Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saab 39 missed tackles .. tackle effectiveness 62%
Garrick 14 missed tackles .. tackle effectiveness 86%
And, like ALL statistics can be used to make or break an argument, or made to suit an argument.
Saab 24 appearances 20 tries 83% effective
Garrick 60 appearances 34 tries 56% effective
Saab is a try machine and Garrick is just OK, so should we give Reubs the arze I DON"T THINK SO.
Saab 17 appearances for Manly 2021 16 tries
Garrick 17 appearances for manly 2021 14 tries
Still not as effective apparently HaHa.

Last edited:
No, unlike many with God complexes .. I don't consider my opinion omnipotent or capable of deciding anybody's fate ... I will add that I also believe that 99.9% of all footballers have some shortcoming in their game .. it is a human condition.

For example .. one of Saab's major shortcomings is tackling, now I have seen many poor tacklers become better tacklers, but I have seen very few poor tacklers become good tacklers ..

Saab 39 missed tackles .. tackle effectiveness 62%
Garrick 14 missed tackles .. tackle effectiveness 86%

You are welcome to the view that all his faults will disappear in the fullness of time ... I hope you are correct ... but for now I will stick with my view that he will always be a risk/benefit proposition.
An omnipotent opinion? An opinion of unlimited power... Hmmm.

I believe omniscient is the word you were looking for in this instance.

No question that Garrick for instance creates more and is better defensively than Saab at this stage. But then Garrick has played 60 games, is 24 years old. Addo-Carr is 25 with 121 games. Saab is only 20 and has played 24 games and this is in his first full season (7 games for the Dragons). You can teach defence ( and yes you may never be a champion defender but you can become good). But you cant teach speed and evasiveness. Saab seems easily the quickest we have at present (though its suggested Koula is super quick). Cant teach that. He's also very tall so he's great with the high ball. Again you cant teach that. He'll be a monster when he develops further and again you cant teach that. Garrick at present is our most complete winger. In a year or two that may not be the case.

In my opinion (all powerful as it is) Saab is the best young winger in the game. Anyway, I'm going to cook some bacon and eggs, using only my opinion that bacon and eggs are better than cornflakes.

And, like ALL statistics can be used to make or break an argument, or made to suit an argument.
Saab 24 appearances 20 tries 83% effective
Garrick 60 appearances 34 tries 56% effective
Saab is a try machine and Garrick is just OK, so should we give Reubs the arze I DON"T THINK SO.
Saab 17 appearances for Manly 2021 16 tries
Garrick 17 appearances for manly 2021 14 tries
Still not as effective apparently HaHa.

I don't think you have understood one word of my posts .. fair dinkum .. it is not about being good, bad, better or worse at one aspect of the game .. it is about being a balanced and complete footballer ... whilst he scores tries and his benefits out weigh his deficiences .. happy days .. but if you think his tackling and defence are 1st grade standard you are sadly delusional ... HaHa ..

Walker's fan club must think it is an attribute. Yes, Saab's defence is very poor BUT it is a LOT better than it was and his +'s more than buy him time to vastly improve it.

Not sure about the better than it was ... but again .. all players have shortcomings ... even after 10 years and 252 1st grade games, over 30 games for Australia and NSW the shortcomings of DCE are detailed and discussed (ad nauseam) on this very forum every week.

For some reason mentioning that Saab has defensive issues upsets the people that like shiny things ... he is not a sacred cow ... he is a footballer, one with many talents and upsides ...

The only difference from my opinion and others is ... they believe all his issues will go away ... I don't ... but again, it is just my opinion.

And then there are the numbnuts that don't think he has defensive issue .. or think mentioning them is heresy ... and there's not much you can do to help them ...

But this post (among others) suggests that your opinion on Saab was more deep rooted than him not being a complete footballer. I'd imagine this is what some on here are referring to.
Are we reading the same post @Kevinward777 @Woodsie 's original post is about the same shortcomings that you, me and many others see in Saab's game right now, particularly defensively. He is definitely work in progress, but is also the most exciting winger prospect in the NRL. Over time I think he could be in the top three wingers playing right now. He has been a fantastic buy and I hope we retain him for the long term, regardless of his current defensive shortcomings.

Last edited:
4 tackles yesterday and no misses.

No tries and no line breaks

So depending on your bias there's a bit from column A and a bit from column B in his efforts yesterday, statistically speaking.

Not sure about the better than it was ... but again .. all players have shortcomings ... even after 10 years and 252 1st grade games, over 30 games for Australia and NSW the shortcomings of DCE are detailed and discussed (ad nauseam) on this very forum every week.

For some reason mentioning that Saab has defensive issues upsets the people that like shiny things ... he is not a sacred cow ... he is a footballer, one with many talents and upsides ...

The only difference from my opinion and others is ... they believe all his issues will go away ... I don't ... but again, it is just my opinion.

And then there are the numbnuts that don't think he has defensive issue .. or think mentioning them is heresy ... and there's not much you can do to help them ...
Will disagree with you Woodsie on one point. The rest is pretty accurate. Saab's defence has already improved significantly. By this time next year I don't think it will even be a topic of discussion on this site. Unless of course we put Walker in there as centre. Walkers presence in the centre position next to Saab would actually make Saab's defence significantly worse. We should not underestimate the confidence that Saab gets defensively with Harper inside him.

On another point this site does seem to attract a fairly high percentage of fundamentalist numbnuts. One of their characteristics is to very strictly espouse a "Manly" party line. This party line must be adhered to at all times. Failure to adhere to this "Manly" party line will see posters cast out into the wilderness of Zorbas sausage roll eaters and Barrett lovers. Which is clearly a place that no one wants to go.
It's ok to be heretical mate it keeps the fundamentalist disciples on their toes, and provides a lot of entertainment for me.
Yours in heresy.
Go Manly.

Isn't that all wives??? Or women in general ;)
mad how dare you GIF

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7