I'm Shattered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bancroft. Man that looks bad. Real bad. I hope I'm wrong and there's an explanation but I can't see what it is. It will really really question the integrity of the leadership group. I hope someone in power didn't put it on him to do this but I can't for a minute imagine he decided to do this on his own. Shattered!!!!

Bancroft. Man that looks bad. Real bad. I hope I'm wrong and there's an explanation but I can't see what it is. It will really really question the integrity of the leadership group. I hope someone in power didn't put it on him to do this but I can't for a minute imagine he decided to do this on his own. Shattered!!!!
Wait what is this about?

If you're dumb enough to tamper with the ball...I guess you're dumb enough to use bright yellow sandpaper whilst doing it.

If it's true.... totally unacceptable and disgraceful and embarrassing for the fans of Aust cricket.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cam...-pockets-australia-cape-town-video/2018-03-25

Cameron Bancroft charged with altering condition of the ball; Steve Smith says senior players hatched plan to gain an advantage

Embarrassing, disgusting and a total betrayal of cricket fans.

When asked who was responsible, Smith said it was a decision made by the players and not the coaching staff.

“It was purely the players, and the leadership group (that were responsible),” Smith said. “We saw this game as such an important game. We’ve seen the ball reversing ... so that’s a big mistake on our part.

“I’m incredibly sorry for bringing the game into disrepute ... The boys in the shed are embarrassed. I feel for Cam as well. I am embarrassed to be sitting here.”

Smith said he wouldn’t be stepping down from the captaincy role, claiming he felt he was still the “right person” for the role, but accepted responsibility for the ugly incident.

Last edited:
It is symptomatic of the sledging and carry on which has been going on for the whole series

Completely unacceptable and totally embarrassing

Smith has to stand down from the captaincy - at minimum. A low day in Australian sport.

Sorry to say it, but the rest of the cricketing world isn't shocked with this lack of integrity from the guys high up in this team like Smith and Warner. Must be tough to take as fans

Hopefully from this you get some decent people in leadership positions

Hope so. I wouldn't care if the whole leadership team that agreed to this gets punted, and I reckon they should.

It's upsetting and anger inducing enough reading about the whole disgraceful act much less listening to SA and Eng players crow.

SA even still have faf, and eng well....Atherton anyone. etc etc etc etc etc

though it's a social media world and not just players but fans alike are going to get pilloried.

It's a good day not to read comments!

Bright yellow plaster? fmd - morons!
Cheating? fmd - bigger morons

I think it is fair to say that we won the race to the bottom in this test series... So disappointing but hopefully this is a circuit breaker for the poor behaviour.

What I will give Smith though, is that unlike he Rugby league counterpart, he has owned his cheating rather than "I didn't know about it even though I signed multiple contracts"

he had little choice really, when the alternative was to let his very junior teammate take the rap.

In fact he spread the blame equally among the 'leadership group' which is also a tad weak, because he is the captain, is he not? If he said no we won't do it, that would have ended it.

Smith made Bancroft lead off on the interview as well, spreads it across the leadership group. Fall on your sword Smith, it begins and stops with you as captain

ps : "it won't happen again blah blah blah" "first time its happened" "let's learn from this" always regretable when you get caught you muppet

Hope so. I wouldn't care if the whole leadership team that agreed to this gets punted, and I reckon they should.

It's upsetting and anger inducing enough reading about the whole disgraceful act much less listening to SA and Eng players crow.

SA even still have faf, and eng well....Atherton anyone. etc etc etc etc etc

though it's a social media world and not just players but fans alike are going to get pilloried.

It's a good day not to read comments!

Bright yellow plaster? fmd - morons!
Cheating? fmd - bigger morons
Agreed. I don't care who it is. The instigators have to go. Try to bring back some integrity to the team. But it is going to take some time. I really feel for Bancroft. I have no doubt that he would hsve been put up to it. I'm 50/50 about his fate. He is also a grown man and knows he was cheating. Smith has just said the leadership group new about it. IMO all party's that new about it have to go. Who is part of the leadership group. Smith Warner obv. Who else? Lehman? Hopefully Lyon was not apart of it.

Last edited:
Im not sure how they can recover this without some major suspensions for key players. Bancroft - seems eager to be popular and part of the team, but to what end!
Smith - has to be removed as captain, that then leads to the question, who will be appointed. I say Pat Cummins, any other suggestions?

Agreed. I don't care who it is. The instigators have to go. Try to bring back some integrity to the team. But it is going to take some time. I really feel for Bancroft. I have no doubt that he would hsve been put up to it. I'm 50/50 about his fate. He is also a grown man and knows he was cheating. Smith has just said the leadership group new about it. IMO all party's that new about it have to go. Who is part of the leadership group. Smith Warner obv. Who else? Lehman? Hopefully Lyon was not apart of it.

One paper said Lyon and Hazlewood were part of the leadership team (along with smith and warner..obv)

I'm 50/50 re: bancroft as well but I think I fall on the side of let him do his suspension and probably lose 100% of his match fee then let him carry on.

8 tests in, adult or not he was probably co-erced into it and if Atherton, faf du pussy (sp), afridi etc can all continue their careers then he should be able to as well.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4