Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
I’ve blown up at Tommy this season but I actually thought there were moments tonight where he’s looked better than other games. The first half was abhorrent in terms of ball handling but I thought we were the better side in the second. We are just clunky as f$&@ in the spine. Tonight when we needed points the combos in the spine are just rusty and can’t get the seed over the line.

He rightly should refuse to play SOO this year (assuming he's selected) on two fronts 1) to focus on getting healthy and playing well for Manly 2)His form doesn't warrant selection.
I think he's too greedy to make that kind of call. We can all watch him get snapped in half playing against QLD and then cop him being unavailable for Manly for the rest of the season.

He rightly should refuse to play SOO this year (assuming he's selected) on two fronts 1) to focus on getting healthy and playing well for Manly 2)His form doesn't warrant selection.
I think he's too greedy to make that kind of call. We can all watch him get snapped in half playing against QLD and then cop him being unavailable for Manly for the rest of the season.

Unless he turns around his form. I can’t see him playing origin. But then again fitler is clueless.

The scary thing is he says he is fit and feeling good while acknowledging that people are saying he doesn’t look fit/happy/mentally there.

There is something going on, he doesn’t look fit, has no presence, doesn’t look happy and has none of the effort plays in him in attack and defense that we had all become used too.

Seibold saying he is fine is just horse **** too. If that’s the performances you expect and accept from our best player. There is no point to him being the coach

Didn't see first half so only commenting on second.

Saw glimpses of good from Turbo.

But if I could use one word to describe his game I would say.....rusty.

That defensive effort against Cobbo’s try was telling. He is so far from his past best it isn’t funny. Mentally defeated. Can he overcome it? I have no idea… but we have two overpaid potential megastars whom are both mentally off the pace.

That defensive effort against Cobbo’s try was telling. He is so far from his past best it isn’t funny. Mentally defeated. Can he overcome it? I have no idea… but we have two overpaid potential megastars whom are both mentally off the pace.
You summed it up perfectly,you have no idea

You summed it up perfectly,you have no idea
That’s right… as I said and you acknowledged, I have no idea if he can overcome his current challenges. So, how would you interpret that defensive effort! How would you explain what is going on with Schu and Turbo this season?

No chance for a couple of reasons

1. I think the whole process will take a heap longer than what we thought
2. The upside of it is massive and worth the wait
3. He is a devalued asset in his current form. What club would pay for his contract? We would still carry a large percentage of his wage on our books which would mean any rebuild is next to impossible

I wrote it in one of the other turbo threads that the idea of learning a new running style, especially with someone as intelligent as him, is clearly taking some time.

No chance for a couple of reasons

1. I think the whole process will take a heap longer than what we thought
2. The upside of it is massive and worth the wait
3. He is a devalued asset in his current form. What club would pay for his contract? We would still carry a large percentage of his wage on our books which would mean any rebuild is next to impossible

I wrote it in one of the other turbo threads that the idea of learning a new running style, especially with someone as intelligent as him, is clearly taking some time.
He's clearly not 100%. He really should sit out until he is.

He's clearly not 100%. He really should sit out until he is.
Depends on what the nature of the injury / body is

Did you honestly think we were a premiership chance this year? I did not as I saw a team full of kids, lack of a 9 and a developing halves combo.

As long as there is no chance of further injury the potential long term benefits of him getting more confidence etc will help us in the long run

Depends on what the nature of the injury / body is

Did you honestly think we were a premiership chance this year? I did not as I saw a team full of kids, lack of a 9 and a developing halves combo.

As long as there is no chance of further injury the potential long term benefits of him getting more confidence etc will help us in the long run
He's picking up a niggling injury in a different body part each week. I've mentioned in other posts that our priorty should be to avoid the spoon. Forget talk of Premiership and making the 8, that is a foregone conclusion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8