I'm not convinved

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
Seriously, lets put 80 minutes together. not convinced by our halves or our overall attack. Second half again we dropped off, Hodkinson looked flat and very slow. I was hoping this week we would put a team away (I know the scoreline) and people would be sayng we are a threat. But seriously, I cant see it.

Perry was very soft and for the love of ANYTHING T-Rex run the ****king ball hard, you are a man mountain but I see a guy half your size (Foran) running the ball harder than you, FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, do you have any idea how frustrating it is to watch you tippie toe your way back to the defence!!!

Cronulla scored soft points easily, we are not hungry, we are not agressive and we lack passion. I can not see us doing anything but making up the numbers in the 8.

So, I am not convinced.

Tiggers backing up from MNF will be know they are walking straight into our trap. I don't think we'll be lacking any motivation after the first round. Might not be enough to convinve Fulton but will be enough to win that one.

tonite was a good foundation for a serious charge to the finals

good on choc for showing everyone just how bloody good he can be.

Great win now its time to build on the momentum

Its no good being convinced in the middle of July.

Remember 2008 the Roosters flogged us 34-12 in July round 20

and then

The Bunnies put 40 on us in round 23 in late August.  I remember the MWSE forum after that game being a riot everyone saying they hope we didnt make it to far in the finals because we would be smashed against the better sides.

Then we won 6 staight to claim the title, July and August form means nothing. We just need to keep around 3rd or 4th spot and if its going to happen and we are good enough it will.

Ryan link said:
Improvement is all we can ask for, and we got that in bucket loads tonight.

VERY well said......sorry Fulton but we have have had so much negativity this last week that it's great to have some positivity for this one, and I agre with Vid 48-18 and you are unhappy??...you are one very hard to please fan.

I think we were ruthless. Sharks scored a couple of lucky tries and apart from that we were all over them. Again, if Des had rotated his bench a bit better, we would have probably scored more.

T-Rex - what the hell are you on about? See how many tries he scored, one with a barging run. Can't expect him to make breaks everytime from his half. He is a similar style player to Manu "The Beast" Vatuvei and is very hard to stop close by.

And I thought Kite was outstanding last night, and George is coming back to his best, except for that dumb kick close to the line.

our first half was great while the sharks first half was the worse i have seen in more than 10years. So to rack up 36 in the first was going to be easy with that performance

THe positives were that Anthony watmough and Glen Stewart had great games and it would be stewarts best game of the year.
I also saw think Brent Kite had a great game last night. Perry was better than last week by not by much. lets replace him with Cross.
But we have fell into the trap once again in the 2nd half. The sharks won the second half 18-12. Lazy passes. lazy tackles and unorganised in attack, lazy ruck work

They need to put up 80mins on football not 40 in they are going to make the 8.

We need to play tigers, knight, storm, warriors,dragons.

They all will beat us if we stick to our 40mins football and do what we been doing all year.

Our execution in the first half was superb. It dropped off a little in the second half, but hey, I am still rapt.

One thing we needed last night was confidence, and I think we acheived that. The guys had plenty of self belief and it showed in the scoreline.

you know what Fulton? you are probably right but the way we have been playing lately the boys needed that win. We then can work from that!! We haven't scored nearly 50 for a long time so relax and enjoy. We all know we ain't going to win the comp but at least we ran the ball well and looked entertaining. Our suffering fans went home happy and that will bring back our fans!! Much better than that 1 out crap all the time and kick!! Well done Des and boys, it gives me a happier week (until next Monday lol) ::)

Dont forget the refs gave the sharks a bit of a leg up in the 2nd half, yes we dropped a few levels after half time but overall a BIG IMPROVEMENT

I was exceptionally happy with the boys efforts last night...but Cronulla were just woeful.
Hopefully we have played ourselves back into form, if Farrar had half the speed of Brett we would have notched up a cricket score in the first half.

We did notch up a cricket score in the first half! Has there ever been a bigger half-time lead?

We"clicked" last night in the first half for the first time since earlier in the year.In the second half there wasn't much motivation with a 36 - zip scoreline.Cronulla came out with a bit more gusto in the second half and good luck to them.

We are a different side I think when Jamie Lyon is there and on song.Our halves lack a good short kicking game and creativity in attack but the positive is they are both good defenders and both know our offensive drills well.Our forwards responded to the mid week criticism and I heard Kitey in the media say a  week or two ago that he's keen to get his starting spot back, although I can see why Des persists with Perry insofar as Perry's a pretty solid lump of a lad which goes down well in first 20 mins.

The Tigers next week will be a larger mountain to conquer but last night's run will help with the confidence.A second half fade out next week will be a dent for our finals hopes  

Your right SER8, probably just seeing us with so much open space made me feel a little sad about not having Brett their.
I'm really enjoying Farrar's positional play (very bulletish) perhaps it was a touch of nostalgia creeping in..lol

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8