Is Jaxson Paulo a starter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On a positive note, there was at least one other player on the field with a more ridiculous first name than Jaxson: Blaize Talagi.

I’m happy to declare him the official silvertails whipping boy for the 2024 season. The guy is average in every aspect of the game. What were we thinking signing him for 3 years. 🫣
Yeah, the red flag was out on Paulo in the Chooks semi f last season. Hardly sighted all game very underwhelming.

Meh, Harper played his usual game... Score a try, let in 3.... Pretty much what he dished up to us for the last 4 seasons....
Not nice having 2 ex players score against us, Tuligi was really pumped scoring his try. No doubt we'll return the compliment and with interest in 6 wks time.

Is it a coincidence that out right wingers have on numerous times been caught our racing in because we were short on numbers.? Or has it got do with poor reads from inside defenders?
I think it's a bit of both really. I still think Garrick and Paulo are trying to work each other out - which is ridiculous given we're 3 games into the season. I'd still leave Garrick at centre. I think he's got a lot to offer there. But Paulo isn't up to it at the moment. Don't know if Talua can play on that side, but he was MUCH better last week before coming off injured. Apart from his defensive deficiencies, Paulo doe snot run the ball anywhere near hard enough. He walks into the line and that inevitably gets our sets off to a terrible start.

Is it a coincidence that out right wingers have on numerous times been caught our racing in because we were short on numbers.? Or has it got do with poor reads from inside defenders?
All of the above TE, right now everything's on the table, even putting Parker or Talau at centre. Having speed and experience again on at least one wing spot until Saab comes back is better than what we have at the moment.

Jury out on Paulo however the issue of wingers flying in off their wing is not new. Tuipolotu did it regularly for the last 2 years. Either it is the coaching or an individual choice. Either way I never really saw Tui sanctioned for it.

Hot tip.... don't be suprised if Young Hoppa is playing first grade before seasons end.. either on the wing or at centre
He's killing it at centre in NSW cup.. and he can defend..
Your old enough if your good enough and he looks good.
They obviously think highly of him, taking him to Vegas. Looks a bit light at the moment.

Hot tip.... don't be suprised if Young Hoppa is playing first grade before seasons end.. either on the wing or at centre
He's killing it at centre in NSW cup.. and he can defend..
Your old enough if your good enough and he looks good.
That could be a good omen. The last time we had a rookie Hopoate in the team was 2011!

Think that it going to be either Paulo or Talau when Saab finally returns so maybe better get used to it
Bit of a toss up between Talau and Paulo right now it would seem .

Think that it going to be either Paulo or Talau when Saab finally returns so maybe better get used to it
Bit of a toss up between Talau and Paulo right now it would seem .
Actually meant to include Faulalo also [ or at some stage ] in that latter paragraph
Get a bit confused with so many Islander names in the ranks sometimes

Paulo just looks like he plays in third or fourth gear. Just no intent or urgency in the way he runs, tackles and just overall plays the game. Seems like he's got a good step on him and maybe some pace, but that's nowhere near enough if we want to be a serious threat to the competition, carring a lazy winger. He seems like a good bloke but we need to be serious, Seibold surely sees what we can see from Paulo.

Talau is the man. Strong club debut, solid base foundation as a winger to work on and improve with week to week footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8