Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Brooks goes very well in our full side , DCE on one side , Tommy up the middle and Brooks on the other.

The expectation that he was going to be our saviour tonight , with that team , is unrealistic.

You can knock him until the cows come home , but at least look at what he’s done to date with our full side and not cherry pick one game with about 65% of our salary cap sitting on the sideline.
We all go very well when things are going well
Our Test of how Great we all are is just how Great we are under Adversity
Not knocking any one as we are all in the same boat in all walks of life
1719060176123.png

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's not like he's a new kid on the block. Brooks has never taken control of a football game without having an experienced or dominant half beside him. Seibold as the head coach should've known this, so I put the majority of the blame on him.
Jake Arthur would have been perfect , it’s pretty clear they don’t think Jamie H is up to the challenge.

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
Jake Arthur would have been perfect , it’s pretty clear they don’t think Jamie H is up to the challenge.
Agree Mark, but Jamie is a half and he's available. That should've been enough for Seibold to pick him. Instead he went with Lawton, then Talau, then no one at other times. That's too much pressure on Brooks to captain the side, run the side and do all the kicking. Thing is, and none of us are NRL coaches, could see that except Seibold himself.

germaneagle

Reserve Grader
He replaced JS so he does not have to do much to make us better at least he can tackle. Being second-string to DCE is not easy, he has been at a club that loses every week he tried tonight but struggled to change his kicking game just like DCE last year.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Brooks goes very well in our full side , DCE on one side , Tommy up the middle and Brooks on the other.

The expectation that he was going to be our saviour tonight , with that team , is unrealistic.

You can knock him until the cows come home , but at least look at what he’s done to date with our full side and not cherry pick one game with about 65% of our salary cap sitting on the sideline.

Well despite 65% of our cap on the side line and a heap of individual mistakes and a heavily lopsided penalty and 6-again count and with a bunch of newbies, I thought we had more than enough opportunities to win that game. So not disappointed with the teams overall effort. What I was seriously disappointed with last night was the total lack of football smarts and IQ from our highly experienced halfback. No creativity, no variation and no clues. If in doubt just watch our final kick off to Souths. Unfortunately Luke does not have the football smarts to takeover from Cherry and run the team. He is not the man and the Club needs to look elsewhere.....quickly.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well despite 65% of our cap on the side line and a heap of individual mistakes and a heavily lopsided penalty and 6-again count and with a bunch of newbies, I thought we had more than enough opportunities to win that game. So not disappointed with the teams overall effort. What I was seriously disappointed with last night was the total lack of football smarts and IQ from our highly experienced halfback. No creativity, no variation and no clues. If in doubt just watch our final kick off to Souths. Unfortunately Luke does not have the football smarts to takeover from Cherry and run the team. He is not the man and the Club needs to look elsewhere.....quickly.
I never thought he was to be honest , I think he fits well as 5/8 with DCE but it was clear from his days with the Tigers that he’s no superstar half.

But I say again , he’s gone well this year in a strong team.

double hoops

First Grader
Great summary. I never expected that game to be so informative. It's not the result, it's not the score line, it's the complete lack of any football IQ and inability to adapt, to the complete obvious and basics in that game, which beggars belief.

Is it Brookes or Seibold to blame. In the wash up, both should receive flagellation after that one.

If that game was a free throw at the stumps. Why the hell was Brookes running to the boundary with the ball and throwing the ball at the picket fence, before yelling how's that?

And why did he still not know what stumps were after the half time break.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18