Hook hooked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sadly, out of all of this drama that thankfully doesn't concern us....I hope I haven't misjudged Ivan. I have always admired him as a coach and as a man in general. I think he carries himself with dignity and distinction. I would have hoped he had more pride than to return to the panthers under Gould.

For me, a perfect scenario would be for Nathan to see clearly how Gould operates. Ivan to respectfully decline Gould's kind offer. Nathan to join his dad at the tigers.

Marina Go (Tigers CEO) stated that the Riff poaching is unethical.

She has spoken with Ivan and he just wanted to let her know that he went to the Riff in the belief that it was about Nate.
But he left it there and has not yet asked for a release.

She also refuted the Media reports on Ivan telling the players that he could not guarantee being their coach next year

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/ffc5cf9203e83d23245afe5bb0d67a7a

Last edited:
Marina Go (Tigers CEO) stated that the Riff poaching is unethical.

She has spoken with Ivan and he just wanted to let her know that he went to the Riff in the belief that it was about Nate.
But he left it there and has not yet asked for a release.

She also refuted the Media reports on Ivan telling the players that he could not guarantee being their coach next year

That's all well and good, and I really want to believe it....but forgive me if I take that with a grain of salt.

If Gould had said the same thing, I wouldn't believe it. Marina has said what she knows (or has been told).

If Ivan says it....then I'd tend to be more trusting.

The forgotten man in this imbroglio is the caretaker coach Ciraldo. I understand he has been at the 'Riff for several season and achieved excellent results, not that it's too hard when you have the playing nursery of that region.
However, how must he feel? Shouldn't he be the natural successor?
It looks like he has been overlooked and his succession path to Head Coach has been blocked for many years.
Why would he stay at The 'Riff?
Gould is a megalomaniac who has been a proven failure at Penrith. He hasn't been able to get the club even into a grand final. He has sacked coaches brutally, virtually without any scrutiny. Yet he gets away with being a provocative rugby league commentator which is surely a conflict of interest.

I suppose it could happen but I think Wayne wouldn't want Gus looking over his shoulder offering his advice from when he was a coach 20 years ago.

It would be a very interesting situation, they didn't always get on that well, especially when coaching in Origin

Penrith have said they have approached 2 current NRL coaches, I think Wayne is the 2nd, and Gould has been saying for a while that Bennett won't be with Brisbane in 2019

Bennett is a stubborn old prick and Brisbane won't give him an answer now so he may do something just to spite them

Let’s say Dad stays at the Tigers and pup moves there too, apart from Gus’s head exploding , who then do the Panfers sign as head coach??

My vote would be Maquire

I Think they could do worse than to talk to Neil Henry. He has a calm, laid back nature that would probably gel well with Gould. Before the Hayne debacle (a signing that he was aginst), Henry had the titans playing well. He is a coach that can get young blokes to perform...much llike Hook.

I Think they could do worse than to talk to Neil Henry. He has a calm, laid back nature that would probably gel well with Gould. Before the Hayne debacle (a signing that he was aginst), Henry had the titans playing well. He is a coach that can get young blokes to perform...much llike Hook.

There was a rumour not so long ago that we were looking at Henry in a football manager role

Henry is a loser that complains about everything. 2nd class citizen

Henry is no mug and has had a reasonable coaching career including a few seasons as Q L D "s assistant S O O coach . Can't really see any benefit that he could bring to the Manly coaching ranks now however .

What if they win the comp this year with Ciraldo as coach?
Regardless of the comp"s final outcome , as things are now should be entitled to take over and coach the Panthers ist grade side for at least their remaining games this year

Regardless of the comp"s final outcome , as things are now should be entitled to take over and coach the Panthers ist grade side for at least their remaining games this year

Penrith may have little choice in the matter. I don't know that there'd be a lot of coaches willing to take the chance at the foot of the mountains.

Edit; I mean for next year and beyond...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10