Is gallop doing a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It didn't end well Weev under any circumstances. Brett would be out of pocket about half a mill on lawyers/barristers fees defending a trumped up charge. In standing Brett down for four weeks he kicked the can along the road, rather than step back and wait for it all to play out. Contrast this with the succor he gave to Carney, a twice convicted drunk driver. Gallop also fined the club 100K for something that was entirely disproved in court, namely that the club launch brought the game into disrepute with Choc being under the influence. The guy is a small time in-house lawyer who is living proof of the 'Peter Principle'*.
*A person who is raised to the level of their incompetence.

DSM5 said:
It didn't end well Weev under any circumstances.

Of course it did. Let's just for hypothetical sake, assume he was guilty.

Well - great result - not in jail. Sure he may be a few hundred k out of pocket but he's now negotiating for a big contract rather than in the shower block taking another soapy pounding from a (most likely) bulldogs supporter.

weev said:
DSM5 said:

Well - great result - not in jail. Sure he may be a few hundred k out of pocket but he's now negotiating for a big contract rather than in the shower block taking another soapy pounding from a (most likely) bulldogs supporter.

Sorry weev but you have lost the plot on this. Brett was clearly innocent, so it is in poor taste and not productive to make those kinds of hypothetical assumptions.

In fact the whole problem was that Gallop made that exact same hypothetical assumption and acted accordingly when the news originally broke.

MadMarcus said:
weev said:
DSM5 said:

Sorry weev but you have lost the plot on this. Brett was clearly innocent, so it is in poor taste and not productive to make those kinds of hypothetical assumptions.

In fact the whole problem was that Gallop made that exact same hypothetical assumption and acted accordingly when the news originally broke.
Hi there.

Your right, it might have been a Parra supporter. Just kidding.

Gallop made his decisions based on public perception rather than court judgment, which took many months to come. I hope he sees his own error of judgement though I don't think he was 'convicting' him for a moment, just the image of the game (knee-jerk sensitive to treatment of woman thanks to a tv personality) was at stake.

You are assuming that BS is the innocent victim. I am not making any assumptions. The fact is, if you go before a court for a crime you might get a verdict of innocent or guilty, regardless of the facts. Regardless of whether you have done the crime.

Though he may be completely innocent he could still be in jail. It happens. Not usually when you have a big lawyers budget, but it *could* have happened. That's all I am saying and so the result was not the worst in the world.

Gallop is a CEO who inspires no confidence in the game, he's a drab, monotoned News Ltd puppet. I don't like much about Eddie McGuire but gee I like his enthusiasm & passion for his sport/team.

He is no longer protected by his News Ltd employers. His demise will come about within the next 12 months at the hands of someone on the Commission.

How a News Ltd Lawyer has survived this long is astounding.

His days are numbered.

Yep.

I find it interesting that this appears to be an attack on the Goose by his former masters.

I bet that lump in his throat just got bigger !!!

weev by your logic of Gallop's done a good job because it "all turned out well", Hitler should be lauded because some Jews survived.

Whose interests did Gallop serve? That News Ltd refused under any conditions to exit the game unless their man Gallop was put in charge, on an extended contract, says it all.

I saw a book the other day in Dymocks. It was titled 'The Wit and Wisdom of David Gallop.' Inside there was something like 120 blank pages.

Interesting the News hacks are turning on Gallop now. I suppose they take no responsibility for how long this insipid man has survived already?

Phantar said:
I saw a book the other day in Dymocks. It was titled 'The Wit and Wisdom of David Gallop.' Inside there was something like 120 blank pages.

Hahahahahahahaha...love it.

Get over it you bunch of full tools. Gallop is doing a GREAT job. The game is exciting, crowds are up, tv audiences are through the roof. He has never claimed to get everything right. I've met and spoken to him, he's a top guy, he cares for the game very much and is a brilliant administrator working in a minefield of old grudges and associated old school bull****. I wish everyone on this forum would crap off and leave the dude alone and acknowledge his achievements.

bazeagle said:
Get over it you bunch of full tools. Gallop is doing a GREAT job. The game is exciting, crowds are up, tv audiences are through the roof. He has never claimed to get everything right. I've met and spoken to him, he's a top guy, he cares for the game very much and is a brilliant administrator working in a minefield of old grudges and associated old school bull****. I wish everyone on this forum would crap off and leave the dude alone and acknowledge his achievements.

Nice to hear your thoughts Mrs Gallop.

bazeagle said:

Forest, trees.

Speaking of trees. Did you know 1 acre of them gave their lives to produce that last NRL annual report that was purpose built around justifying gallops uninspired leadership.

Question: If one acre of trees falls in the forest can one independent commission hear it ?

jbb/james said:
weev said:
He's not doing a bad job. The game seems well managed considering so many competing and conflicting interests, and challenges like competing codes etc.

But I think some people, like with the govt, just like to have a whine. If everything they do is not exactly approved by them then they are, entirely, rubbish.

Gallop does deserve some stick for the handling of the snake incident, but alls well that ended well. Gallop will have learned we hope. So I give him a pass. It must be a tough job.

That's your opinion and that's cool, but have you considered this

He seriously undersold the TV rights to the tune of hundreds of millions to his former employer

Has given the networks complete control with the draw and never questions them when they don't live up to there side of the draw, eg giving ch 9, 3 weeks instead of 5 to allocate games near finals

He failed to take up action against betting agencies fleecing the game costing The NRL up to 15 mill a year, when he was advised to do so.

All but 2 clubs make a loss under the guidelines and funding policies administered under his leadership

Scrapped the reserve grade competition depleting all clubs depth and quality of the competition, due to funding issues which he is directly responsible for

Had a TV deal which overlapped the deal with the clubs who actually provide the product,

The NRL and the clubs are a partnership but very rarely does it appear that way

Has lost the confidence of nearly all clubs

Didn't man up to Melbourne after stripping there comps, with the brookie brawl the first time he saw melb live after doing so

Never oversaw the return of the NRL trophies by melb, at one stage they were lost, have they evre been returned, who knows

Allowed News ltd to do their own independent audit of the melb scandal, which allows them to take action as they see fit and release the information as they see fit as to not implicate New ltd that is

Since receiving the audit , nothing has been done

As news ltd also owned broncos , an audit should have been ordered against them as well, but never was

Mate i could go on and on as i do and do, over and over but while he is a calm speaker, who chooses his words wisely , he is a lawyer, they all do. The game is in financial peril and he is the man responsible for the games financial health

Classic stuff.

bazeagle said:
Fully expected "Duh..." responses. Trees, forests, whatever. Grudges, that's all, based on = zero.

Weve been through this topic before with you. Your position is based on zero and as usual you choose to ignore the many facts about gallops tenure and especially you dont respond to whats been written in this thread as problems with his management.

Fair dinkum mate, do you have a secret sexual relationship with gallop or what ? If not I suggest you go ahead and do so.

bazeagle said:

Who are you and what have you done with Baz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4