is the end of era?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NO....This is the start of a new era & there are exciting times ahead.
Have unearthed some super players, turned unwanted players into quality top graders & the halves who promised to dominate the NRL, now are.
Led by Jake Trobovic who will be our foward leader before long & Sao, the areas of concern will become 1 of the best in the NRL within 2 years.
Add Chee Kam if he can break his injury concerns & get a full season under his belt as that explosive backrower who will challenge the edges in attack.
Plenty to look foward too but gee the off season drags on....at least a few world cup games but footy is just not the same unless the Seaeagles are playing.

The era thing is always going to be tricky, with the core group we have that have been around through this period. Kitey and george going is partly about starting to break up the transition.

But there's still a bunch of 30'ish key players who will likely be done or past it at about the same time (in about 2-3 years). Some great players in that bunch and so even if you can stagger their departures they still leave a big quality gap.

eg. the broncos under bennett always tended to move senior stalwarts on a bit prematurely in ones and twos which kind of worked for a while, till they basically couldn't replace the loss of quality adequately -- particularly post-webcke and petero they lost their forward mojo and have never really recovered it.

on the upside if we can keep the young halves together, they plus the ironman ballin can maintain some spinal stability for some years to come.

The proven Manly winning culture will ensure us there will be no end to success !!!

Probably see another 2 from the 2008 GF team list go next season.
Remeber a lot of those guys have massive back ended deals.

It'll free up some space to a) top up the halves contracts, b)bring in some flesh blood into the team - still think we'll sign a marque player at the end of next season or 2015.

Looking at the youth coming through the ranks and having the best halves in the game make me extremely confident we'll be competitive for years to come.
I have no doubt we will be Top 4 again next year, there's something about winning and being competitive that runs through Manly's veins.

Manly have a habit of signing Parramatta Eels rejects & making them into internationals within two seasons in recent time. Well thanks to Ricky Stuart there are lots of Eels rejects to choose from for next year.
Remember we have Jason King & Richard Fa'aoso.

bones said:
Manly V Souths Grand Final in 2014.

I reckon youre right.
I have no doubt Manly will be there. I also think the NRL, officials and media will be mighty peeved that their big campaign to get Souths into the GF this year didnt eventuate. We should brace ourselves for even more of 'Souths '14' next year.

On the otherhand, a lot of it depends on how our referees feel about things. They will get the biggest say on who should and should not be the contenders next year...the wankers

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3.J.Lyon
4.S.Matai
5.D.Williams or Peta Hiku
6.Kieran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.J.King
9.M.Ballin
10.T.Symonds
11.Anthony Watmough
12.J.Horo
13.G.Stewart

14.J.Buhrer
15. R.Fa'aoso
16.B.Lawrance
17. B.Farrar

Jatz Crackers said:
Good thing you have B Farrar there to sub for TRed when he is needs to come off.

Well said Jatz, may I say a Cracker!

The thread title needs a "this".

And nope, I don't think this is an end to an era.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6