How long do you give Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We were planning six months away this year but sadly my son in law is battling cancer.

He's just 37, last year it was colo rectal, and he's on a colostomy bag for life now, but the bastards back, this time in the Liver.

He's already had one operation but needs another, so we have to travel fairly short distances away to be there to help with their young family .

But yes I do love my red dirt , stars and open fires
I'm green with envy. Sorry to hear about your son in law Mark. Hope he pulls through,

We were planning six months away this year but sadly my son in law is battling cancer.

He's just 37, last year it was colo rectal, and he's on a colostomy bag for life now, but the bastards back, this time in the Liver.

He's already had one operation but needs another, so we have to travel fairly short distances away to be there to help with their young family .

But yes I do love my red dirt , stars and open fires

My thoughts are with you @Mark from Brisbane . That is very sad, and I hope for the best for all involved. Hope you all stay positive and relaxed.

Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Tooves. Growing up I watched him Captain Manly and excel at the highest level possible, and play well above his weight. He is the toughest player I have ever seen play the game.

I love having him "around" the organisation; he is loved by the fans and he is still "close by". It's sad when great players retire and are lost to the club, spending years in the wilderness as "just another player" in our proud history.

I think the problem he facing now, concerns the fact that he has no "pull" with the current administration. Des helped rebuild the club, took us to a GF in 07, took out the competition in 08, and continued to find success. He was in a position where he had the board at his mercy; when he no longer had them at his mercy, he walked away.

The board wrestled back control when Toovey took over, and they'll be damned if they'll relinquish it again. So they fail to offer a club legend a contract, and the **** hits the fan. The vibe turns sour, players turn against each other, and the joint just isn't fun anymore. Poor old Toovey is stuck in the middle of the various factions, making his job extremely difficult, and we get to where we are today.

My greatest concern is that the damage has already been done, and Toovey's position is now untenable.

Sorry 2 hear that Mark pass my best wishes on 2 your son in law I wish him and all your family the best.

Thanks everyone, this has in fact been going in for two years now.

Mick's a mad Panthers fan, and he and Alice ( my youngest daughter) have two beautiful boys, 6 & 4, a lot to live for!!

Sadly once it gets to the Liver its a less than 50% chance he will survive.

We are going through hell at the minute but we will get there!

I haven't really wanted to say much about it on Silvertails but couldn't help myself today as was feeling a bit " down"

Mark we are all with you mate! I can see why you are so pissed with the club now its horrible all this negative garbage, but nothing compared to your plight. Tell Mick we are pushing whatever positive vibes we can his way. And tell him the Panthers are going ok because of Manly legends like Kite and Cleary ha ha. Thoughts are with you mate.

Be lucky to last a week if we get pumped again this weeked.

100% gone by Origin 1
And who will replace him? Better not be a blow in. They never work in our clubs culture. Stick with Toovs. **** Zorba

why do people keep saying he got hung out to dry yesterday? the club made an official statement that they had no knowledge of a foran deal and thought they were still negotiating? So how did he get hung out?
Are you stupid? Two weeks in a row he gets made to look dumb on that show?

No! manly has only ever been coached by 2 people that didn't play for the club and never to a premiership. it doesn't work. PS steve folkes is ****
That is the 2nd comment ...... you are an idiot.

If Tooves goes as coach it should only be to replace that silly bean counter Kelly. Yes I know Tooves also by trade is a bean counter however he is one that has proven leadership skills unlike Kelly

I've said as much in several posts lately. I have real fears that this is their objective. Everything that has happened with the leagues club, the takeover, development plans at Brookie & now dumping of players can only point to 1 conclusion. This could the biggest sellout in sporting history.
Bang on. I am with you on this one. I have actually thought this for awhile. I like a good conspiracy theory. However, what is going on stinks. No serious management of this club could have done such a bad job unless it was deliberate.

Position & Power is a crazy thing mate, people get it and it just goes to their heads.

The board member in question would be feeling ultra powerful at present, he has a whipping boy in Kelly, his seat on the board without reproach, and a list of revenge's to carry out.

Let the good times roll!!
I hate that fat prick. He walks past my seats in the Jane Try stand every game like his **** doesn't stink ..... my kids laugh at that fat tub of lard and his bad hair job.

I'll believe that Tooves job is safe until the moment the club releases a statement saying he has the full support of the board.

Then he might as well start packing for no coach in history has ever survived a public backing by a club board.

I will continue to support Manly regardless who is coach (unless it was Ricky Stuart, but I don't think it'll ever come to that). But damn there is something wrong if the board thinks that Nathan Brown is going to do any better. I'd rather we drag Bozo or Graham Lowe out of retirement than have Brown as our coach.....

We are Manly and have a history of strength built from within. Some will accept any outsider so long as we win. I won't. So many great coaches have filled that brief - the last two included (Hasler & Tooves).

There MUST be this historical continuation. I am proud of our club's heritage and achievements, and want that to continue. Put up any candidate who fills that criteria then I will go for it. Until then I'm backing Tooves.

I hate that fat prick. He walks past my seats in the Jane Try stand every game like his **** doesn't stink ..... my kids laugh at that fat tub of lard and his bad hair job.
Kids are good judges mate. I first met him 40 years ago and I've got the same opinion.

So the general consensus is Toovey is ****ed, its just the depth of the ****ing and the speed of which the ****ing will take place.

@mickqld gives him 4 weeks, others the end of the year, others by Origin 1

How many thinks he'll be here next year and the year after??
Surely, these ****s in charge can't be so stupid as to get rid of Toovey so soon after they have ****ed everything else up? If they do ..... BURN the ****en house down. March in the streets. Even suggesting someone like Nathan Brown or as some other dumb arse on this site suggested Steve Folkes or anyone with non Manly ties could coach Manly is ridiculous. NO WAY. It is not our way. Our culture will die. It won't work and never has.

I think it is probably unfair to conjecture on the Penns doing the wrong thing by our NRL license, but run a place into the ground, lose your leading players, miss paying important bills and the club and the preference share would be worthless. The NRL could then step in on almost any terms if it wanted. I loved Major League too, so hopefully no one is that wicked.

I am furious about the article in the DT criticising Toovey as a coach and as a person. Those leaks have traditionally come from one source and guess who is back playing payback? If it comes out that this is fact and it is the way the current management believes is appropriate with a club legend then they have lost me forever while they are associated with the club.

I know it may seem totally crazy but I want a Manly coach to have played at the club. All the blow-in names don't cut it for me.
What these guys are doing is straight out of Hollywood .... ever seen that movie "Major League"?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8