It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Well if Des doesn't sign, what option would he have if he wants to sign members

Best bet for Toovs is Hasler takes the job and gets him involved, at least I hope so. Just can't see Penn going down the Toovs road cap in hand unless Lyall has intervened. I admit it would be a membership winner but possibly a bridge to far

redlineg

Reserve Grader
Best bet for Toovs is Hasler takes the job and gets him involved, at least I hope so. Just can't see Penn going down the Toovs road cap in hand unless Lyall has intervened. I admit it would be a membership winner but possibly a bridge to far
Gotta Be Des Coach with Tooves managing both the Players Salary Cap and the Football Department Salary Cap in an official capacity and also assisting Des with coaching as well.
That would be well received by fans

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Gotta Be Des Coach with Tooves managing both the Players Salary Cap and the Football Department Salary Cap in an official capacity and also assisting Des with coaching as well.
That would be well received by fans

Dream team
talking of which that's where I should be, so DSD we tried hard, just over 10 to go so get ya fkn dribblin oout and drokit the wee place doown

Kevinward777

First Grader
Thanks. Just had a night cap looking forward to reading some high quality NSD material in the morning.
For some strange unexplainable reason... I kept tapping on your avatar tonight and staring at that picture. It made me realise how badly this place is in need of an injection of something... anything... to stop the madness of this past fortnight. If Des doesn’t announce his return soon... I might be forced to sign in under a pseudonym (cause I really am Kevin Ward) and set about trying to pass myself off as Stronger2gether... now that would be fun.

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manl...cle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/10/17&entity=ar05201

Eagles need a Des AND Tooves show
They’re Manly men and they’ve shed blood for the club, says godfather Arthurson

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

image.ashx

image.ashx

The Sea Eagles should bring back club legends Des Hasler and Geoff Toovey, says former club boss Ken Arthurson (inset).

SEA Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has backed Des Hasler to return as head coach and get the club back on track next season.

And if Hasler gets the job, Arthurson would love to see the club find a role for Manly legend Geoff Toovey, whom he says also has a lot to offer.

“I’ve got a very high regard for Des Hasler, I think he’s as good a coach as there is in the game, actually. He would be an excellent appointment,” said Arthurson, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest administrators.

“Arko” said a key attribute Hasler and Toovey shared was that they were Manly men who shed blood for the club.

“As I’ve always said —and I keep repeating it because it’s true — the best success Manly have ever had has been when we have appointed from within,” he said.“The evidence proves it without any doubt.”

That goes back to when Arthurson was coaching Manly and took them to grand finals in 1957 and 1959, when they were beaten by the champion St George teams. Then followed the likes of other old Sea Eagles Ron Willey, Bob Fulton, Hasler and Toovey.

Arthurson said the Sea Eagles were a closely knit club and always had the attitude they were up against the rest of the world, an ethos he used to encourage. “We got that tremendous spirit by which they stuck by each other, irrespective of what happened,” he said. “And any problems we ever had in the club were always dealt with in-house and were never made public.”

Arthurson said Hasler could put a stop to the dramas that had plagued the club throughout 2018. “Apart from being a good coach, Des is nobody’s fool and he would straighten things out — and so would Geoff Toovey,” he said.

Arthurson said he had a high regard for Toovey, who said last week he would be interested in coaching the club again. “Quite frankly, if Des gets the appointment — which it appears is going to happen — I’d love to see some position found for Toovey in the club because he would be an enormous asset,” he said.

“He’s got plenty of administrative ability, too. “

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Former star Ballin interested in comeback

Jon Geddes

FORMER Sea Eagles star Matt Ballin has revealed he would like to return to work at the club next season in a coaching role.

Manly’s former ironman hooker and one of the club’s favourite sons has had his name linked with a possible job at the club.

“I’m definitely interested in coming back and working with whoever is on the coaching staff in some role,” Ballin told the Manly Daily.

“But it is a long way off anything happening.”

Everything is on hold until the expected announcement of Des Hasler as head coach.

Significantly, Ballin was a key member of Hasler’s 2011 premiership-winning Manly side and started in 27 games that season.

“I like him and he likes me,” he said. Ballin is currently based in Brisbane as a high school teacher but has a great love for the Sea Eagles and the northern beaches.

Hasler met with his manager George Mimis on Monday. He then contacted Manly people whom he knows and trusts to get their take on where the club is situated and what needs to happen.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/10/17&entity=ar05201

Eagles need a Des AND Tooves show
They’re Manly men and they’ve shed blood for the club, says godfather Arthurson

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

image.ashx

image.ashx

The Sea Eagles should bring back club legends Des Hasler and Geoff Toovey, says former club boss Ken Arthurson (inset).

SEA Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has backed Des Hasler to return as head coach and get the club back on track next season.

And if Hasler gets the job, Arthurson would love to see the club find a role for Manly legend Geoff Toovey, whom he says also has a lot to offer.

“I’ve got a very high regard for Des Hasler, I think he’s as good a coach as there is in the game, actually. He would be an excellent appointment,” said Arthurson, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest administrators.

“Arko” said a key attribute Hasler and Toovey shared was that they were Manly men who shed blood for the club.

“As I’ve always said —and I keep repeating it because it’s true — the best success Manly have ever had has been when we have appointed from within,” he said.“The evidence proves it without any doubt.”

That goes back to when Arthurson was coaching Manly and took them to grand finals in 1957 and 1959, when they were beaten by the champion St George teams. Then followed the likes of other old Sea Eagles Ron Willey, Bob Fulton, Hasler and Toovey.

Arthurson said the Sea Eagles were a closely knit club and always had the attitude they were up against the rest of the world, an ethos he used to encourage. “We got that tremendous spirit by which they stuck by each other, irrespective of what happened,” he said. “And any problems we ever had in the club were always dealt with in-house and were never made public.”

Arthurson said Hasler could put a stop to the dramas that had plagued the club throughout 2018. “Apart from being a good coach, Des is nobody’s fool and he would straighten things out — and so would Geoff Toovey,” he said.

Arthurson said he had a high regard for Toovey, who said last week he would be interested in coaching the club again. “Quite frankly, if Des gets the appointment — which it appears is going to happen — I’d love to see some position found for Toovey in the club because he would be an enormous asset,” he said.

“He’s got plenty of administrative ability, too. “
Unfortunately Arko the self absorbed millenials of today's players don't share our views of fierce club loyalty and spilling blood for colours and emblem. They're only interested in their "product" or brand name and will sell it to the highest bidder. Ofcourse they ned to get the most out of their careers but at some point you'd think they'd play for more than just the highest $$ bidder.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18