It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Word from someone close to the Roosters is that Shuster is going there. Probably just wishful thinking. Probably.

Last thing they need is a 5/8th with Keary and Sam Walker coming through.

He’s signed for another few years (although so was AFB) and I know how highly regarded the club hold this kid.

Id be surprised if he went anywhere else.

There seems to be annoyance that Schuster would fly if Foran is brought to the club to play 5/8. If you think he should accept that when he knows he's ready for first grade and has offers of big money which he has rejected to stay at Manly because he saw the 5/8 open for him, then you aren't thinking logically about a young player on the rise. He's not here to be loyal to Manly. He's here to play first grade. Obviously he has made a decision to be patient and stick around and he has, but its Manly and Des who are now seemingly betraying him. If I was in his position, and Manly buy Foran, I would be immediately looking elsewhere...no question. I would be foolish not to, when I know I can make fame and fortune elsewhere and play first grade. That's why he's here. This is not about emotional reactions, its what I keep alluding to. Business. And the game is a business

I was just looking at Tartak's management site. Along with Schuster he has:
Suli, Manase, Haumole, Tevita, and Levi (probably how we got him). He only has 15 players, six of whom are at Manly.
Too many with one agent for one team?
Does it give him more bargaining power than he should have?
Such a murky world.

Now you have just gone and upset me .... as if I didn't have enough to worry about and ponder ..

So ... with absolutely no proof that Schuster has said he wants out if Foran is signed ... you go and call the kid a **** ...

and you wonder why I have very little time for you ... the way you speak about players as flogs etc and abuse them says a hell of a lot more about you than it does their ability ...
WARNED FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Old man i have no time for bigots like you who dont even watch the game. I was joking by the way but you're too slow witted as usual :clap: :clap:@:D

Ps kim jong wood its ok for you to call anyone who doesn't agree with you a numbnut etc right?? Slide on out and make sure you buy a new fan! Dont ever respond to me iv been avoiding you for awhile now but ill ALWAYS call out your bigotry... no wonder people are leaving this site in droves. Attention numbnuts cue the numbnuts slither out and dont let the door hit you on the way out you CANT

Last edited:
Josh is signed till end of 2022 as far as I know. So I don't think he is going anywhere unless we release him, or he has some magical get out clauses in his contract.

WARNED FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Old man i have no time for bigots like you who dont even watch the game. I was joking by the way but you're too slow witted as usual :clap: :clap:@:D

Ps kim jong wood its ok for you to call anyone who doesn't agree with you a numbnut etc right?? Slide on out and make sure you buy a new fan! Dont ever respond to me iv been avoiding you for awhile now but ill ALWAYS call out your bigotry... no wonder people are leaving this site in droves. Attention numbnuts cue the numbnuts slither out and domt let the door hit you on the way out you CANT

I'll back Woodsie's opinion over yours every day.
He also injects some humour into most of his posts, something that you may care to try.

Josh is signed till end of 2022 as far as I know. So I don't think he is going anywhere unless we release him, or he has some magical get out clauses in his contract.
AFB had 2 years remaining on his contract as well but that didn't stop him leaving

NRL contracts are useful only when a player wants to stay at a club because no-one else wants him

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
I agree with all that about contracts being fluid things in the NRL.

Point I was trying to make is that it's not like he is uncontracted for next year and the thought of Foran coming here rules us out of any chance of signing him. He has committed to us for two more years. The club rate the kid, so do you think they would sign Foran without possibly discussing it with Josh ?? Seems unlikely to me. More likely scenario is that the media are speculating and click baiting and some here are getting excited over nothing.

You have it on good authority from Zorba that our current CEO is the best there has ever been. Do you think he'd make a rookie error like signing a former club legend of dubious longevity at the risk of losing the heir apparent club legend ??

Dont stress BF... we were just unlucky in 2020...

• too many injuries
  • refs kept giving 6 agains against us late in the tackle count whilst we got them early in the tackle count
  • THAT forward pass call (we could have come 10th)
  • THAT non-interference call against Knights (we could have come 9th)
  • we had too many injuries
  • COVID - everyone blames Covid
  • Qld - they wouldnt open their borders
  • Trump - pretty sure hes to blame
  • Climate Change - I mean it was a lot hotter this year, so there's that
  • we had too many injuries

...but we have a great coach and a team that plays for each other and never stops trying... our defense looks almost impenetrable at times and our attack is scintillating and dynamic so everything points to a successful 2021!!!

Cheer up BF... in Des we trust... ;)

All that remains, I gather your deleting the sack Des thread by the sound of this :talking:

Do you back his constant bigotry? Probably do, the guy doesn't even watch the games but go ahead back him... funny thing is I dont even know who you are @:D
I've never construed his posts as anything more than a Manly fan with an opinion, just like me.
The only thing you need to know about me is that I've been watching the Mighty Manly play for 60 years. My heart is in the right place.

AFB had 2 years remaining on his contract as well but that didn't stop him leaving

NRL contracts are useful only when a player wants to stay at a club because no-one else wants him
A contract can be held in the NRL I know it doesn't happen a lot but v the club can play hard ball and say your contracted you can go when it's finished , The tithing is most clubs just agree to let a player go as in AFB case but he was on big money no good keeping him if he is unhappy you don't get value , But with Schuster he is on a lot lower it won't effect the cap as much if he stays and is disgruntled it's not good but if a club wants to hold a player to his contract they certainly can and if he wants to walk he can but he won't be able to play NRL

I've never construed his posts as anything more than a Manly fan with an opinion, just like me.
The only thing you need to know about me is that I've been watching the Mighty Manly play for 60 years. My heart is in the right place.
60 years... you lucky bastard ;) you've seen all the greats play for us... bet you've seen some epic games over the years.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4