Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I suspect Des included Tom in that 7 and if he did that would probably mean Olakau’atu isn't on that list. Des said " we came into the trial with seven players OUT'...he didn't say we "rested 7".

I haven't seen Ola's name mentioned anywhere this year.
Have seen him in some of the training shots but can’t imagine he would be one of the ones rested. So he is either carrying an injury or is out of favour.

I suspect Des included Tom in that 7 and if he did that would probably mean Olakau’atu isn't on that list. Des said " we came into the trial with seven players OUT'...he didn't say we "rested 7".

Yes possibly, it just seemed strange to say he rested Tom when we all know he is out until round four.

Probably wishful thinking on my part.

From 'The Mole'

NOT BROKEN NEWS!!! Cade Cust has been cleared of a broken thumb at
@SeaEagles
. Good news as he will start season at hooker - officials feared he would miss 6-8 weeks after coming off early on the weekend!
Ahh great! I've gone and posted on a number of threads banging on about our depleted depth at hooker and now I see this. Couldn't you have given me a heads up?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Snake, but I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news.
Mate I have a feeling Croker will surprise. Playing in & concentrating on one position will help. He’s a pretty good defender, has a good kicking game, has a good passing game & isn’t slow. His job will be to not worry about game management & just concentrate on good service from dummy half with the extra benefit of a good kicking game which can only aid both DCE & Foran! I’m actually looking forward to see how he goes. We need to forget about Manase until the time is right. Let’s give Croker a chance.....I’m banking on pretty good return.

I think he's the man we need. We are sorely missing an enforcer. Our forward pack (other than Jake) is good but very soft, especially in defence. No one really strikes fear into the opposition. We need someone to bring in some aggression and I think Ola is the man to do it with hard hits and even harder runs. I hope he is given the chance.

Even if out of favour surely he gets a run yesterday, every man and his dog got a run.
Mitch - with your contacts - can you or someone do some slewthing about Olakau’atu ie injury or out of favour? As you said - everyone bar the hot dog vendor got a run yesterday and that was only because he tore his hammy racing the Hot Chip dude up the Corso on Saturday night! Surely Ola must be injured??? I honestly thought he was a certainty for the side this year. I just watched some highlights from 2019 - he chipped over the top - regathered - then put in a grubber for a try. This big man and he is a monster has serious serious talent.

Mitch - with your contacts - can you or someone do some slewthing about Olakau’atu ie injury or out of favour? As you said - everyone bar the hot dog vendor got a run yesterday and that was only because he tore his hammy racing the Hot Chip dude up the Corso on Saturday night! Surely Ola must be injured??? I honestly thought he was a certainty for the side this year. I just watched some highlights from 2019 - he chipped over the top - regathered - then put in a grubber for a try. This big man and he is a monster has serious serious talent.
Both @Snake and @maxta mentioned that he’s injured but would be available for Rd 1 mate. We’ll know by next Tuesday whether he is out of favour or not!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4