Interesting comments on ABC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
only saw last twenty of Storm game and Orford slayed the Bulldogs, we think Monaghs has a good kicking game, Orford took it to a new level.

In the RLW poll one of the more sensible questions was who is the best half back, Orford was voted second behind Joey buy other NRL players, thats good enough for me. If he plays the next 4 years till 32 id be delighted. By then hopefully we will have another young superstar to take his place.

I don't think that Kaza is bagging Orford, in fact he has conceded that Orford would add a lot to this side. However, I have to agree with Kaza in saying the way people, especially sue and Matabele, treat Monaghan on this forum is disgraceful. As Kaza has stated, he has played more good games than bad, and to blaim our halfback for the loss of a game where the team leaked 49 points is heartless and unfair. I'm not saying Monaghan played well on Friday night, but in at least 80% of the games this year he has.

I will always be behind Monas, because he doesn't deserve half the crap he cops around here. BUT, in saying that I do feel we need Orford just to add a bit of flare. Watching the Dogs v Storm game, all I could think of was seeing Stewart running off some of Orfords kicks, and how much better it would make him........

kaza
you seem to like parading facts.well please get them right.orford has just turned 27. 22/4/78.many halves in recent times play well into their 30s-johns,langer,taylor ,smith, fittler,lamb.not an issue "buddy".you must be fluffys alter-ego.unless your village has 2 idiots.

i have said repeatedly the guy has guts and would make a good hooker.he is an ordinary halfback and does not have the class and temperement to takes us further.the management is of a similar belief.i have 2 contacts at the raiders who tell me that he was released because they believed he was a solid hooker but not up to guiding a first grade side around the paddock.if you think that is disgraceful thinking so be it.if we reward mediocrity with contracts in key positions the long wait for another title will just get longer.the club has a duty to look for alternatives.

Sue, kaza can't even seem to understand that having to withdraw from an origin side through to an unfortunate injury does qualify as 'making origin'.

I fear that we waste our breath with some.

stop living in the past Mata. Did he get chosen this year? NO. Why? because he hasnt played well since. Since your living in the past why not call Lyons back? he played origin too! as did Daley.. lets see what hes got left..

Sue, im glad you can be big enough to insult me. As i know you have nothing to offer in this argument.

And by the way... how old will he be this time next year when he would be with us? hes not with us now so i dont care how old he is now. He will be 28 next year.

Also your 'contacts' Sue, are wrong.. he wasnt released.. he refused a contract. Once again get your facts right 'Buddy'.

matt elliot told him he was not wanted by the club as a halfback and thus he refused a contract based on him being back up hooker.said exactly that in interviews himself last year as did matt elliot.given that they had no halfback options at the time seems pretty clear what they thought of him.

you said he was 28.he is not.simple.not interested in that list of players.i can add a few more if you like.would be a weird and wonderful world if 28 year old playmakers were not considered as viable options.just ask jason smith.absolutely ridiculous suggestion but not unexpected.im sure glad you werent part of management when cliffy's contract came up for renewal 10 years before he retired.

better get ready for your next greenpeace rally.chad will need your support.

I never said he cant play at 28.. But you want a long term option.. whats a long term option to you? to lead us for the next 3 years? or the next 5?

It is well known alot of players after the age of 30 deteriorate in quality... only real star players can go on. Players who excelled in the game.

For a player not to have PLAYED in an Origin game at the age of 27 is not one of those.

You compare Orford to CliffY? hahaha Laughable mate. Chad says hi.

We need Orford Kaza. Orford and Monas would be a top combination.

I dont know what to do with Witt!

Im a little confused on witt. He wasn't going too bad. He was looking like a very promising prospect but all of a sudden he has started to fall apart. Nobody jump on the bandwagon here but it could have something to do with Monaghans service at the moment. Although unlikly. What do you do with witt... were else could he play? Wing for donald maybe?

and to think i got hung drawn and quartered a couple of weeks ago for suggesting the same thing.

I think the difference there fluffy is that I think he is a great 5/8 going through a rough patch. Not sure whats wrong with him. You think he is plain ****e.

He's in ordinary form and is offering less and less in attack each week. As Fluffy says he's a halfback trying to play 5/8.

I never said he cant play at 28.. But you want a long term option.. whats a long term option to you? to lead us for the next 3 years? or the next 5?

It is well known alot of players after the age of 30 deteriorate in quality... only real star players can go on. Players who excelled in the game.

For a player not to have PLAYED in an Origin game at the age of 27 is not one of those.

Just for arguments sake, why are we so worried about a long term prospoect ? my way of thinking id be more than happy for three years out of a player like orford. By then he will be at his peak, which i reckon is about 30 for a quality half or we would hopefully have unearthed a potential new kid who can fill tyhe shoes.

Bottom line 3 years with him is better than three years without him!

[quote author=KaZa]

Just for arguments sake, why are we so worried about a long term prospoect ? my way of thinking id be more than happy for three years out of a player like orford. By then he will be at his peak, which i reckon is about 30 for a quality half or we would hopefully have unearthed a potential new kid who can fill tyhe shoes.

Bottom line 3 years with him is better than three years without him!

[/quote]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4