to the Bulldogs in 2013.

The shell-shocked Manly board sacked Hasler for 2012, alleging ‘serious breaches’ of his contract.

He would have been at odds of a million to one to return to Manly after that… but times have changed.

The Sea Eagles are a basket case at the moment and have been struggling to find a coach after the falling out with Trent Barrett.

Michael Maguire knocked the club back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright has only lukewarm support.

Hasler has been out of a job since being punted by Canterbury at the end of the 2017 season.

http://ib.adnxs.com/seg?add=1&redir=https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
7 pages to go to get to 200 before the announcement, not sure what else we can dribble about but I’m sure we’ll find something!!

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
7 pages to go to get to 200 before the announcement, not sure what else we can dribble about but I’m sure we’ll find something!!
This is like a fkn soap opera. Stay tuned #nextweek for coaching merry go round. Just make a fkn decision and let us all relax. Surely I have better things to do with my life....... obviously no.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12