I'm Shattered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Word is cricket Australia knocked back an offer from 9 & 10 late last week....whoops!

Looks like Lehmann is in the cross hairs too - could have a new coach, Captain and Vice Captain for the fourth test.

I think Handscomb is the only back up batsman in the squad so someone will be hopping on flight soon you would imagine.

Apparently Renshaw is on a plane

Saw an article before, only saw the summary rather than reading it all, but it said that the rest of the team has requested Warner be removed from the team hotel and he has removed himself from WhatsApp groups etc and has become withdrawn from the rest of the team

You know you are struggling when your own team is brushing you. However I don't believe everything I read, I looked at a couple of articles on Warner going rogue, and it sounded half made up and somewhat unlikely to me.

I am surprised that Paine has been officially anointed as skipper. It was not that long ago that he was not even in the team. I hope it is not too much for him. I am intrigued as to why Lyon did not get the gig. Maybe he did not want it or maybe they initially thought he was part of this whole fiasco as part of the leadership group.

Lyon doesn't strike me as captain material, never has to be honest. I can see why Paine gets the gig, he's captained Tassie quite a bit in Shield and BBL. Not many other options in the current side, apart from Mitch Marsh I doubt any have captained at Shield level, and no one in current side apart from Starc has been a lock in this side for any length of time.

So I hear Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell are hopping a plane today to fill the void. Wonder if they'll all leapfrog Handscomb straight into the XI

Lyon doesn't strike me as captain material, never has to be honest. I can see why Paine gets the gig, he's captained Tassie quite a bit in Shield and BBL. Not many other options in the current side, apart from Mitch Marsh I doubt any have captained at Shield level, and no one in current side apart from Starc has been a lock in this side for any length of time.

So I hear Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell are hopping a plane today to fill the void. Wonder if they'll all leapfrog Handscomb straight into the XI
Hope so he's kinda ****

Well I think now kiwis and dickheads from other countries can shut their whore mouths about Australians being cheats as a blanket statement

Any kiwis/ other countries players ever been banned for a year for doing dumb **** by their own cricket board? Doubt it

Other countries may have shortened the length of Daveys leash long ago before hitting this point

No offical ban but Jesse Ryder hasn't played international cricket for over 3 years, and that has nothing at all to do with a lack of talent

12 months seems a bit... long? For Smith anyway.

Would the ICC have banned them like this?

Faf is now SA captian with 2 charges against him. Philander wasn't out for a year.

I agree @Kiwi Eagle eagle about warner's leash.

It's all a poop show atm.

Numerous alcohol related incidents, nothing really too bad but McCullum decided that it was outside the culture he was trying to build so he hasn't been picked since, and we have had some real nuffies picked ahead of him

It seems a bit excessive for a relative clean skin like Smith...as for Warner it is fair enough I think

It's pretty over the top BUT the Australian test team is absolutely iconic and a beacon of goodness

It's on par with hulk Hogan in pro wrestling, even though he's a douche

I think the bans are fair enough. If Smith had any inkling this was going on and turned a blind eye then he deserves 12 months. As the skipper he has to be held to higher account - surely he must have known that this was a stupid plan that couldn't be perceived as anything other than blatant cheating.

I struggled to understand CA's love affair with Warner as leadership material from Day 1. He just never gave off the right vibe to me. He probably took things personally given the incident with de Kock and maybe that clouded his judgement, so I can give him some modicum of benefit of the doubt. But 12 months ban and never back in the leadership group is just punishment IMO

Is this public humiliation on top of the massive ban just?

Some of you who read this have cheated on their taxes

Some on their wives

No doubt all on their employers

But in what is ultimately an insignificant pursuit (sport). You stuff up and all the hounds of hell are released. I bet Smith and Bancroft wish they were staffers, they would be made captain of the national team in a heart beat. Only after cheating twice.

What gets me is the Pom and SA twiterrati (Michael Vaughan, KP eat al) now bending over backwards to say how harsh this reaction is, if only they could read their comments 72hrs earlier

I've played cricket all my life and have been a lover of the game since I was a kid. I think the punishment is just. On the scale of ball tampering taking a piece of sandpaper on the field is up there with the most blatant of cheating. You can tell by Smith's reaction that he knows it was bad.

Making him face a press conference after a long flight and the fresh emotions of meeting his parents was wrong. Let him get back, deal with the fallout, and get his head together over the weekend. We can all wait till Tuesday to hear from him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7