If we don’t beat the Roosters, this season will be a failure.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you consider this season a failure if we lose to the Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any season where you look at your team & say they gave it all is a winner. Top 8 or 4 is a bonus. This team I am unsure of. Are they as good as we all think & under achieving or are they going as good as they can be.

There have been a few games where we have massively under achieved. Maybe we over achieved beating para.

I don't think this team have given their all. I think we are better than what we dished up against the storm this week.

It would be dissapointing, near devastating to bow out of the finals in straight sets but the season has been a remarkable success no matter which way you look at it.
Break out 1st grade debuts, sandwich overcoming his 2nd year syndrome, a young team on the rise.
Top 8 was the what I realistically expected top 4 is a pass and success for this year.

What I regard as a small failure is a player like Suli who has not progressed at this club to a standard that he is capable off. Out of all the game time he has got nowhere. What went wrong? How can we have players with so much potential and they end up acting like spoilt children. I regard that as a failure. Again what went wrong.? As far as we are capable, we have done well on a whole with most of our players.

This year has already been a success after finishing the regular season higher than we did last year
To go out in straight sets would be disappointing, If Manly can beat the Roosters its another step in the right direction
One game at a time and who knows , To gain more experience in finals then anything can happen
Why not us , This team can bounce back from a poor loss they have it done it before

I say No, I'm one who's normally like if you don't win it all then it's a fail. But as a young 19-year-old manly fan this has been one of my most enjoyable seasons. If we don't win the title it will be my favourite non-title season with 2019.

I just think that to come back from an 0-4 start to a Top 4 finish, is too historic, monumental and sometimes too underappreciated. Like what we did is insane and is etched in history and unlike some of the other historic, record-breaking moments, you cannot blame it on new rules or PVLball. It was just raw grit, perseverance, and fightback from adversity. The literal embodiment of what this whole club is built up as.

This whole season has made me proud, but NRL is about finals and winning a comp. Once we locked the 4th spot after the cowboys game I said I wanted prelims minimum and that is what I believe is always gonna happen. But if we don't, just the disappointment of it all after such a fun season, it will cut deep. But I think after a few months, or even a year or so after when we finally win that premiership, we will all know how important this season and finals series was for us for the betterment of our growth.

That being said, no giving up, we've been given a second chance, we've been embarrassed and bullied, and now we have to muster another fightback similar to our 0-4 one. And I have faith in the boys that we will.

To look at it another way, from pure numbers and ladder position it's been nowhere near a failure.

Last year we were
- 23 points behind the Minor Premiers (37pts)
- 6 points behind the Top Eight (20pts)
- 8 points ahead of last (6pts)

This year we were
- 10 points behind the Minor Premiers (44pts)
- 12 points inside the Top Eight ( 22pts - with six of the same teams as 2020 )
- 26 points ahead of last (8pts)

Note:
Both 3rd and 4th last year went out in straight sets
The Prelims were 1 v 5 and 2 v 6

What I regard as a small failure is a player like Suli who has not progressed at this club to a standard that he is capable off. Out of all the game time he has got nowhere. What went wrong? How can we have players with so much potential and they end up acting like spoilt children. I regard that as a failure. Again what went wrong?
Signing him in the first place.

The warning signs were there at the Tigers and Bulldogs. However someone at Manly (Barrett presumably) thought they could achieve something with him.

Not sure whether Des, if he had been Manly’s coach in 2018, would have offered him a contract. We will never know.

Last edited:
I'll be disappointed if we lose to the Roosters, we should be beating them given the number of outs they have. We are a better side than them.

Not sure how I'll view the season if we do bow out on Friday. You'd have to say "failure" given we ended up in the top 4 and if we do lose then we probably haven't played our best footy, so adding that to last week's effort we are getting rolled in straight sets. That's a bust IMO, we should be at least making prelim final. However if you look at where we were after 5 rounds then hard to be disappointed with how season panned out. Rather go out playing good footy though, not getting bundled out meekly

Failure is not being worthy of living up to our Legendary clubs benchmark standing of a premiership winning team and the greatest club of all

Losing to an Under strength roosters team would be a very very disappointing way to get knocked out for the count and out of Grand final contention

The moral of the story

The Glory always goes to the Winner

At the end of the year there will be one NRL winner and 15 losers

No one celebrates a loser .

Failure is not being worthy of living up to our Legendary clubs benchmark standing of a premiership winning team and the greatest club of all

Losing to an Under strength roosters team would be a very very disappointing way to get knocked out for the count and out of Grand final contention

The moral of the story

The Glory always goes to the Winner

At the end of the year there will be one NRL winner and 15 losers

No one celebrates a loser .
Gallipoli? Thermopylae?

Just pokin' the bear.

Gallipoli? Thermopylae?

Just pokin' the bear.
If you see it that way feathered friend

If Manly lose this sudden death battle

We can celebrate the death of our 2021 season and march along the corso with black armbands

What I regard as a small failure is a player like Suli who has not progressed at this club to a standard that he is capable off. Out of all the game time he has got nowhere. What went wrong? How can we have players with so much potential and they end up acting like spoilt children. I regard that as a failure. Again what went wrong.? As far as we are capable, we have done well on a whole with most of our

I think Suli's tried hard this year. With little game time he seems to have improved his weight and fitness. On the field there's no doubting his enthusiasm. Poor Moses just seems to have a poor football brain inside a great football body. He can make a blockbusting run but he can't read the opposition's attacking plays or understand what line he should be running when we're in attack. He hasn't yet mastered the art of passing the ball and I wonder if he's even aware of where his team mates are around him. In the heat of battle he seems too easily confused and flustered.

If you see it that way feathered friend

If Manly lose this sudden death battle

We can celebrate the death of our 2021 season and march along the corso with black armbands
We'll raise a glass to the bravery of our boys and - when we're old - we'll look back on how failure in 2021 stoked the fire that powered us to future glory.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2