Injuries - Siro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You would think Shaun Lane would be the obvious replacement but from all accounts he hasn't been impressing much. Not sure about Kennedy.

There's still 3 days to go before June 30.

That's bad luck, but it did look like a pec and not a shoulder at the time.

Does Kennedy play an edge ?? I thought he was a middle forward ?

I'm sure Lane was a right edge forward at the Dogs, but mixed reports about his Reggies form so not sure if he'll get the call up. Brown seems most obvious choice, with Cletus coming back onto bench. We'll know by end of day anyway.

I would bring Darcy into the second row and Hastings back on the bench. Perrett and AFB continue in prop rotation which has worked well. Brown will have to play more as Darcy cant play 80 minutes.

I would bring Darcy into the second row and Hastings back on the bench. Perrett and AFB continue in prop rotation which has worked well. Brown will have to play more as Darcy cant play 80 minutes.
Good thinking - Darcy is a bigger body than Lewis and defensively should aim up better against a very big strong Warriors pack especially in the first 20 mins. Also think our team has a more balanced feel with Hastings on the pine so looking forward to him coming back in too.

Predicament for mine is that Sironen is an 80 min player. Would be nice to replace with someone who can do 80 no hassle. The way the bench has been used we can probably afford an extra replacement, but one injury throws that right out.

Brown the first obvious choice - sitting on bench for all but 20 mins most weeks can't be a real good thing for match fitness. Might prove costly.
Reserves - not bad options, but are any really throwing their hand up saying 'im ready'?

If Billy isn't injured, my guess is Brown starts Bainbridge takes his bench spot and and any injuries / fatigue, brown shifts, billy straight in to second row.

Offer Hasson or Green a contract before June 30?
Actually Green was not doing too badly when Manly finally punted him. He took a while to find his feet but ended up being a solid player in the team. Hit the holes well and aimed up in defence. Siro just shades him in his stats (comparing Siro 2017 to Green 2016). We could do far worse than offer Green another contract.

But seriously, Brainbridge should be given first shot (if he has overcome his injuries). He showed lots of promise the few times he got a start last year.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Lane get chosen with the message 'this is your chance, let's see what you've got'. He seems to have ability so who knows? Might be the making of him.
My concern about most of the other options is that they would diminish the overall size of our pack, and that's been one of our strengths.
This is exactly what I would do. Lane should be given this chance to stay in the 17.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2