Hook hooked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have a feeling Neil Henry as coach and Barrett as assistant. If your are unhappy with 3 years of a coaching and you don't want to pay the coach out and upset the players you aren't going to give him the casting vote. It could also give him the ****s causing him to walk.

Just heard a news report that there have apparently been 12 applications for the coaching vacancy at the Panthers with Ivan Cleary still their main target . When Gould was asked whether he could work with Bennett ,Gould"s response was apparently that it was more of a case could Bennett work with him . Talk about a sense of self importance .

IMO there is no way that Ivan Cleary would go back to Penrith after being shown the door. It will be Bennett to Penrith. Young Cleary will join his dad probably at the Tigers. I wish they both were signed by Manly!

Barrett to Penrith as assistant to Cleary, Cartwright as Head coach at Manly.
I feel I'll at the thought :lipssealed:

Opinion? Source? Isn't it all the same here. I can now say I have a source (you) that Cartwrong is going back to Panthers. Thanks and I hope my source is correct!
Probably is the same but no it’s just an opinion and I’m basing it on this, again purely my opinion.

1) They won’t get Cleary , and Cleary will get Nathan to join him at the Tigers.

2) There’s no possible way on earth that Ha$ler could work with Gould, so count that out.

3) Cartwright is a Panthers “ legend “ ( loose term but you know what I mean) and has first grade experience PLUS will just be a mouthpiece for Gould who’ll make all the decisions anyway. And , this the most important part, Cartwright knows it’s his only chance of ever being a FG coach again ( even if it’s name only).

4) Gould won’t take the Rookie Barrett, and Barrett wouldn’t go knowing he’d just be a figurehead for Gould.

5) Maguire is also a possibility, and would be desperate to get a gig but wouldn’t be as easy to control as Cartwright.

PPS: And poor @strone33 will be indeed in a foetal position on the Corso after this plays out.

Massive 4 year offer to Cleary by the Panthers BUT he’d have to break a contract with Tigers who apparently won’t let him go.

Interesting times, and yes really all about young Nathan.

The 'Riff are becoming the Roosters of the East, throwing away money knowing that their club's poker machines provide endless revenue.
Firstly they have to pay out Hook two years salary.
Now they will have to buy out Cleary's contract from the Tigers just to secure his services. If I was the Tigers I'd ask for $2-million to release Cleary early.
The 'Riff have the finest fitness centre in the NRL, I understand. They have a catchment area of juniors second only to Brisbane. They have the genius who invented air in footballs, Phil Gould, guiding their future.
They have a five-year plan to win the premiership, the pages on which it was written in 2010 now yellow with age and near illegible because of all the re-writes.
They, and the Worriers, are the most disappointing NRL club over the past decade, given all of their financial muscle.

One thing’s for sure this is all everyone on YouTwitFace is talking about.

Manly v Bulldogs

WELL UNDER THE RADAR

The NRL is a tough gig .
Expectations are high
Coaches get paid big money to live up to those expectations .
In a results driven business excuses for failure are fcked

Andrew Voss
Anthony Griffin sacked by @PenrithPanthers as coach, 5th on the ladder, 4 weeks out from finals, and after back to back wins. Surely this has never happened before. #AnthonyGriffin #Panthers

12:11 AM - 6 Aug 2018

There are not too many jobs where you can be sacked for poor performance and get fully paid out for the remaining length of your contract. Then, almost certainly, some other club will sign you up on big money.
Ivan Cleary has done nicely from being sacked. Now he is in big demand.

There are not too many jobs where you can be sacked for poor performance and get fully paid out for the remaining length of your contract. Then, almost certainly, some other club will sign you up on big money.
Ivan Cleary has done nicely from being sacked. Now he is in big demand.

Agree. Can I introduce everyone to John Tortorella, a total ****ing numbnutt yet kinda successful hockey coach. At one stage I think 2 (possibly 3) teams were still paying him at once as he was "moved" on.

Yes, I don't like him as when he was hired to coach my team, Vancouver Canucks, he basically turned everyone into a injury accepting shot blocker (including the Sedin twins, and you don't do that to them) THEN he used to rarely turn up to training! Like FMD how do you need to pay out someone when he doesn't even turn up for every training session. Fired 1 year into a 5 year contract. Canucks were moronic signing him to a 5 year one though.

AHHHH

:banghead::banghead:@:mad:@:mad::mad:

Agree. Can I introduce everyone to John Tortorella, a total ****ing numbnutt yet kinda successful hockey coach. At one stage I think 2 (possibly 3) teams were still paying him at once as he was "moved" on.

Yes, I don't like him as when he was hired to coach my team, Vancouver Canucks, he basically turned everyone into a injury accepting shot blocker (including the Sedin twins, and you don't do that to them) THEN he used to rarely turn up to training! Like FMD how do you need to pay out someone when he doesn't even turn up for every training session. Fired 1 year into a 5 year contract. Canucks were moronic signing him to a 5 year one though.

AHHHH

:banghead::banghead:@:mad:@:mad::mad:

hasn't Ricky Stuart been sacked and paid to NOT come back by 3 clubs .... Easts, Cronulla and Parra ..... and I am tipping number 4 club not far away ...

Sam Allardyce has a house in Spain called Tyneside based on his payout from Newcastle (among others)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8