Is gallop doing a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bazeagle said:
SMH Herald Headline today:
"NRL to reap $1.2 billion from TV rights deal".

Oh damn, I clean forgot the name of the current NRL CEO who is managing this negotiation. Silly old me.

Oh that's right.....it's: DAVID GALLOP.

Independant Commission.

All i can say is any game where a team like the Broncos can have god knows how many Friday night games in a row is badly managed. Gallop needs to tell Channel 9 that they will televise the games the NRL wants them to televise!!!

This is only 1 of the many things Gallop has done wrong. The IC has done more to improve our game in the short time they have been here then Gallop has in years, Gallop was always willing to leave things as they were even though it was obvious thing had to change for the better.

bazeagle said:
SMH Herald Headline today:
"NRL to reap $1.2 billion from TV rights deal".

Oh damn, I clean forgot the name of the current NRL CEO who is managing this negotiation. Silly old me.

Oh that's right.....it's: DAVID GALLOP.

The kind of deal this plank should have got last time.
For that reason alone, Gallop and News Ltd have held the game back years.
Not to mention his inconsistency with NRL punishments and dealings with certain clubs.

Make that inconsistency and knee-jerk reactions with NRL punishments. Which continues with the Lui case.

Plus all the things everyone else mentioned above, favoured treatment for some clubs (that happen to be owned by his ex-boss), the previous media rights deal debacle, ignoring professional advice not to make individuals the face of the game, etc.

If he is about to secure a deal as described, then I can only assume a) the game is really worth way more than he's getting, or b)the IC is now looking over his shoulder.

Baz, can you please offer a logical point by point retort to the posters that have directly asked it of you.

Airy fairy responses that the game is doing well don't cut it. It was always doing well and should in all reality be doing better.

If you can't state your case in a logical and direct manner then you have no case and are just taking up a contrary position to entertain yourself.

I dont like your chances Duff.

Example of how stupid Baz' position is here.

After claiming gallop is a wonderful CEO, he goes on to ignore every request to expain why. Baz ignores the fact that gallop was responsible for delivering to his previous bosess at News Ltd a TV deal that could only be decribed as corruptly low and it is that current deal that has held the game back for the last 6 years.

Baz ignores all other points mader by every other poster about gallops failings to exclaim that everyone else is wrong and he is right. No supportive facts or points made by baz mind you.

Then in final support of gallop baz claims gallop should be congratulated for the future TV deal. But baz has NFI on this topic, because the negotiations for the current media rights deal were prevented from being commenced by gallop until the formation of the IC so that they could be in charge of them. I think we all (except baz) know why.

Baz will now respond without facts or common sense or a rebuttle of any sort. He will simply post some off topic dribble to distract from the debate in a vain attempt to gloss over his ridiculous position.

I have officially given up on baz. If anyone else wants to take over to establish what reasons (if any, lol) he has for his unwavering manlove for gallop, please be my guest.

Good luck Duff and god speed.

Jatz Crackers said:
... He will simply post some off topic dribble to distract from the debate in a vain attempt to gloss over his ridiculous position.
Well in fairness to Bazeagle, this is the Silvertails rugby league forum, after all.

He's hardly Robinson Crusoe in that regard.

Seems that Gallop has been drip feeding Searle for a number of seasons. Why? would be the question.

It's fundamentally clear to me that Jatz Crackers is a control freak of massive proportions and cannot cope with differing opinions or robust debate.
It could be something, Jatz, that you should seek some assistance for before it seriously affects your health.

bazeagle said:
It's fundamentally clear to me that Jatz Crackers is a control freak of massive proportions and cannot cope with differing opinions or robust debate.
It could be something, Jatz, that you should seek some assistance for before it seriously affects your health.

Robust debate?

Can you please start robustly debating then.

I'm really interested to read a clear explanation of your point of view but i'm yet to see anything to provoke thought.

If I'm wrong, can you tell me exactly how and why. I hate being wrong so if you can assist me with correcting my view on this matter i'd appreciate it. As your posts stand, i can take no other view than to see myself as correct.

bazeagle said:
Jatz, Mata, SER8, Rex = whatever to the lot of you. I disagree with your constant whinging about the bloke. Like I said he doesn't claim to get everything right. Jatz watch what you post re sexual relationship - what goes on inside your head? Why does my support for Gallop have to suggest that I may be homosexual? And what if I am? Back to the point and read this slowly so you all get it: do you all take a moment to wonder why there are irregularities in judiciary decisions? Take a look at the EPL, same there. I'll tell you why. It keeps fans arguing and interested. Same reason FIFA won't introduce video refs even for goal line decisions. Fans love a good argument and that's what we are doing here. If the game was adjudicated to within an inch of it's life we would soon lose interest. Exactly what they want. Now, get it?

I'll file this away in the drawer for the most bizarre of conspiracy theories.

Jatz - you seem to be ganging up on me again. Mata can defend himself, if required.
The really good thing with this thread is it's nearly up to 100.

It astounds me that many here cannot simply see or apply the colossally simple logic that I have been writing in multiple threads.
Here it is again, gents:
The game is going great. It's watched my millions and the next round of TV rights will reap a major windfall in cold hard cash.
And I say the current CEO is the dude who has been at the helm to steer the ship towards this great level of success. And as I have said not everything he has done is right, he admits that as well. If you guys need a simple analogy look at the A League. It's been really poorly planned, manifestly appallingly managed at all levels and it's collapsing. And who is the CEO? Is it Lowy? I don't even know. That's how a badly managed sports organisation looks and where it ends up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4