Is gallop doing a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
weev said:
Of course it did. Let's just for hypothetical sake, assume he was guilty.

weev said:
You are assuming that BS is the innocent victim. I am not making any assumptions.

Surely it would have been much easier to retract your "all's well that ends well" comment than to keep digging a hole for yourself...

Jatz Crackers said:
bazeagle said:
Jatz, Mata, SER8, Rex = whatever to the lot of you. I disagree with your constant whinging about the bloke. Like I said he doesn't claim to get everything right. Jatz watch what you post re sexual relationship - what goes on inside your head? Why does my support for Gallop have to suggest that I may be homosexual? And what if I am? Back to the point and read this slowly so you all get it: do you all take a moment to wonder why there are irregularities in judiciary decisions? Take a look at the EPL, same there. I'll tell you why. It keeps fans arguing and interested. Same reason FIFA won't introduce video refs even for goal line decisions. Fans love a good argument and that's what we are doing here. If the game was adjudicated to within an inch of it's life we would soon lose interest. Exactly what they want. Now, get it?

Sooooooooo, Gallop has a cunning plan to allow some, but not all, controversial refereeing decisions so as to keep the fans in a constant banter of entertainment ? And that must be why the game is going from strength to strength and why he is doing such a great job ? And in his spare time he influences the EPL & FIFA ?

OK, I get it now. :laugh:

Your a complete twit Baz.
You make too many loose connections to bother with Jatz. I know I get up your nose with my posts but I couldn't give a toss. Just relax on Gallop. It's all a bit tedious. It smacks of workers disliking the boss just because he's the boss. Gotta be a bit bigger that that. Also, bud try to quit calling me personal names. Just debate the point.

Matabele said:
bazeagle said:
Get over it you bunch of full tools. Gallop is doing a GREAT job. The game is exciting, crowds are up, tv audiences are through the roof. He has never claimed to get everything right. I've met and spoken to him, he's a top guy, he cares for the game very much and is a brilliant administrator working in a minefield of old grudges and associated old school bull****. I wish everyone on this forum would crap off and leave the dude alone and acknowledge his achievements.

Nice to hear your thoughts Mrs Gallop.

Rebecca Wilson more like it.

Gallop has had so many failures it is difficult to remember them all. His despicable treatment of us in 2009, renewing the titans licence last year when clearly they were in serious financial trouble, lack of proper salary cap concessions for long serving players, failure to obtain true value for the TV rights deal last time, many clubs are broke because they lack proper funding and assistance from the NRL, failure fo the NRl to detect the dogs and storm salary cap rorting (only discovered because of whitleblowers in each club) etc etc etc

The game prospers because of the clubs and players not because of Gallop. He gets paid $700k to be a nice bloke instead of being competant.

bazeagle said:
You make too many loose connections to bother with Jatz. I know I get up your nose with my posts but I couldn't give a toss. Just relax on Gallop. It's all a bit tedious. It smacks of workers disliking the boss just because he's the boss. Gotta be a bit bigger that that. Also, bud try to quit calling me personal names. Just debate the point.

You did this last time this topic was debated. You screamed support of Gallop without any supporting points and when others offered a debate you went off on an incoherant tagent to distract from what so far is a baseless view overwhelmingly in the minority.

So you can debate the point by offering facts in support or remain in fairy land. Your choice. We are all breathlessly waiting to hear them :tumbleweed:.

I just blew my nose by the way. Tossed it in the bin before I was sure if you were there or not.

No tangents Jatz. And there will be no apologies from me on what I post. I couldn't give a stuff what you Jatz or other's think on this.
I choose not to get drawn into the boring meaningless and endless ranting here about Gallop.
I'll say it again:
He's a good man.
He's grown the game in a difficult political grudge laden environment (as shown by the vitriol posted here).
The game has never been stronger under his leadership.
TV audiences are through the roof.
And finally - when he goes which he will at some stage - will you all like the new bloke?
I don't even need to answer that, do I.
Time for some maturity on this issue, time for old stupid grudges to be let go, time to wake up and look at how amazing rugby league is in this part of the world. All under Gallop's leadership.

Baz is right gallop is a good CEO
Compared to Ben Buckley at FFA

But he is an amueter compared to the CEOs of the Afl and Aru.

Cambo said:
Baz is right gallop is a good CEO
Compared to Ben Buckley at FFA

Technically speaking though, Buckley is an employee of the AFL.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can't argue with that.
Because (no offence) it is muddled gobbledygook.
bazeagle said:
JUst read it again really slowly SER8, then you'll be right.
I was already right.

And I'll concede as a CEO Gallop is better than Tony Zappia, but that's about it.

Lets see if there is any substance to your position Baz.

bazeagle said:
He's a good man.
Youve been asked this before. According to you, why is he a good man ? Because you met him ?

bazeagle said:
He's grown the game in a difficult political grudge laden environment (as shown by the vitriol posted here).
What makes you say he has grown the game and why is it you attribute that to him rather than organic growth.

bazeagle said:
The game has never been stronger under his leadership.
a) What leadership has Gallop displayed in the past ?
b) what plan does he have for the sport of Rugby League in the future ?

bazeagle said:
TV audiences are through the roof.
Why do you attribute this to Gallop ?

bazeagle said:
And finally - when he goes which he will at some stage - will you all like the new bloke? I don't even need to answer that, do I.
Congratulations. Youve finally answered something...........sort of lol !!!!!!!!!

bazeagle said:
Time for some maturity on this issue, time for old stupid grudges to be let go, time to wake up and look at how amazing rugby league is in this part of the world. All under Gallop's leadership.
a) So you attribute the current popularity of this sport to Gallop do you ?
b) What specifically has he done as a CEO to bring more success to RL during his term as CEO ?

Dont go sidetracking or deflecting or distracting or ignoring the questions here Baz.

Now just so you know im not picking on you. I agree with SER8 that aspects of gallop as a CEO are better than zappia.

Hey Jatz.
You just don't get it at all do you.
Let it go bud.
Let the stupid old school grudges go.
As in....let them.......go.
Here's the last thing on this:
The game is in great shape and is a wonderful spectacle and is a massive success. (organic? - Huh?)
And end of story forever, is that all this has taken place while Gallop is in the top job.
If you need further clarification look at league in France = average. Super League in the UK = average. We are ****ting all over that stupid game Union here too and I love that. Go Gallop. A legendary leader.

Gallop has done a tremendous job of doing the following

Underselling the TV rights
Being marvellously inconsistent
Persecuting fans and suggesting they are terrorists
Being a foul,little dumb merkin and a news limited
Muppet (Rupert is the one with his hand up the rear)

Good to see the forum heavies Mata and Jatz expressing themselves so forcefully and consistently here. I suggest there's a hint of cyber bullying here. "Lurking"? Nice one. "No substance?" Another nice one.
Some serious growing up is required gents. As in don't believe everything you read in the mainstream media. I suggest taking a step back, which is actually the substance you're so keen to see Jatz from me, and realise we are lucky to be fans of such a great game. It's a great game for many reasons and yes not everything is 100% right about the game either but read this slowly: the game is great, like any successful company largely due to the boss. In the NRL's case, Gallop is that boss. Much of what this guy does is not in the media. So lay off the ganging up on me boys. I express an opinion here with the best of intentions. And as I said and Jatz you can bookmark this: when Gallop goes I give it 6 - 12 months before everyone here starts banging on about what a log the new CEO is. Small thinking.

Cambo said:

That has been my biggest question mark over Gallop, more so in regards to AFL. Pre super league ARL was the dominate sport in Australia however over the years we have seen the emergence of AFL as being the dominate sport in every state of Australia

You can get AFL at prime time in any state yet you go to any of the AFL capital cities and your hard pressed to get a live game let alone a replay at 6 or 7pm.

Gallop personally I think has lost touch with the people that support rugby league and what we want, unfortunately he has to pander to Murdoch and his news limited cronies.

The only way I can see the game move forwarded is that Gallop walks away totally and news Ltd have nothing to do with the game other than report on matches.

Average bull said:

PS .. I was in hospital in Darwin a few years ago when a young kid asked if I was a cool DUDE , I said yeah man , he said a DUDE was a camels penis...hope he was wrong..

So we are all right then Gallop is a Dude

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Average bull said:

PS .. I was in hospital in Darwin a few years ago when a young kid asked if I was a cool DUDE , I said yeah man , he said a DUDE was a camels penis...hope he was wrong..

So we are all right then Gallop is a Dude

Pretty unsavoury comment about camels berk's

bazeagle said:
Good to see the forum heavies Mata and Jatz expressing themselves so forcefully and consistently here. I suggest there's a hint of cyber bullying here. "Lurking"? Nice one. "No substance?" Another nice one.
Some serious growing up is required gents. As in don't believe everything you read in the mainstream media. I suggest taking a step back, which is actually the substance you're so keen to see Jatz from me, and realise we are lucky to be fans of such a great game. It's a great game for many reasons and yes not everything is 100% right about the game either but read this slowly: the game is great, like any successful company largely due to the boss. In the NRL's case, Gallop is that boss. Much of what this guy does is not in the media. So lay off the ganging up on me boys. I express an opinion here with the best of intentions. And as I said and Jatz you can bookmark this: when Gallop goes I give it 6 - 12 months before everyone here starts banging on about what a log the new CEO is. Small thinking.

Deja vu on this topic. As expected.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7