Interesting comments on ABC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Morrow: I think Melbourne have given up on Orford, they can't match Souths offer if they sign Crocker and Ross.

Warren Ryan: I don't know about Souths mate. I sat up to the early hours of the morning with some Manly men who say they have Orfrod in the bag. He might play 5/8th?

Guy on the sideline: I'm not sure about 5/8th. I've heard they might make Monaghan into a dummy half.

WR: And Monaghan would make a very good dummy half.

!pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray:

However, who are the Manly officials with the loose tongues drinking through the night with Warren Ryan? :naughty: :naughty:

so If monas goes to hooker will he still cop **** from you Mata?

Orfords having a **** game so far... 3 missed tackles.. some bodgy kicks on the last... do you watch him at all?

We still don't have depth in the forwards, a centre and a winger.

Orford would be an outstanding purchase but in all fairness, nothing is set in concrete until he runs out next year.

Right into the trap.

Look at all the experts who have problems with comments by Warren Ryan. I'm so glad of your encyclopeadic knowledge of Rugby League.

Who the hell is Warren Ryan to make any sense about football. :roll:

c_eagle agreed. If Zorba is known for taking his first scotch at 10am then heaven knows what he's like at 3am.

Kaza, to answer your question. Monas is less likely to be out of his depth at hooker so he probably won't be a target. In fact, I continually advocate that he be moved there.

I criticise mediocrity, not effort.

how can he be mediocre though.. his club has been in the top 4 for so long. Mediocre would be someone of extreme average ability. To not be able to admit hes a better player than 'mediocre' is just plain ignorant and suggests to me that you have a personal issue with him.

Did he refuse an autograph or something?

Did you watch last night's game?

Even the commentators were laughing at us, and they're supposed to be impartial.

Same time every time we play a quality team, and will continue in coming weeks.

The only exception was the Rorters game, though many thought he was lucky to get MOTM. Interestingly he was playing for a contract. :doh:

This is not a personal campaign, but he cannot be our long term 'solution' at half back, and apparently that is the opinion of many of the coaching staff (but obviously not Delmege, who is not a coach interestingly).

And now I will stop casting pearls before swine and dalmations. :sleep:

also you didnt answer my question.. do you watch Orford at all.. would you say hes having a good game? Hes made 1 error 3 missed tackles no try assits or line breaks and a few dodgy last tackle options.

If this was Monas he would of been bagged by now.. but not Orford? can you be more consistent with bagging mediocrity.

Did you watch last night's game?

Even the commentators were laughing at us, and they're supposed to be impartial.

Same time every time we play a quality team, and will continue in coming weeks.

The only exception was the Rorters game, though many thought he was lucky to get MOTM. Interestingly he was playing for a contract. :doh:

This is not a personal campaign, but he cannot be our long term 'solution' at half back, and apparently that is the opinion of many of the coaching staff (but obviously not Delmege, who is not a coach interestingly).

And now I will stop casting pearls before swine and dalmations. :sleep:

and how is Orford a long term solution.. hes 28 years old. Unless your planning for next year or something only. Hes hit his peak and still not made Origin.

For 500k hes overated.

Also, when Manly player a better side.. such as Brisbane who played us off the park.. how do you blame Monas for not winning us the game.. the team was outclassed. Our forwards were belted.

We know how good Orford can play, we know how good Monaghan can play, Orford is ahead by the length of the straight and then some, what's there to argue about? Monaghan will make a fine hooker one day.

He has been selected for Origin but was injured. Get your facts right. Also, he's only been held out of that position by the greatest half back to ever pull on a Blues jumper. Think about it.

Monas isn't within a bull's roar of Country selection for goodness sake.

In answer to your last question, a captain rallies his troops. Do you ever see Captain Calamity doing that? The only time he's vocal is when we're twenty ahead.

I'm beginning to wonder if he has a character flaw. Flat track bully.........

how good can Orford play.. Storm have been below Manly all season. He has had a **** year. Couldnt make Origin even when Joey was out AND Kimmorley dropped. If hes as good as you say he is.. why didnt he make it?

yet he has the nerve to ask for 400-500k. Over the odds. Id prefer if we bought 2 good centres for that money.

He has been selected for Origin but was injured. Get your facts right. Also, he's only been held out of that position by the greatest half back to ever pull on a Blues jumper. Think about it.

Monas isn't within a bull's roar of Country selection for goodness sake.

In answer to your last question, a captain rallies his troops. Do you ever see Captain Calamity doing that? The only time he's vocal is when we're twenty ahead.

I'm beginning to wonder if he has a character flaw. Flat track bully.........

so has he played Origin.. No. Held out by the best half in the game? hahahaha and when he was injured Kimmorley got the nod.. and when he was out... BARETT was chosen.

Yeahhh get your facts right buddy.

Against the dogs tonite Orford is played well again, like a man that has his future decided,
Warren ryan said on the ABC a little while ago he has a gut feeling that he is going to manly

That would make my week! Kaza - I admire your support of Monaghan but why do you think the club was baulking at signing Monas? They are obviously looking for something else. I was there last night and saw Monas with the headlights in his eyes and he froze. He has had some good games and has put in but Orford would be Orsome (sic).

look honestly im not denying Orford would be a great prospect.. but i think Monas is being very harshly treated on here.. people are knitpicking his errors... and i find that very slack to the CAPTAIN of the side.. he hasnt played as badly as people on here make out... which is why i feel it is right someone defends him. Hes had more good games than bad. I think he would make a great hooker.. great 5/8 or great number 7 as he is dedicated as they come. Orford would only be coming here for 1 thing.. and 1 thing only.

Ill defend Monas as long as i have to. Im stubborn so i wont stop lol

I watched the Storm/Dogs match & thought Orford had a good game. He was putting players into gaps , which our halves seem to be struggling to do lately. I was also very impressed with Nate Myles ( Bulldogs )
. His defence / workrate is very impressive.

Friday nights result was fairly predictable . We were missing 7 players & the Tigers were at full strength & always hard to beat at Leichhardt Oval. It was disappointing to concede so may points. Our for & against has been copping a belting lately. Too many one on one missed tackles.

Not too many Manly supporters at Leichhardt Oval on Friday night. Maybe the weather , "LIVE" coverage & Manly's line-up kept most of them away. Nevertheless , we had a good night. After the match we went back to the Orange Grove Hotel which was packed with Tigers fans & a handful of Manly supporters. Kerry "Buckets" Hemsley ( former Tigers forward ) was in fine form . Looked like he had consumed too many lagers. We were talking to a hard core Wests supporter & reminiscing about some Manly & Wests players of the 70's & 80's. ( eg Donnelly , Leis , Cooper , Gibbs etc ). He was telling us that back in the 70's , Wests had a player in reserve grade that only had one arm. I can't remember what his name was. I didn't believe him at first , but he was adamant the story was true.

Manly's match against the Panthers next Saturday night is a "must win " game. Hopefully BK & Menzies pull through injury free after Weds night. Penrith will be hard to beat & who could forget the corresponding result when we played them out there last year. I was there & it was humiliating to say the least. I won't be making the trip out there this season. Flying out to Fiji on Weds for 10 days. May even catch up with Daniel while I'm over there.

Hopefully we'll receive some good news on the player signings in the next few days.

I say : Sign Orford NOW !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4