I would like to see ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like when Lowe arrived 20-odd years ago, with a heap of imports? I'm not sure I support that this similar episode would mean the disappearance of the Football Club as a factor, given the non-issue example from the past.
Big point of difference is that Manly ex Players were totally in charge as Board Members of both LC and FC back in Lowe's tenure.

Now its business people with no ties to our District @:cool:

So your comparison is not valid.

The Northern Eagles era is closer to what will transpire from 2016. Disenfranchised Fans and a Team that may be rebranded to meet financial goals @:rolleyes:

But each to their own.

I'm happy to retire from financially supporting the Franchise like I did in 1999 @:cool:
The seven years it took for the new Franchise to represent what I deem to be my local Club, was worth the wait. Two years later I witnessed another Manly Premiership :inlove:

I'm still going to support the team and will give my best wishes to TB for taking us forward.

But, I think seeing what I saw today those bastards can whistle Dixie for my $300 in Country Memberships next season.

Who cares about bloody pins.

When and if they sack ZtH, I'll buy back in , until then , financially , they can EAD!!

Like when Lowe arrived 20-odd years ago, with a heap of imports? I'm not sure I support that this similar episode would mean the disappearance of the Football Club as a factor, given the non-issue example from the past.

That was when we got the nickname "Maori Warringah" because Lowe, a Kiwi, brought in the Iro brothers, Matthew Ridge and (for 1990 only) Adrian Shelford. Plus we already had Darrell Williams.

That was when we got the nickname "Maori Warringah" because Lowe, a Kiwi, brought in the Iro brothers, Matthew Ridge and (for 1990 only) Adrian Shelford. Plus we already had Darrell Williams.
And when Lowe signed Ridge, he had no idea at all Ridge could kick goals. What a bonus!

And when Lowe signed Ridge, he had no idea at all Ridge could kick goals. What a bonus!

That was because when he was with the All Blacks he was just the back up kicker as Grant Fox had the AB's goal kicking role all sewn up. And it must be said he was also the AB's back up fullback because John Gallagher, rugby's World Player of the year in 1989, was the first choice #15.

Ridge signed with Manly because he faced a few years before being able to take Gallagher's position. Ironically Gallagher signed with Leeds less than a week after we signed Ridge, though Ridge made a much better league player than Gallagher did.

Very good for us. Ridge was a fearless fullback and ended up with a 79.63% goal kicking success rate at Manly (477/599) and I wish we were able to keep him past 1996. Craig Hancock was ok at FB in 1997 until he got injured, but Shannon Nevin was never really up to first grade standard. And his goal kicking was definitely a step down from Ridge. Nevin only kicked 52/83 in his time at Manly (62.65%), though Craig Field was actually our kicker for 1997 until Nevin came in. Field sucked in every way and not just as a halfback lol. He only kicked 31/60 (51.67%) that year. And we've been known to criticise Killer's goal kicking at times.........

That was because when he was with the All Blacks he was just the back up kicker as Grant Fox had the AB's goal kicking role all sewn up. And it must be said he was also the AB's back up fullback because John Gallagher, rugby's World Player of the year in 1989, was the first choice #15.

Ridge signed with Manly because he faced a few years before being able to take Gallagher's position. Ironically Gallagher signed with Leeds less than a week after we signed Ridge, though Ridge made a much better league player than Gallagher did.

Very good for us. Ridge was a fearless fullback and ended up with a 79.63% goal kicking success rate at Manly (477/599) and I wish we were able to keep him past 1996. Craig Hancock was ok at FB in 1997 until he got injured, but Shannon Nevin was never really up to first grade standard. And his goal kicking was definitely a step down from Ridge. Nevin only kicked 52/83 in his time at Manly (62.65%), though Craig Field was actually our kicker for 1997 until Nevin came in. Field sucked in every way and not just as a halfback lol. He only kicked 31/60 (51.67%) that year. And we've been known to criticise Killer's goal kicking at times.........
I seem to remember Ivan Cleary kicking goals for us around those times as well. It might have just been when Ridge was injured.

Cleary played 2 games in 1992 and when Ridge got injured halfway through 1993 he got called up from reserve grade to play fullback and be our goal kicker. He went ok kicking 47/67 (70.15%), but he realised that with Ridge back from injury in 1994 he'd be back in reserve grade so signed with Norths instead.

Unfortunately for Ivan, a pre-season injury in 1994 saw him miss the first 7 weeks and when he came back he had to play in the centres because of the emergence of Matt Seers. And he wasn't the goal kicker because they had signed Jason Taylor from Wests. At the end of 1995 when Rorters coach Phil Gould offered him what he wanted, the chance to play fullback and be the first choice kicker he jumped at the chance.

Last edited:

At that time, from memory, a goal kicking percentage in the 60s was the norm, so Ridge's 80% was outstanding.

I would like to see the Penns get themselves a PR manager.
They just have to stop handling themselves!

Didn't do themselves any favours yesterday. Up to that point I was going to give them a chance , but that circus,the statement, the obvious gloating of ZtH , well that's done me.

Ill still cheer, ill still attend the occasional game but I won't be spending a cent to line their back pockets.

Didn't do themselves any favours yesterday. Up to that point I was going to give them a chance , but that circus,the statement, the obvious gloating of ZtH , well that's done me.

Ill still cheer, ill still attend the occasional game but I won't be spending a cent to line their back pockets.
Who is going to pay for any new recruits ???

We thought the board room antics would have dissipated when the Penn's took full control but its dragged onto now with the sacking of Toov's and don't believe it will end till all involved in the majority share have everything in place to how they see it and want it
The only way to make it disappear into the background is to be winning
So TB will need to get results straight away i believe or he will be on a hiding to nothing

The salary cap comes from the NRL, the Penns don't pay for players.
Losing 2V is very disappointing but I will continue to support the club that I love with the same passion and commitment as I always have
manly-sea-eagles.png

I felt that way until yesterday

When ZtH has been sacked, I'll be back, until then they can go jump!
I felt sick in the stomach just like you did . We have lost many greats and have gone through great tragedy such as going bankrupt and the Northern eagles saga but the Spirit of our great Manly Sea eagles club Surpasses all this and remains Superior and I want to be part of it through thick and thin because our past history has shown us that we always prevail in times of adversity
At the end of the day it's us against them ( Broncos Rabbits Bulldogs etc)
Birds of a feather stick together !!!
11009352_779790365474502_7310401877630997394_n.jpg

Who is going to pay for any new recruits ???
I am hearing the club is struggling, due to poor management from the past retention committee and payouts etc. I know there are players the club wants but its the $$$$ to afford them. I can't wait for the club to get back on top, hopefully its going in the right direction now

I am hearing the club is struggling, due to poor management from the past retention committee and payouts etc.
Haven't I heard that excuse before? Are they setting up for a "forgettable" 2016? Cant disagree with "poor management".
No more excuses Scotty - make it happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4