Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hokko move hits NRL road block

Trent Hodkinson has had a secret medical examination of his 'dicky' knee by Manly - but the NRL may block his move to the Sea Eagles.

Manly have a contract ready for the former NSW State of Origin star after he passed his medical but the NRL still needs to be satisfied that the club has sorted out its salary cap "issues" before allowing them to sign a player on around $800,000 a season.

The Sea Eagles are desperate for a five-eighth following the departure of Blake Green to the Warriors and see Hodkinson as a good fit.

Newcastle halfback Trent Hodkinson is keen to move to Manly but is facing opposition from the NRL. (AAP)

According to reports, his knee has responded well to the off-season break and Hodkinson knows the Manly system, having started his career at Brookvale back in 2010 before moving to Canterbury and then the Knights.

With Newcastle signing Roosters duo Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson and having classy youngsters Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger in their ranks, the club is happy to let Hodkinson go.

Cronulla - who lost James Maloney to Penrith - are also showing some interest in the former Blues number seven.

Hokko move hits NRL road block

Trent Hodkinson has had a secret medical examination of his 'dicky' knee by Manly - but the NRL may block his move to the Sea Eagles.

Manly have a contract ready for the former NSW State of Origin star after he passed his medical but the NRL still needs to be satisfied that the club has sorted out its salary cap "issues" before allowing them to sign a player on around $800,000 a season.

The Sea Eagles are desperate for a five-eighth following the departure of Blake Green to the Warriors and see Hodkinson as a good fit.

Newcastle halfback Trent Hodkinson is keen to move to Manly but is facing opposition from the NRL. (AAP)

According to reports, his knee has responded well to the off-season break and Hodkinson knows the Manly system, having started his career at Brookvale back in 2010 before moving to Canterbury and then the Knights.

With Newcastle signing Roosters duo Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson and having classy youngsters Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger in their ranks, the club is happy to let Hodkinson go.

Cronulla - who lost James Maloney to Penrith - are also showing some interest in the former Blues number seven.
Hodko , go to Cronulla young man!!

$800,000 - this has to be a stitch up - worse still if its true for a bloke playing reserve grade at Newcastle !!

Pretty sure our only "Issue" with the salary cap is a certain CEO's borderline sociopathic pursuit to bring our club down.
So much time and effort has been expended in this witch hunt it's hard to believe the nrl wont resort to invented issues and rulings to nail Manly with something.

I would have thought 250 k max but 200 k is of course even better . If the Manly medical team are reasonably satisfied , he should be able to make a worth while contribution for next season at least and even if much of it is at Black Town .

I’m not a fan of this. How many halves partners are we going to put Cherry through? Isn’t it about time we try and build a halves combination that will last for a while? Give either Hastings or Crocker a decent chance (I would like Hastings to have a go yet suspect Crocker will be ahead of him). If it doesn’t work out - fine, then make a change if we must.

Hodkinson is busted, regardless of what his medical says - history shows otherwise. He is a one year option at best.

I just don’t see the constant changing of the 6 a positive for the club or DCE.

I'm pretty confident we would only have small money to get Hodko, perhaps $300K at the most ($800K for Pearce, less $500K for Thompson), so signing Hodko or Carney @ somewhere between $200-$300K for a year would just about empty our pockets I would think.

I’m not a fan of this. How many halves partners are we going to put Cherry through? Isn’t it about time we try and build a halves combination that will last for a while? Give either Hastings or Crocker a decent chance (I would like Hastings to have a go yet suspect Crocker will be ahead of him). If it doesn’t work out - fine, then make a change if we must.

Hodkinson is busted, regardless of what his medical says - history shows otherwise. He is a one year option at best.

It would be a $200k insurance policy only ... what swings me in favour of it is an injury to DCE himself ... an experienced backup would be useful.

It would be a $200k insurance policy only ... what swings me in favour of it is an injury to DCE himself ... an experienced backup would be useful.
Yes, I’ll agree with that; however, I’d be surprised if he didn’t start in first grade.

I don't see that way . I see it as we have more options and security in a experienced half in case the unproven youngsters don't cut the mustard

Let's just move Lewis Brown to halfback and be done with it. We would strengthen the bench.

Compared to Hodko we would still have an experienced old head who can at least run and is able to make each training session.

Lewis Brown there is nothing the bloke can't do. Baz wants an organiser. He can organise. Baz wants a kicker. He can... ahhhhhhh dolp.

Let's just move Lewis Brown to halfback and be done with it. We would strengthen the bench.

Compared to Hodko we would still have an experienced old head who can at least run and is able to make each training session.

Lewis Brown there is nothing the bloke can't do. Baz wants an organiser. He can organise. Baz wants a kicker. He can... ahhhhhhh dolp.
What a load of Bradford Bullsht :giggle::D@:D:giggle::D@:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10