I would like to see ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Tooves has commented on his termination with dignity, exemplifying the sort of character he is.

Now that this saga is all but run, can we have peace going forward?

It is okay for the Football Club to send a dissenting letter to members, disassociating itself with the Toovey decision.

Once the paint has dried though, it would be nice to see all parties involved with the club - Penns, Football Club, MWSE board, all united together for the good of the club and the team.

Despite the 'he says, she says' stuff and the smearing of others, both publicly and privately, surely all parties love the club, want success and on that basis should commit to working together.

Given that the Football Club reps on the main board always sided with Max and then Quantum, surely it is time to put this feud behind and look to the future.

More division etc will only cripple the club - the Penns are not going away and have six million reasons why they also would like success.

Don't hold your breath. Who will have the guts to extend the olive branch ? and if it is will the other side have the maturity to accept it ??

This article has great merit in what we want to see happen moving forward.

It can only happen if some good old fashioned honesty and manners prevails from the club.

The evident undermining of our coach has really damaged our brand and the continuous leaks to the media have compounded it.

Moving forward we need the club to be a tight ship where problems are discussed and dealt with internally without what I have mentioned.

Never again shall individuals put themselves above the club as we have seen way too much of this.

Our board has been a dysfunctional rabble for too long and 2015 has been the tipping point in ending a great era on the field.

The decisions have been made, we have 6 weeks of this season to go and the players will do their best to send Toovey out with the honour and respect he deserves.

When the new coach starts, we need to give him and his staff a chance to get things moving. Right now there is great emotion that we all feel but end of the day all we want is the club to be at the top.

The challenge is that we move forward united or we are back to where we are now!

2015 is the last year of a Manly Warringah District, Manly Football Club. We generational Fans will fall by the wayside and the community based footy club will continue to disappear.:(

Next year will be a whole group of imports and an outsider as the Coach.

I hope some of the Manly juniors are given a chance at being a one Team player in the future , like 2v, Beaver , Snake and Chez@:cool:

I would like to see everyone involved, regardless of where they sit, to do what is best for the club not what is best for their own interests. People have to stop killing the club with their own agendas and do what is best for hte club.

Well what is "best for the club"? Are the owners not doing what they think is best? They brought in Bozo to overhaul the place based on their thinking that it was needed to position them for another decade of dominance so this is the result.

There are no more battles. The owners will do as they please and hire and fire as they wish. You can get on board with it and enjoy what the future brings or reminisce about the past and get left behind...

I do agree with the moving on.

Today is one of the darkest days in recent history, but as I have continuously said " the war has been won" , I don't like what's happened but to the victor goes the spoils.

Even after saying that I'm Manly4Life, I'll still be cheering in 2016, and will wish TB well, and if Penn sacks ZtH ( highly unlikely ) I'd consider renewing my membership, if not then they can go EAD for all
I care ( in a financial sense).

Well what is "best for the club"? Are the owners not doing what they think is best? They brought in Bozo to overhaul the place based on their thinking that it was needed to position them for another decade of dominance so this is the result.

There are no more battles. The owners will do as they please and hire and fire as they wish. You can get on board with it and enjoy what the future brings or reminisce about the past and get left behind...

The damage taken to get there was immense both to supporters of the club and those on the "other side"

2015 is the last year of a Manly Warringah District, Manly Football Club. We generational Fans will fall by the wayside and the community based footy club will continue to disappear.:(

I hope some of the Manly juniors are given a chance at being a one Team player in the future , like 2v, Beaver , Snake and Chez@:cool:
triple agree

I think our brand is strong enough and the fans love of the Sea Eagles is deep enough that we can bounce back from this.

If 17 players and a coaching staff show the same passion for maroon and white and are prepared to bleed for us all, the fans will come around. If results go downhill or this is just a job for the coach, that's when things will get ugly.

I thought I would never get over the day that Bozo left and when Manly ceased to exist due to SuperGreed, my heart died. Fortunately Manly, like a phoenix, rose from the ashes.

Given that the Football Club reps on the main board always sided with Max and then Quantum...
This begs the questions: Why was it so? Why didn't the Penns have fc support? Why didn't the Penns support the fc? Why did no one agree with the Penns?
Was it because they thought that they alone have recieved divine guidance in running a NRL franchise?
I hope that I am wrong here, but I am not looking forward to the situation where the guy with the fashionable stubble decides to help Barrett with team selection... (On the basis that he now has RLW and Big League home delivered!

Last edited:
The next big battle we face will be to try and keep our team at Brookie.
Just for the record Ryan. My post wasn't based on vindictiveness due to Toovey's sacking...let's just wait and see.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Like when Lowe arrived 20-odd years ago, with a heap of imports? I'm not sure I support that this similar episode would mean the disappearance of the Football Club as a factor, given the non-issue example from the past.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4