Hook hooked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To add to my above point it will be a shambles. It will be a disaster for the Panthers and the Tigers just as it was a disaster ultimately for Canterbury and Manly. Loyalty breeds success. Surely Bellamy demonstrates that.

I'm with Real Deal on this. Where is the NRL in all of this? Silence , nothing. One club sacks a coach with 2 yrs remaining on their contract and then head hunts another club's coach who has 2 yrs remaining on their contract and not a single word from NRL or its integrity unit!!!
No consideration for the game, fans or sponsors.
#Talk the game up Greenturd!! Oh wait... that's right he did that with Des in late 2011 so I'm guessing it's normal business under the Greenturd regime.
Move along people nothing to see here.

Marina Go was on league life.
She's copped an unmerciful bagging from booze Rothf*ck over a couple of years but was fairly impressive.
They seem to be bending over backwards to make Ivan happy.
He pretty much seems to have complete control which a coach craves.
He has to ask himself is it worth trading that for $$$ because he would be battling with a psychopathic ego at the riff.
Ghould is maniacal dictator.
He's revealed more about himself than anyone during this bun fight.

Jesus.

One nice interview and people want to sign the bloke up as our head coach?

Let's not forget he has been sacked from two clubs.

Penrith have 2 first grade teams worth of depth, so being top 5 with that squad is nothing to hang your hat on.

A number of players who have been coached by the bloke have no time for him. Anyone see Hannant's comments on that Channel 9 show on Monday night?

The knee jerk reactions on here are crazy sometimes.

I have no doubt Hook is a lovely bloke and should not be lost to the game.

But there are very clear issues with his running of an NRL squad.

I am quite happy to say he would have done no better at all than Barrett has under the conditions presented at Manly in 2018.

I just watched the interview and in the interview it was very clear that he was brought to the club to develop a winning culture, but more importantly to develop that team culture within. He said that a lot of clubs have a big problem with developing good young players and turning them into NRL quality. Gus brought him in to do that and it was quite clear from the NRL 360 interview the whole club, Gus included at the start of his job gave him free reign to put systems, programs etc at all levels in the club to basically have a production line of quality players coming through the club that were local juniors and the members feed off the pride that brings to the club.

I really wanted to hear Hook’s side of the story as Gus is just a hypocritical windbag and i don’t believe a thing the bloke says. Hook is not a man of many words and i didn’t really care for him as he appeared a bit cold, but in that interview you could see a really passionate, dedicated coach that lived, breathed and believed in what he was trying to achieve.

If you get a chance to see the interview it is a really good one. Gus will claim it was him that changed the club but it seems Hook did it all from the ground up.

He wouldn’t be able to replicate that with us if he ever came here due to lack of funding, junior nursery’s etc but I honestly gained a whole heap of respect for Griffin from that interview.

To add to my above point it will be a shambles. It will be a disaster for the Panthers and the Tigers just as it was a disaster ultimately for Canterbury and Manly. Loyalty breeds success. Surely Bellamy demonstrates that.
Are you for real, Bellamy demonstrates that cheating in every aspect of the administration & on field rules is a successful formula.

Have him replace Barrett
Baz has the 'man manager' skills that Hook himself says he doesn't have.

Hook would be a better mentor to Baz than Carty.

But only if the footy department is left alone and out of the endless family factions that the Owners atteact and foster :confused:

Are you for real, Bellamy demonstrates that cheating in every aspect of the administration & on field rules is a successful formula.

I'm not making an ethical judgment on every decision Bellamy makes. I hate what Melbourne did to the game re the Salary Cap and wrestling in tackles etc. But you cant deny that stability and loyalty have helped build a winning culture. The chop and change mentality of some clubs will destroy their chances of success. Greenberg cannot understand that because he encouraged that undermining of loyalty at Manly when he stole Hasler. That culture is poisoning the NRL. A fish rots from the head, they say.

Surely Hook has a case for unfair dismissal,unless these guys sign a clause that gives the club all the power,I thought a contract was valid.

Surely Hook has a case for unfair dismissal,unless these guys sign a clause that gives the club all the power,I thought a contract was valid.

If there is a termination clause, most contracts I've signed have it, then he just has to receive his severence in a timely manner

Sadly, out of all of this drama that thankfully doesn't concern us....I hope I haven't misjudged Ivan. I have always admired him as a coach and as a man in general. I think he carries himself with dignity and distinction. I would have hoped he had more pride than to return to the panthers under Gould.

For me, a perfect scenario would be for Nathan to see clearly how Gould operates. Ivan to respectfully decline Gould's kind offer. Nathan to join his dad at the tigers.

Sadly, out of all of this drama that thankfully doesn't concern us....I hope I haven't misjudged Ivan. I have always admired him as a coach and as a man in general. I think he carries himself with dignity and distinction. I would have hoped he had more pride than to return to the panthers under Gould.

For me, a perfect scenario would be for Nathan to see clearly how Gould operates. Ivan to respectfully decline Gould's kind offer. Nathan to join his dad at the tigers.

And, for Gus’s head to explode ( according to most on here).

I'm not making an ethical judgment on every decision Bellamy makes. I hate what Melbourne did to the game re the Salary Cap and wrestling in tackles etc. But you cant deny that stability and loyalty have helped build a winning culture. The chop and change mentality of some clubs will destroy their chances of success. Greenberg cannot understand that because he encouraged that undermining of loyalty at Manly when he stole Hasler. That culture is poisoning the NRL. A fish rots from the head, they say.
Nope, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the scum culture. They are cheats, do not play in the spirit of the game & are only loyal to scam & co. I would be finished with Manly if any of those filth came near our great club. Fock I hate them with a passion

Let’s say Dad stays at the Tigers and pup moves there too, apart from Gus’s head exploding , who then do the Panfers sign as head coach??

My vote would be Maquire

It’s not unfair dismissal when they pay out your contract. Unfair dismissal laws are to protect you financially. He’ll be looked after financially pretty damn well

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8