How long do you give Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the general consensus is Toovey is ****ed, its just the depth of the ****ing and the speed of which the ****ing will take place.

@mickqld gives him 4 weeks, others the end of the year, others by Origin 1

How many thinks he'll be here next year and the year after??

He'll make the end of the year: if we make decent showing of the season he may get to coach in 2016, if we miss the 8 he's exactly zero chance.

I'd almost say that nothing short of a premiership will save his job now.

There's no doubt they'll cop a pasting in their marketing / membership / attendance anyway, if they sack Toovey that would double.....they'll probably wait until we don't make the 8 and then step in and slide that knife right through his heart.

I bet there's one board member who will take personal joy in that!!

Which is a sad state of affairs. That a board member will gleefully axe a head coach who is a Manly hero.. Dafuq is the world coming to?

Which is a sad state of affairs. That a board member will gleefully axe a head coach who is a Manly hero.. Dafuq is the world coming to?

Position & Power is a crazy thing mate, people get it and it just goes to their heads.

The board member in question would be feeling ultra powerful at present, he has a whipping boy in Kelly, his seat on the board without reproach, and a list of revenge's to carry out.

Let the good times roll!!

I think it is probably unfair to conjecture on the Penns doing the wrong thing by our NRL license, but run a place into the ground, lose your leading players, miss paying important bills and the club and the preference share would be worthless. The NRL could then step in on almost any terms if it wanted. I loved Major League too, so hopefully no one is that wicked.

I am furious about the article in the DT criticising Toovey as a coach and as a person. Those leaks have traditionally come from one source and guess who is back playing payback? If it comes out that this is fact and it is the way the current management believes is appropriate with a club legend then they have lost me forever while they are associated with the club.

I know it may seem totally crazy but I want a Manly coach to have played at the club. All the blow-in names don't cut it for me.

I think it is probably unfair to conjecture on the Penns doing the wrong thing by our NRL license, but run a place into the ground, lose your leading players, miss paying important bills and the club and the preference share would be worthless. The NRL could then step in on almost any terms if it wanted. I loved Major League too, so hopefully no one is that wicked.

I am furious about the article in the DT criticising Toovey as a coach and as a person. Those leaks have traditionally come from one source and guess who is back playing payback? If it comes out that this is fact and it is the way the current management believes is appropriate with a club legend then they have lost me forever while they are associated with the club.

I know it may seem totally crazy but I want a Manly coach to have played at the club. All the blow-in names don't cut it for me.
Bloody well said!

Yes my conjecture was probably unnecessary, but one can't but help feeling this way when one of our favourite sons is seemingly getting shafted before our very eyes, and the owners are letting it happen!!

Which means they are complicit in the reasons for it!

My apologies @ManlyBacker if my ravings have caused any offense to you, my "end game" scenario is just ramblings and 110% unlikely.......well maybe 99.9% unlikely.

No worries BUT I have been rambling a bit!!

I'm just so friggin stirred up at what I perceive is the treatment to one of our greatest players and favourite sons.

If he can coach BUT can't manage people, get him a people person that follows in his footsteps.

Let him work on the tactics, coach the players, but leave the people management to others!!

Mate I'm fully aware of the relationship with the FC, I've been a member of both for ten years .

BUT this wouldn't be about, moving the club, changing the colours etc etc this would purely be about selling back the licence to the NRL.

It's not in any way news, rumour, speculation, it's just a possibility and as I say I " wonder if that's not their real end game "

If you listen to the 10 year plan , no it's not.

But in just a few weeks they have let a once great club become a shambles, so maybe, just maybe it's possible.

The nrl licence for manly is inextricably linked to the members constitution. So unless the members vote in the affirmative with this hypothetical move, it is 100% a moot point. Penn could have all the discussion in the world with the NRL but it would be a waste of time.

@lurker is correct. Without the vote, we cannot move. Everything else is irrelevant unless the members vote. And I can't see one single member voting to move.

I'm just so friggin stirred up at what I perceive is the treatment to one of our greatest players and favourite sons.

If he can coach BUT can't manage people, get him a people person that follows in his footsteps.

Let him work on the tactics, coach the players, but leave the people management to others!!

Apply beer to mouth @Mark from Brisbane

It's going to be alright:)

paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-meme-generator-they-won-t-get-to-me-i-m-safe-in-here-a6fb9b.jpg

Some would think that "people person" is so good he's taking our people.

Time to light a fire, throw on a couple of snags, sit back and crack open a sixer of Boags.

Time to light a fire, throw on a couple of snags, sit back and crack open a sixer of Boags.

I'm in Brisbane at present off for a bit next week, so ill have to suffer another game and the aftermath on ST, but yep, that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Nothing more relaxing , than an open fire , the stars, couple of cold beers and a simple BBQ on the hot plate I carry, or of its a steak on the baby Weber Q!'

This is living!

I'm in Brisbane at present off for a bit next week, so ill have to suffer another game and the aftermath on ST, but yep, that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Nothing more relaxing , than an open fire , the stars, couple of cold beers and a simple BBQ on the hot plate I carry, or of its a steak on the baby Weber Q!'

This is living!
Ok, I need to plan a camping trip now, you are making me jealous.

Ok, I need to plan a camping trip now, you are making me jealous.

We were planning six months away this year but sadly my son in law is battling cancer.

He's just 37, last year it was colo rectal, and he's on a colostomy bag for life now, but the bastards back, this time in the Liver.

He's already had one operation but needs another, so we have to travel fairly short distances away to be there to help with their young family .

But yes I do love my red dirt , stars and open fires

We were planning six months away this year but sadly my son in law is battling cancer.

He's just 37, last year it was colo rectal, and he's on a colostomy bag for life now, but the bastards back, this time in the Liver.

He's already had one operation but needs another, so we have to travel fairly short distances away to be there to help with their young family .

But yes I do love my red dirt , stars and open fires
Mate that's terrible news, very sorry to hear that and hope he beats it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7