Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

Ah Matabele…fast becoming the forum version of the Daily Telegraph….people read but don’t believe a word of it…political barrow to push, strong on sensationalism but with little substance…

Rather than a “Manly Warringah Travelling Supportah” we should get him a T shirt that says “Manly Warringah Non-Travelling Reportah”?

Set the hook Mata because that’s not a nibble that is a full on chomp?

Re the funding..(Best to check facts before “dissing” the club patron and tireless worker for the cause?) the $6 mill from Mr Iemma is currently under the tender loving care of the Warringah council and earning interest even as we speak as is the $4 mill promised by Dick Persson…Yes we have it, no it is not a “might” or maybe it is done agreed and received.

You have good lines of communication with the Penn family so make the call and check?

Thank you Kerry Sibraa and the rest of the team in getting blood from stones…

You are true Manly legends and are owed so much by the rank and file fans

How and when it will be spent? Stay tuned

Re the Football Club and why it is administered separately…here’s why…

When the Screaming Eagles membership was devised by the Sea Eagles it was decided by them to separate the FC aspect of membership and there was little or no promotion of it (Separate entities remember?) – It was simply listed as a “tick box” on the Screaming Eagles application form.

As a result there was some confusion (cases where people thought they were FC members when they weren’t etc.) and due to the fact that many didn’t really know what it was or how important membership numbers dropped (as it was now an opt in for another $25 rather than included as part of the package)

The membership department at the Sea Eagles didn’t have the time or resources to administer or promote FC membership so it was brought in house (the Leagues Club) to use their administrative back office.

As mentioned, lack of promotion, lack of understanding and of course the issues at the start of the year all had influence on FC membership and it has dropped to alarmingly low numbers which is why I have put up my hand to help change that.

There will be many on here that have fired up in the past and have continued to do so re a permanent (or even 2 games) move to Gosford or away from Brookie so back on thread…3 councillors are pushing to negotiate a deal with the club that will leave the owners no choice but to move – FACT

That is what this thread is about!!

By all mean have an opinion, by all means feel free to voice then but  A.D.D rants and YARTS that side track the seriousness of the situation are not helping…I really don’t want to do a Matabele (I told you so!) when it is too late and Cr Kirsch and her allies have succeeded in kicking us out of Brookie

Get on board people?

No such thing as a sidetracking YART.

They are famous the world over.

Are there plans afoot to involve fans who live far from the shire, to voice opinion to Council or assist the club on this matter ?

Yeah, get on board people, but understand you do so with an inept football club who have stuffed up their membership packages and through their Machiavellian political maneuvering have also rendered the club without an effective CEO at the very time where there is an urgent requirement to fight a fight that could see the club kicked out of its spiritual home, the very reason the FC exists. 

Jatz Crackers link said:
Are there plans afoot to involve fans who live far from the shire, to voice opinion to Council or assist the club on this matter ?

Jatz, I've had a fair few people from out of town contacting myself, Aaron and even the owners looking at how they can help but unfortunately at present as it is a local council issue then there's not a lot non-rate payers can do effectively (apart from let any friends who are Manly fans they may have who live in Warringah but not read forums know about it?)

That said, we will need to see what happens on Tuesday...there has been communication with 2 of the 3 councillors concerend and they are now saying that the motion is to "negotiate" rather than "impose" the new terms.

We are waiting for confirmation as to whether the mayor will be at the meeting (or will have a proxy) as he has a deciding vote (which had to be used on a Brooky issue recently)..There are some saying the motion has been tabled specifically for this week as the mayor is away but I can't (as they say) confirm or deny that.

So..not a lot you can do practically at the moment but rest assured if there is you will hear about it on here.

There's no doubt that there are many from out of town who come to Brooky on a regular basis and spend their hard earned (Games bringing dollars to the area) so we may need to demonstate that at some stage...

I'll keep you all updated as things progress, in the meantime the more people that know about this the better

Cheers

Vidmar

ps  Matabele, as an educated person you would be familiar with the term "Actions speak louder than words"?

Matabele link said:
Yeah, get on board people, but understand you do so with an inept football club who have stuffed up their membership packages and through their Machiavellian political maneuvering have also rendered the club without an effective CEO at the very time where there is an urgent requirement to fight a fight that could see the club kicked out of its spiritual home, the very reason the FC exists. 

hear hear

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181768.msg242617#msg242617 date=1253352894]

hear hear
[/quote]

At what stage did this become a call from the Football Club?

Getting on board is about supporting YOUR team - not some call for people to try to revive factionalism

This affects ALL manly fans whether members or not, whatever membership they may have and even the guys from the local businesses that make money on game days.

Gronk...I realise that it is a long way from VIC to Brooky so you may not be able to get there that often but I'm guessing that when you do get chance to get to a game you would rather go to Brookie than Homebush or Gosford?

Vidmar, your call to arms is basically a call to keep a parasite alive. 

Getting on board the titanic is not smart in my opinion, though I'll find it within myself to give it a lick of paint to it looks schmick when it runs into the inevitable iceberg. 

Can Vidmar or someone else please explain and convince me as to why I should now pay a $100 per ticket (we have three) more a year that I did this year for season tickets in the JT stand when I am only able to watch 10 games next year instead of 12 at Brookie oval (11 this year).

The club is asking us to pay $100 more (or $300 for our tickets) to see one less game. 

Exactly Who has decided to play one more game at Bluetongue stadium next year?

Times are tough but the club seems to think that people will continue to pay more for less. 

Also why should I pay for FC membership?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=181768.msg242626#msg242626 date=1253357228]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181768.msg242617#msg242617 date=1253352894]

hear hear
[/quote]

Gronk...I realise that it is a long way from VIC to Brooky so you may not be able to get there that often but I'm guessing that when you do get chance to get to a game you would rather go to Brookie than Homebush or Gosford?
[/quote]

Well if the football club stopped voting to take games from brookvale to bluetongue then I might have more chance of that.  

Homebush is more accessible from the airport and train services than Brookvale.

im sure this councillor has an email address somewhere does she??????

nebula link said:
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=181768.msg242662#msg242662 date=1253370331]
im sure this councillor has an email address somewhere does she??????

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 9982 1535
[/quote]I'd suggest people use spell check and keep the abuse to zero, or it will simply strengthen her resolve.

Ive in the past worked for local government, my suggestion and ive seen it work, is a standard letter or email, repeated time and time again that has a common no invasive direction. we need to agree on point of view, circulate the email and have it repeatedly directed to this email address. No abuse, no personal attacks, just our point of view. People then realise there is a common focus and realise we do communicate...... Ideas??

eggson link said:
. . . Christina Kirsch is a registered Organisational Psychologist, researcher and consultant to national and international corporations. In her professional career she is focusing on the analysis and redesign of organisations, organisational change processes, cross-cultural management and organisational sustainability. . .

Could make a decent CEO . . .

Matabele link said:
Vidmar, your call to arms is basically a call to keep a parasite alive. 

Getting on board the titanic is not smart in my opinion, though I'll find it within myself to give it a lick of paint to it looks schmick when it runs into the inevitable iceberg. 

I don't clearly understand your claims here. Either it is another shot at the FC or you are happy for Brookvale Oval to be dumped as the home of the Sea Eagles.

Vid has clearly pushed an agenda in this post of ensuring that Brookvale isn't made uneconomical by back-door Council motions that would make the situation impossible to work with. Keep it at that. Or come clean on where you believe our games should be played. Anything else should be started in another thread.

To me it sounds as if the Gosford option is favoured by the Penn backer, wheres theres smoke there is fire.

It would also save him an hour each way for the game he gets to each year

For someone who attends one game a year he sure has a lot to say!!

Parasite is a word that has been used, just who is the parasite is everyone's individual opinion.

I can't believe we're going back to the hackneyed old days of 2004 where you had to urinate in the waters of Curl Curl on a daily basis to be considered a Manly supporter. 

Some of us have a life beyond supporting a football team would you believe?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7