It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll think about this only if actually happens. Recently, Des said 'no' when asked about Foran coming to Manly. I will take Des's word for this until there is evidence to the contrary.

Re the five eighth scenario, it will be interesting to see if Des experiments with Turbo in this position at the weekend. In the past, I have heard Des say that Turbo, being such a natural footballer, is capable of playing wing, centre or five eighth. This could then be an option if our main five eighths (Schuster, Walker, Cust) are all unavailable at a future time - especially, as it seems we will have two capable replacements, Hoppa & Funa, for Turbo at the back.

If Foran did end up back at Manly, I think he would be most useful as no. 9 till Fainu, hopefully, returns.

Last edited:
I'll think about this only if actually happens. Recently, Des said 'no' when asked about Foran coming to Manly. I will take Des's word for this until there is evidence to the contrary.

Re the five eighth scenario, it will be interesting to see if Des experiments with Turbo in this position at the weekend. In the past, I have heard Des say that Turbo, being such a natural footballer, is capable of playing wing, centre or five eighth. This could then be option if our main five eighths (Schuster, Walker, Cust) are all unavailable at a future time - especially, as it seems we will have two capable replacements, Hoppa & Funa, for Turbo at the back.

If Foran did end up back at Manly, I think he would be most useful as no. 9 till Fainu, hopefully, returns.
That was before AFB was granted his release.

Re the five eighth scenario, it will be interesting to see if Des experiments with Turbo in this position at the weekend. In the past, I have heard Des say that Turbo, being such a natural footballer, is capable of playing wing, centre or five eighth. This could then be an option if our main five eighths (Schuster, Walker, Cust) are all unavailable at a future time - especially, as it seems we will have two capable replacements, Hoppa & Funa, for Turbo at the back.

Actually Foran at #9 is a very good idea. Good thinking.

He can then come off the bench when Fainu starts again.

Sorry but I can't understand this fetish for Foran. Since 2016 he's played on just over half a season once and less than half a season for the past five years through injury, and a couple of times much less.. And he's 30. We're arguing about salary costs and we're wanting a player who even for $400,000 yearly is over the top for the number of games played. We don't want another Brett Stewart, Matai year of money spent for someone on the side lines. if you could keep him on the field, fine, but 5 years of ongoing injuries is like betting on a 100 to 1 risk. If he was a horse they'd send him out to sire or shoot him

Sorry but I can't understand this fetish for Foran. Since 2016 he's played on just over half a season once and less than half a season for the past five years through injury, and a couple of times much less.. And he's 30. We're arguing about salary costs and we're wanting a player who even for $400,000 yearly is over the top for the number of games played. We don't want another Brett Stewart, Matai year of money spent for someone on the side lines. if you could keep him on the field, fine, but 5 years of ongoing injuries is like betting on a 100 to 1 risk. If he was a horse they'd send him out to sire or shoot him
He doesn't stay in the game for 80mins, drifts out too many times. Let's momentum slip away, Dogs have had there chances this year.
He's not the Messiah.

D3B7B9F0-AA40-454A-B23D-F740A958F038.jpeg

Kristy Fulton saying the reports are not true

If manly unearth another superstar next year. IE Shuster how are we going hold off rivals offering him bulk cash. If he is good as we hope others will other up near 800 to a mill. Took us a mill to keep the bloke with manly in his blood turbo. We going be screwed if shoe is as good.

At very least it seems strange that a story like this just pops up on several TV stations at the same time.
Not strange all his doing his job warning Manly you sign Foran my guy is out. Now we won't release him if it comes to that but you can bet he will not sign a new contract.

Well done to the manager hopefully it get's through to the clowns in charge of our club.

Last time we signed him we played in 2 GFs for 1 win and years of semi finals.

If only Foran played anywhere near as well as DCE did in the 2013 finals series. If he had done then we would have won the comp that year even with the dodgy refereeing.

Foran has not been anywhere near as great as what he had been for a long while now and I can’t see him getting close to what he was physically capable of before with his body very much in decline.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2