Hunt ahead of DCE according to NRL fans!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Apparently Hunt is better than DCE and the only thing DCE has going for him is his premiership. This gets me so angry because DCE is so much better than him, here's the factors I think are unfair to DCE not playing rep footy in the future:
-Where manly sits on the ladder
-He saved his career (ditched the drugos)
-Doesn't suit thurstons game
-Contract and off field issues
-On going shoulder injury
-Just because broncos have played well this year hunt is considered better
-One inconsistent year and DCE isn't worthy
-Every one hates him for no reason
Yet after all this unfair bias Queensland opinion he has won 3 motm awards without Kieran this year and has been in my opinion a big part of our late season revival. Even johns has said it and fitter he is one of the top 10 best players in the comp and one of the top 3 halfbacks in the comp.

They both have strengths and weaknesses.

I have to say that DCE has disappointed me since a bumper debut season. He was outstanding in 2011, and ran into great form at the back end of 2013, but outside of that window, he has failed to live up to the hype IMO.

He has all the skills, but I fear that he may have bought into the hype a little himself, and it has affected his ability to focus on the task at hand; play good consistent football.

Hunt has done the reverse, and took a while to get going, but has developed consistency in his game, and although you could say he is doing behind a very good Bronco's pack, he was doing it last year when Brisbane just scraped into the finals.

Yeap of course there going to pick hunt over DCE, cause of the position on the ladder.

Wouldn't surprise me if half the votes are brisbane fans.

Being objective over this season Hunt haa been a lot more consistent. To be fair he has a winning pack of forwards and a brilliant 5/8 out side of him something that DCE didn't get this season. I expect him to be lethal in 2016 now that he can focus on his game and improve on his role of finishing off sets and games.

Cherry is the third best halfback for Qld at the moment.

Cherry is behind only behind JT and Cronk when it comes to Aussie halfbacks (I'd say, though Kiwis would disagree, that he is the equal of Johnson). But he is definitely ahead of Hunt. Hell, I'd say even Michael Morgan is ahead of Hunt.

You have to remember that Hunt has played most of the year behind a winning forward pack. Put DCE at halfback of this years Donkeys and they would hardly ever lose. And add that to the fact that 90% of Queenslanders won't forgive DCE for turning his back on the state to remain at Manly (when in reality he only turned his back on the Coke Coast club), and of course they would say Hunt is ahead of him. Also, Hunt hasn't had to go through in Brisbane what DCE and the rest of the Sea Eagles have had to put up with this year.

Last edited:
DCE is a better player.
Huht has been on better form this year.
Hopefully DCE will be injury free next year and doesn't have to worry about his contract. Get back to playing good footy

DCE over hunt any day of the week

Behind a crapola pack DCE has done well most games this year. 2 or three average ones come to mind but overall he always was our best half.

Hunt is a stock standard half that does the little things well and works ok to game plan. DCE can bust a game on his own.

Cherry is the third best halfback for Qld at the moment.
Fourth best for Qld if you included Thurston as a half alongside Cronk and Hunt. Which would rate him the fourth best halfback in the game right now, on form.

But what halfback has rated highly when playing behind a beaten pack? Kevin Junee springs to mind - when he was playing for Easts. But that was way back in the 60s and early 70s.

DCE's most underrated value is his long kicking game. Many a time this year Manly's forwards were dominated, but DCE got us out of trouble with his long kicks. DCE falls behind Cronk and Hunt with bombs from near halfway. But his short kicks (say 20 metres out) are usually pretty good.

Going off 2015 it's easy to come that conclusion. However facts are DCE is playing behind one of the worst performing packs in the NRL in 2015.

Time and momentum in attack is everything for a half and both he and KF have been starved of it the last two seasons.

The shoulder injury hasn't helped either. With off season surgery and training based around him as the dominant half and better forward pack lets see what 2016 brings.

Besides DCE is ours so Hunt can f**k off, i can be biased can't I? ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4