Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On another point this site does seem to attract a fairly high percentage of fundamentalist numbnuts. One of their characteristics is to very strictly espouse a "Manly" party line. This party line must be adhered to at all times.
If the Manly Party was in charge we wouldn't have this crazy vaccine shortage and lockdown crap going wildly out of control.

Are we reading the same post Kevin? Woodsie's post is about the same shortcomings that you, me and many others see in Saab's game right now, particularly defensively. He is definitely work in progress, but is also the most exciting winger prospect in the NRL. Over time I think he could be in the top three wingers playing right now. He has been a fantastic buy and I hope we retain him for the long term, regardless of his current defensive shortcomings.
Saab is the most exciting winger prospect indeed feathered friend .

So much anticipation and excitement when this super speed freak is in the clear
One blink of the eye and he is over for a 100 metre try

He is the Xfactor eXtraordinaire
and all the ones that do not agree with this are full of hot air

download (3).jpg

The modern speed Game Creed

Speed kills and the faster you go the bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind

And slow striding backs kill the momentum of open play

Will disagree with you Woodsie on one point. The rest is pretty accurate. Saab's defence has already improved significantly. By this time next year I don't think it will even be a topic of discussion on this site. Unless of course we put Walker in there as centre. Walkers presence in the centre position next to Saab would actually make Saab's defence significantly worse. We should not underestimate the confidence that Saab gets defensively with Harper inside him.

On another point this site does seem to attract a fairly high percentage of fundamentalist numbnuts. One of their characteristics is to very strictly espouse a "Manly" party line. This party line must be adhered to at all times. Failure to adhere to this "Manly" party line will see posters cast out into the wilderness of Zorbas sausage roll eaters and Barrett lovers. Which is clearly a place that no one wants to go.
It's ok to be heretical mate it keeps the fundamentalist disciples on their toes, and provides a lot of entertainment for me.
Yours in heresy.
Go Manly.

Yeah, thanks Simmo,

I am hopeful that what I see as his defensive issues lessen in time ... but have a look at the two tries Maumalloammuoo scored last night ... when Saab has to turn or adjust quickly ... he hasn't got the physical agility to do it ... he is literally the moose on ice ... so I see his problems as personal to him, and not dependent on who is inside him ...

But as I have said, as long as his attack overshadows the flaws ... happy days ,

Yeah, thanks Simmo,

I am hopeful that what I see as his defensive issues lessen in time ... but have a look at the two tries Maumalloammuoo scored last night ... when Saab has to turn or adjust quickly ... he hasn't got the physical agility to do it ... he is literally the moose on ice ... so I see his problems as personal to him, and not dependent on who is inside him ...

But as I have said, as long as his attack overshadows the flaws ... happy days ,
He is only 20 years of age.
The best is yet to come . Watch this space feathered friend

Yeah, thanks Simmo,

Yeah I get it @Woodsie . But lets remember he is only 20, and is not so dissimilar to Turbo in terms of height and weight. 2 inches taller and one kilo lighter. The club will do a lot of work with him on his physical agility, strength, power etc, without lessening his natural speed. He will probably top out as a couple of kilos heavier than Tom, but will have improved his agility and hopefully explosiveness off the mark as well. He is a keeper 100%.

Oh you mean like Woodsie sticking to his party line of "Sack Saab" since Round 2.
Woodsie has his own perspective on the game and the players as we all do
and That is what makes this forum interesting and of good debate

I say good on to every one on here that says it how they see it

Oh you mean like Woodsie sticking to his party line of "Sack Saab" since Round 2.
We all have Party lines and mine is

Speed kills and the faster you go the bigger the mediocre slow striding snails you leave behind . Because if you dont have the fcking pace . You are not in the fcking race :)

Giving due respect to @Woodsie, but that's an instance, which is the complete opposite of what a party line actually is i.e policies collectively, officially adopted by an entity. Its his opinion. Its a valid opinion. I think hes wrong, but that doesn't invalidate his opinion.

Giving due respect to @Woodsie, but that's an instance, which is the complete opposite of what a party line actually is i.e policies collectively, officially adopted by an entity. Its his opinion. Its a valid opinion. I think hes wrong, but that doesn't invalidate his opinion.
Further more....... opinions are like arse holes and we all have one

The forum Creed

The ones on here that take things personally and keep grudges and get emotional should build up some spine and character

Have a good day feathered friends

Further more....... opinions are like arse holes and we all have one
And on that note. This asshole is going for a kayak, and then a Sunday Session at the Kingscliff Surf Club, which will completely negate the positive impact of the kayak session. **** tide as well. Go Manly.

And on that note. This asshole is going for a kayak, and then a Sunday Session at the Kingscliff Surf Club, which will completely negate the positive impact of the kayak session. **** tide as well. Go Manly.
Good on you feathered friend . You got a great sense of humour . Enjoy your great day and Go the Manly Sea eagles

Yeah, thanks Simmo,

I haven't seen him struggle physically (as in, steamrolled) in defence but he does appear a little at sea on occasions in terms of reading the play effectively to shut it down. As for yesterday, the two tries that Maumalo scored, were defensive issues caused by players inside Saab.

The first try saw Paseka lose his feet for no apparent reason. He had Brooks covered and dived for an ankle tap for some strange reason; lazy football. Then Harper hit in for no good reason, which saw Garner in space. All Haumole had to do was tell Saab to stay on his man because he had Garner covered. Alas, there was no talk and the try was scored.

The second saw us short for numbers from the ruck. The marker didn't work overly hard and it meant Daly was stranded with an edge runner hitting his inside shoulder, which held up the play. Now, at that point, we probably needed to react faster on the edges but still, the problem was caused much further in.

I agree with the observation that he is a little clumsy and cumbersome and I also agree that with his physique, he will probably remain that way. He doesn't strike me as the most 'intense' footballer in terms of 'head in the game' all the time. There is certainly room for improvement as you suggest. I also think you are right when you say that as long as the good outweighs the bad, we should be right. He can pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn half chances into tries through sheer speed.

I haven't seen him struggle physically (as in, steamrolled) in defence but he does appear a little at sea on occasions in terms of reading the play effectively to shut it down. As for yesterday, the two tries that Maumalo scored, were defensive issues caused by players inside Saab.

The first try saw Paseka lose his feet for no apparent reason. He had Brooks covered and dived for an ankle tap for some strange reason; lazy football. Then Harper hit in for no good reason, which saw Garner in space. All Haumole had to do was tell Saab to stay on his man because he had Garner covered. Alas, there was no talk and the try was scored.

The second saw us short for numbers from the ruck. The marker didn't work overly hard and it meant Daly was stranded with an edge runner hitting his inside shoulder, which held up the play. Now, at that point, we probably needed to react faster on the edges but still, the problem was caused much further in.

I agree with the observation that he is a little clumsy and cumbersome and I also agree that with his physique, he will probably remain that way. He doesn't strike me as the most 'intense' footballer in terms of 'head in the game' all the time. There is certainly room for improvement as you suggest. I also think you are right when you say that as long as the good outweighs the bad, we should be right. He can pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn half chances into tries through sheer speed.

No problem with your assessment of why the tries were scored ... and nowhere have I blamed Saab for them, but I also watch a players biomechanics ... watch again and look at how Saab turns and tries to adjust quickly ... and my doubts are based chiefly on that.

Your last paragraph probably sums up my overall view better than I had expressed myself .. but I was being attacked for even mentioning my concerns ... and you know I love a blue .. cheers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6