• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have a sad feeling that Jorge has played his last game for Manly. I'd say he is unlikely to be signed for next year unfortunately. So just wanted to say thanks for all the memories Horhay, you have been a great clubman and one of my favourite players. Always humble and always giving a 100%. Not many better finishers down a skinny edge from 10m out. Absolute workhorse bringing the ball out from our end. Lethal weapon in defence, with some memorable hits over the years. All the best with whatever the next chapter is in your life.

163 games - makes him our second most capped winger behind Craig Hancock
87 tries - that's 5th all time for Manly and the most by any Manly winger

I wish him all the best and thank him for all he has done if it's his last year with Manly (even if it's not).

Possibly a testament to his humbleness that he hasn't play in first grade for us for ages and the media haven't run 100 articles on the situation, whereas I read that 'origin star' napa will be cut from the dogs, etc.

Great finisher from 5-10 metres out. I'd usually start cheering then as Jorge (pronounced George, according to Jorge) would get over the line.

As c&c posted above:

-they are mighty fine stats for our quietly spoken winger.

Good luck Jorge!

Yep one of my favorite players in his time Jorge. Great finisher in traffic and his hits were incredible. But disappointed he’s not been given a run against some of the lesser teams at the back end. Could have been given a bench spot at least. All the best Jorge.

Massive respect to this bloke - if it was based on heart and guts, would be near first picked every week....the game has sped up and his tired legs and busted body are simply off the pace the past year or 2.
Some of his fierce defensive shots had me confused with the hitman Steve "shoulders" Matai, which is a compliment of the highest order.
Doubt the powerful winger will again play NRL footy, but would love nothing more than to see him amongst it and part of any success that comes our way,,,,a lap of honour with the team on GF day would be a fitting moment imo and could be the perfect way to pull down the curtain on a great career.

Great career for us for many years, sad if he is leaving but all careers must end. Would be a good useful pickup for the Roosters. I think they could revive him

He is also one of my favourite players so share the sentiments of the OP. It's a real shame that injuries have cruelled the back end of his time with us because it would have been nice to see him get the century of tries he deserves. He's also had the worst type of injuries for a winger - shoulder and knee. There goes mobility under the high ball and speed. It's really hampered his performance and as a result, has been replaced by younger, fitter and faster youth.

He and Josh Mansour were the trailblazers for the Brian To'o's of today's game. Nuggety types that work their backsides off out of yardage. Jorge was the best of them. Sure, wingers have always helped but not with the same purpose and work rate of Taufua.

A fan favourite and club legend.

I have a sad feeling that Jorge has played his last game for Manly. I'd say he is unlikely to be signed for next year unfortunately. So just wanted to say thanks for all the memories Horhay, you have been a great clubman and one of my favourite players. Always humble and always giving a 100%. Not many better finishers down a skinny edge from 10m out. Absolute workhorse bringing the ball out from our end. Lethal weapon in defence, with some memorable hits over the years. All the best with whatever the next chapter is in your life.

The original Brian Toho our hitman 'Jukebox' 🦅 🏆

Last edited:
With Suli gone we should keep him as back up on a low wage if no other club picks him up. I know we have some youngsters but it always handy to have a player with experience.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8