Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
He's picking up a niggling injury in a different body part each week. I've mentioned in other posts that our priorty should be to avoid the spoon. Forget talk of Premiership and making the 8, that is a foregone conclusion.
I am not a fan of winning the spoon but.....

Look at what it did for the broncs. Thanks to Channel 9 I watched way too many of their games in that season and saw players like Staggs, Fairnworth, Haas, Carrigan develop thanks to game time

I think there is enough class in this team to avoid the spoon but for once I would love the club to take a long term approach

Is it time to move away from Turbo?

Absolutely Not. In reality his two brothers would leave as well.

The most important thing is who do we have that is better or could be better?
It ain't Weekes or Koula.
Any up and coming fullback in the juniors?
We certainly are not going to turn into the Dogs or Roosters and buy a fullback from another club.

Tom is 26. I believe he needs a 2nd/3rd opinion re his hammys and running style. The bearded guy from Melb 3 years ago did a superb job in getting Tom to peak fitness for the 2021 season. Tom, have a chat to that guy again.

Tom just needs confidence and hopefully it will come sooner than later.

Fascinating fans are.

Bemoaning a lack of loyalty and scream blue murder if a player leaves to another club. However if a star player coming back from injury has a run of 10 games where, not that he is playing poorly, but where he isnt at his peak then the answer is turf him, move him on.

Lets get behind the guy.

God I'm getting flashbacks to a few seasons back where fans wanted to turk him for Matt Dufty.....madness

Fascinating fans are.

Bemoaning a lack of loyalty and scream blue murder if a player leaves to another club. However if a star player coming back from injury has a run of 10 games where, not that he is playing poorly, but where he isnt at his peak then the answer is turf him, move him on.

Lets get behind the guy.

God I'm getting flashbacks to a few seasons back where fans wanted to turk him for Matt Dufty.....madness
I'm still a Tom supporter but I do think hes playing poorly at the moment. But then, he has a few team mates in the same boat.

Fascinating fans are.

Lets get behind the guy.

Who isn't behind him. Facts are facts. There is no question over his talent, but more over his longevity. Two entirely different things.

Tom may not be at his piniccale best at the moment

But Last night Tom made more running metres than any of our players and set up our only try

There are other blokes I would move on than Tom

At the end of the day what ever choices we make in life is because of the matter of faith that we have in those choices

I choose to stick by with the Superstar Tom because I have faith that Tom will overcome his setbacks

The moral of the story ...
Have Faith
They shall soar on wings like Eagles
Isaiah 40:21-31

Tom Trbojevic ‘TURBO’ Manly Sea Eagles Mini Wings UNFRAMED – Wicked ...

I know they are different injuries but I compare the journey of papenhauzen Vs Tom at present.... one is sitting out games until he is right/redeveloping his body with an unknown return date, whilst he other seems to be trying to play through his recovery/transition period....
So we would complain if he was missing but also complain that he's not playing at 100%

I know they are different injuries but I compare the journey of papenhauzen Vs Tom at present.... one is sitting out games until he is right/redeveloping his body with an unknown return date, whilst he other seems to be trying to play through his recovery/transition period....
So we would complain if he was missing but also complain that he's not playing at 100%
2 completely different injuries. You cannot compare them at all. By rights tom should be raring to go.
And if you say for him to sit out then he should take a pay cut (he should take one regardless, but won’t)

2 completely different injuries. You cannot compare them at all.
Not comparing injuries, comparing expectations.... would you prefer Tom to sit out the first 10 weeks + of the season until he masters his new running style/ gains confidence? Everyone would be complaining he is out injured would they not?

But Last night Tom made more running metres than any of our players and set up our only try

Just to clarify, based on NRL.com stats

1. Saab 194m
2. Garrick 194m
3. Koula 165m
4. Turbo 149m

And all three of those players had greater post contact meters than Tom.

Just to clarify, based on NRL.com stats

1. Saab 194m
2. Garrick 194m
3. Koula 165m
4. Turbo 149m

And all three of those players had greater post contact meters than Tom.
Thanks for the clarification as I must have read the post game article wrong

I did watch the game though and Tom was always heavily marked

Tom made top 4 in running metres and set up our only try . No one else came close

The point I was making that it is not time to move Tom on
I have faith that he will get fitter and better

Tom is actually the least of our problems. Even playing rusty like he is at the moment. He is still a phenomenal footballer.

For a start The fact we have had no out and out hooker since 2019, the issues since 2016 where the club has never found a permanent 5/8 to partner DCE, Buying tigers forwards like Aloai and Kelma Tuilagi.

Unequivocally. No. People need to wake up and stop dreaming. He’s been given so much time and space to overcome the adversity and it continues to fail. At some stage the club needs to make decisions for the club. This ain’t working and has screwed up our last god-knows how many seasons, and stopped us building any momentum and combos season over season. I don’t think people realise just how debilitating his injury run has been. It’s not just an individual season thing. It’s over years

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6