If we don’t beat the Roosters, this season will be a failure.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you consider this season a failure if we lose to the Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll raise a glass to the bravery of our boys and - when we're old - we'll look back on how failure in 2021 stoked the fire that powered us to future glory.
This season there will be one winning team that raisers their glass and their winning trophy Basking in Glory

And the loser drowning in their sorrows

I hope we will be worthy of the winning team

Cheers feathered friend

This season there will be one winning team that raisers their glass and their winning trophy Basking in Glory

And the loser drowning in their sorrows

I hope we will be worthy of the winning team

Cheers feathered friend
Cheers to you too big fella.

Just between you, me and the gatepost I still have my 2007 grand final T shirt. It's tucked away safely in the back of a draw. I hardly ever wear it: not because we lost but because it's precious to me. I was and am so proud of that team for the enormous odds they overcame to make the GF that year. It was a hugely enjoyable year filled with heroic team performances and I don't know if I've ever been prouder to be a Sea Eagles supporter than I was in 2007.

In 2007 we could all see even before the GF that Des was building toward winning 2008. The team surprised Des, the supporters, and - I think - even themselves by winning through to October.

I can see a bit of 2007 in the current team and I expect to watch some great football over the next few years.

Cheers to you too big fella.

Just between you, me and the gatepost I still have my 2007 grand final T shirt. It's tucked away safely in the back of a draw. I hardly ever wear it: not because we lost but because it's precious to me. I was and am so proud of that team for the enormous odds they overcame to make the GF that year. It was a hugely enjoyable year filled with heroic team performances and I don't know if I've ever been prouder to be a Sea Eagles supporter than I was in 2007.

In 2007 we could all see even before the GF that Des was building toward winning 2008. The team surprised Des, the supporters, and - I think - even themselves by winning through to October.

I can see a bit of 2007 in the current team and I expect to watch some great football over the next few years.
I love your passion and loyalty to our legendary club feathered friend and passionate Manly people like you are an asset to our club especially if they back up their passion and become a part of the club by becoming proud club members

Like your self I will always be Loyal to our club weather we come first or second last

Manly never comes last like all the others !!!

But I will only celebrate when we are worthy to live up to our Legendary clubs high standards of being the greatest club of all and the undisputed premiership winners

If we play our best we can still make the grand final

This year has been a success because the future of the club starts looking pretty shaky if we start fighting for the spoon for several years in a row. We have signed a new sponsor and given a platform for the new players and shown them what it takes to step up at finals time

Last edited:
Could the problem be night games we’re terrible when was the last time we played a night game & won.No wonder we make more errors during night games.

Is it a fail if we lose and go out in straight sets , no.

Will it be devastating if we do , absolutely.
Spot on @Mark from Brisbane

It's funny how the importance of the top 4 also comes with expectation.
We were only in the top 4 for the last two weeks of the comp whereas the Eels were a mainstay during the season and bombed late.

We finished equal on points with the Chooks who also only had two weeks in the top 4 immediately prior to us.
Would we have the same expectation or disappointment if we were fifth or sixth?

As I said earlier the top three are just as far ahead of us as we are ahead of seventh so was our loss last week v the Storm any worse than the Chooks beating the Titans by 1?
What if the places were reversed and we had struggled to beat the Titans and the Chooks were outclassed by the Storm?
Would our expectations be the same?

It's always devastating when we lose a knock out semi but I'm sure the Panthers or Eels will be feeling a hell of a lot worse than the loser of our game, a definite missed opportunity for both.

Both us and the Chooks have overachieved this season but saying that if we play smart enough we should be too good.

We'll raise a glass to the bravery of our boys and - when we're old - we'll look back on how failure in 2021 stoked the fire that powered us to future glory.
We'll raise a glass alright, to us beating the Chooks. The future is next season...who cares !!. We have unfinished business right here right now !!

Given what we have shown this year, I will be disappointed if we don’t have a real hot go at winning it this year. At the very least, I’d like a spot in the grand final.

Spot on @Mark from Brisbane

It's funny how the importance of the top 4 also comes with expectation.
We were only in the top 4 for the last two weeks of the comp whereas the Eels were a mainstay during the season and bombed late.

We finished equal on points with the Chooks who also only had two weeks in the top 4 immediately prior to us.
Would we have the same expectation or disappointment if we were fifth or sixth?

As I said earlier the top three are just as far ahead of us as we are ahead of seventh so was our loss last week v the Storm any worse than the Chooks beating the Titans by 1?
What if the places were reversed and we had struggled to beat the Titans and the Chooks were outclassed by the Storm?
Would our expectations be the same?

It's always devastating when we lose a knock out semi but I'm sure the Panthers or Eels will be feeling a hell of a lot worse than the loser of our game, a definite missed opportunity for both.

Both us and the Chooks have overachieved this season but saying that if we play smart enough we should be too good.
The rorters are on the downslope of a successful era. They are rebuilding so there is no pressure on them. Prior to the 0-4 start did we all expect to be here now after last year. Probably yes and no considering 2019. It was more a hope and prayer that Turbo would see out a season then a maybe we could so there is pressure on us to win. However there is enormous pressure on the Riff and slime. They are in the premiership window now. A loss will be devastating to either. Storm no pressure at all and it shows. Vermin also has enormous pressure. They are in premiership window with Wayne and Reynolds gone next year. So I feel IF we can get past tonight then it's been a successful year. A GF would definitely be an over achievement BUT I'm still expecting one as all Manly supporters do every year.

Until our season is over the question is purely hypothetical. I'll give my answer when I can look at our year as a whole :)

I don't think so, I said yes before but changed it to no. We've been terrible at times, brilliant at times and average others. Just lacking consistency but on the whole this season definitely not a failure. Plus we smashed the slime twice, that's a plus.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4