Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We should go hard at Cameron Smith, just like when we signed the great Elwyn Walters from Roosters (was in that great Souths side previous).
Played 20 tests won 5 premierships.
He played 5 matches in 1977.
Make him an offer he can't refuse. Sell DCE to the Broncos, anything.
Then when he says OK, say "Haha only kidding!"

If we can get a regular 6 sorted (Walker or Schooey ??) then Con might make a decent 9. Defence seems solid enough, has a good pass and should provide a kicking option too. He's built solid and is quick enough that he'd be handy having a snipe out of dummy half. It's just a matter of whether he can handle the defensive workload. Joey and Tooves went Ok making that transition and Con strikes me as someone who is similar in physical capability.

If we can get a regular 6 sorted (Walker or Schooey ??) then Con might make a decent 9. Defence seems solid enough, has a good pass and should provide a kicking option too. He's built solid and is quick enough that he'd be handy having a snipe out of dummy half. It's just a matter of whether he can handle the defensive workload. Joey and Tooves went Ok making that transition and Con strikes me as someone who is similar in physical capability.
Cust isn't a 6 in my opinion. He is a 9 or 14. Doesn't have the ball playing ability of a quality 6.
Would be a nugget version of cook, obviously not as quick but has a strong running game and nice little kick. Plus he likes to support. 9 or 14 would suit him better.

Someone originally mentioned Peats and I was dead against the idea but after seeing our defensive efforts of late I'm actually thinking Peats would be a good buy, we are very fragile in our middle defence and he would certainly help Jake out in the middle. He is better option than Levi anyway. Peats to start and Cust off bench as utility.

Peats is the sort of player Des loves. I think he would be better than Levi but perhaps not dynamic enough to capitalise on the speed of the current game.

We need someone fast out of dummy half and relatively cheap !!! Tom starling is off contract he would be great for us 100%

If anyone wants to know the point that Manly's 2020 started going downhill, injury to players like Turbo and Walks aside ... it was when we went from having potentially Manase Fainu as the #1 hooker, to having Danny Levi with Lachlan Croker as his back up.

We could have easily lived without Api because Fainu was set to be an 80 minute gun. He'd already proved in a number of games that he was very capable. But of course, things went pear shaped in the off-season, through no fault of the clubs, of Des, and we ended up instead with Levi and Croker.

Dummy half is arguably the single most important position in attack. They touch the ball, pass the ball, more than anyone else. If they can't get that right then it screws up the rest of the attack. And unfortunately, Levi and Croker have screwed it up more often than not in 2020.

I honestly don't know where we go from here. Will Fainu be back in 2021? Who knows? But what I do know is that without a quality #9, Manly are going to struggle to win premierships any time soon. And for mine neither Danny Levi or Lachlan Croker tick any boxes of being a quality #9 in rugby league, let alone in the NRL.

easy one. Des should chase that hooker he had on the books at the dogs and refused to play him because he knew better. What was his name again. Kind of starred for n.s.w in recent years. May have torn us a new one last night. Oh that's him Damian Cook.

As much as we would love Damian Cook as our hooker ... in no way, shape or form can Manly afford him under the salary cap. Not at his present value anyway.

Cust isn't a 6 in my opinion. He is a 9 or 14. Doesn't have the ball playing ability of a quality 6.
Would be a nugget version of cook, obviously not as quick but has a strong running game and nice little kick. Plus he likes to support. 9 or 14 would suit him better.

Interesting theory. And not one I am against. Cust at 9, Walker (or someone better) at 6 could work.

we need a hooker.

Levi and Croker are the worst in the NRL.

How come a 38 year old can play 80 minutes every week, but these 2 idiots can barely play 40 minutes each with zero control or purpose.

Get rid of them
Because Manly is always on the back foot, don't play in an effective straight manner in a squad that is busted, too much defensive workload at the wrong end.

We have bigger issues to look at(from an entire squad makeup perspective) than focusing on simplistic sharpness out of dummy half to deal with, most hookers will fatigue under the defensive workload Manly put themselves under.

Sorry but I've haven't read much on the forum lately but why does everyone think Fainu is gone?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4