Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Wariuh

The thread title speaks for itself, just wanting to see what brooks could bring to the team and if we think we can be a competing top 8 or even 4 side.

Thanks all!

The thread title speaks for itself, just wanting to see what brooks could bring to the team and if we think we can be a competing top 8 or even 4 side.

Thanks all!
We sure will, with a spine of Turbo, Brooks, DCE and Croker and the talents of a ball playing backrower in Schuster, plus, close to a full strength side come the Las Vegas game, barring Lodge of course, who's looking like an April return. A top 4 spot isn't out of the question.

Brooksy will certainly be an interesting follow next season.

Since Teddy, Moses and Woods left the Tigers he has had the weight of the club on his shoulders to no help of his own career.

Next season he can just play as DCE, Turbo and Jake carry that load.

Could be a real ace in the deck.

Or a decade of being beaten down may have broken him.

Brooks is a good signing , but Tommy will still have more impact on how we go.

Hopefully we may change up our style somewhat, to stop relying on tom as much as we do

when tom runs the side the forward pack and hooker seem adequate, well historical results indicate that anyway

I like Brooks and think he's a good player, but I don't believe that any one player can be the answer for a team like ours that's made up mostly of questions. How many games will Tommy play? How many games will Paseka play? If we don't get a proper hooker, will we at least get Croker some help? Will we be carrying Matt Lodge on the roster? If not, will we get another decent prop? If Schuster is not a five-eight, what is he?

We do not have a premiership roster. We are not in a premiership window. We need massive changes in ability and attitude if we're going to compete with the better teams. And Brooks, for all his talent, looks to me like just another step in the ongoing Tigersification of our club.

I like Brooks and think he's a good player, but I don't believe that any one player can be the answer for a team like ours that's made up mostly of questions. How many games will Tommy play? How many games will Paseka play? If we don't get a proper hooker, will we at least get Croker some help? Will we be carrying Matt Lodge on the roster? If not, will we get another decent prop? If Schuster is not a five-eight, what is he?

We do not have a premiership roster. We are not in a premiership window. We need massive changes in ability and attitude if we're going to compete with the better teams. And Brooks, for all his talent, looks to me like just another step in the ongoing Tigersification of our club.
Look at clubs like the Tigers and the Dogs over the Years
After Many Many Wrong Personnel changes and Many Many Uncompetitive years
Manly are more like the them than Clubs like the Panthers and the Storm
The moral of the story ..,
An Organisations greatest asset is the Great people that it acquires

Good post. We have seemed a collection of players rather than a team. i dont mean unity but so many good players dont seem to cement positions. Jake, shoe, croker . Ones a cheapie, the other 2 are anything but

then we sign arthur , schuster and brooks to cloud the issue somewhat

I anticipate that Brooks will play on the left side of our play. He will certainly compliment what DCE does and his kicking game will take the pressure off and he is not afraid to take the line on.

It does not matter how good a half is unless we get a pack that makes metres and controls the ruck. We need a 2nd hooker on the bench who can give us thrust from dummy half especially!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8