• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was surprised Jorge's staying (though its only for one year) as it seems like he's been at Manly forever. Then I looked it up and he's about to turn 30, so fair enough, he'll be a handy back-up.

Jorge is in his 10th season and seems to be well liked in the playing group.

He’s a more than reliable backup and a good depth signing.

Being in his 10th season I’m pretty sure the club gets salary cap relief for Jorge’s contract
They would. I’d assume he’s costing next to nothing. Good signing for a handy backup with lots of experience/ great for club culture.

From the NRL website

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Not sure if that 200k is per player or total for the whole top 30 - either way Jorge isn't costing much. Just not sure how he'd fit in the regular season VLandys era

I was surprised Jorge's staying (though its only for one year) as it seems like he's been at Manly forever. Then I looked it up and he's about to turn 30, so fair enough, he'll be a handy back-up.
It's fair to say he's realistically got up to 3 seasons left, with not playing much footy over the last 2 seasons probably feels fresh and may want to go on longer.

He was a standout in the few games we played at Blacktown. He actually made a pretty good centre and surprisingly had quite slick hands and an ability to put his winger away.
He has always had great hands (except catching bombs), lots of nice deft passing between him and Matai, and I remember him catching bad passes at his feet and still running in to score.

From the NRL website

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Not sure if that 200k is per player or total for the whole top 30 - either way Jorge isn't costing much. Just not sure how he'd fit in the regular season VLandys era
Fairly certain the 200k is for the whole club, and I would say it already goes to Cherry

He has always had great hands (except catching bombs), lots of nice deft passing between him and Matai, and I remember him catching bad passes at his feet and still running in to score.
I always say he catches fine if moving forward, it's when he is still under the ball he has trouble.

I like that DES has him at centre. Pretty sure he mainly lined up in the backrower at Wentworthville before developing Maroon and White blood. Another bench utility is not out of the question.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4