Hopoate getting cold feet about eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MWSE said:
A News Ltd. article today said that Hoppa Jr. didn't have a get out clause in his contract.

The same paper that reported he had a clause that invovled Jamil being at the club?

Get out or no get-out, he should stay. I know a lot of our fans felt misled when he went to Parra, but he is still a young man with a lot of credibility. That would dissipate quickly if he left just to go to a stronger team.

That's right. If he is a man of integrity, he'll see out the 2 years of his rich contract.

Then he can run out of the joint back to Manly where he belongs for the 2016 season! We should have room to move (maybe) by then and have money to offer a sizeable contract.

Looks like the rumors are getting stronger about Jr walking out on the slime deal. Would love to see him back at brookie but realistically I don't think we can afford him. More likely to end up at the scumdawgs, vermin or the rorters.

Here is the link to the latest article on Hoppa Jr.

Josh Massoud and James Hooper
The Daily Telegraph
October 11, 2013 12:00AM

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/william-hopoates-parramatta-deal-in-jeopardy-after-eels-committ-to-jason-taylor-as-coach/story-e6frf3ou-1226737048182#ixzz2hSkjInZ6

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/william-hopoates-parramatta-deal-in-jeopardy-after-eels-committ-to-jason-taylor-as-coach/story-e6frf3ou-1226737048182

Young Hoppa will do what his old man tells him to do. The worms have the cash and there is no way the dirty dogs or vermin can afford him under the cap.

to me,if arthur stays at Manly,then he could come home,common,if the Roosters can get what they want to keep SBW,why cant they help us,yeah I know,stupid question

The money that the Eels are paying him is way above what most other clubs are willing to pay him, so unless he's prepared to take a massive pay cut, I'd say he'll stick with the Eels.

Nothing would surprise me, in regards to what Will may or may not do. He signed with the Eels solely due to the money and the impact it was to have on his whole family. The Roosters and Rabbits can't afford him and after the T-Rex debacle, I don't think the Dogs board would be willing to risk his $800K fee. The Arthur angle was probably legitimate but, I still doubt he'll switch.

What it really gets down to is... The money or the impact on the career. Best case for us is, he stays with the eels for the 2 years. After that he'll be ready to get as far away from there as possible. With any luck, Darcy will be looking to come back and we can start getting the band back together.

Hopoate's decision to join the Eels was short sighted. But pretty much typical. Just like T-Rex, his family put their 2 cents in and he took their advice. Not that I'm sad T-Rex went. We are well rid of him.

The benefit of playing at a strong club is too often underestimated by players. The fact that Hoppa got 800K a year should not have been his only consideration. Apart from actually enjoying your football, on field success can lead to post football careers in the media etc.

I'd be surprised if someone who went for the coin will take a pay cut.

If he somehow ends up at the Rooters, Schubert should lose his job.

Talk is that as well as the dogs, the bunnies are interested in young Hoppa. Would love him back but where would we fit him with Hiku and Gutherson coming through. Besides that Manly just doesnt have the money to outlay I would suspect. How the dogs and rabbits could afford him is anyone's guess. So unless one of our majors retires, we're out of the bidding I'd say.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
simon64 said:
If he somehow ends up at the Rooters, Schubert should lose his job.
He should lose it anyway. In fact he should have lost it ages ago.

Good point SER8. After the purple Scum managed to hide their breaches for so long, he is clearly incompetent.

And wasn't it a whistle blower that first bought things to light ? Investigative gold right there.

Peter C said:
He will have to take a paycut to go to the Dogs, will he do that?,onsidering he has to take care of his whole family.
They knock on my door & tell me money is the root of all evil.
So, Will should go back to Manly & play for food.

TokyoEagle said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Peter C said:
He will have to take a paycut to go to the Dogs, will he do that?,onsidering he has to take care of his whole family.
They knock on my door & tell me money is the root of all evil.
So, Will should go back to Manly & play for food.
Money is the root of all evil, and the church has a collection plate that they pass around every week.

Money is only the root of all evil if you don't have any.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4