Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see that happening.
I dunno any club that would make it worth our while to release him by buying out the bulk of his contract.
I rate DCE highly.
He needs someone like Green to direct the play and let him play his game.
He also has to do far too much defence.
And let's not forget he would've been on a way smaller contract if the club hadn't cocked it up.
Pretty sure hodgo can do exact same role as green. Will fit in easy. Take control straight away and hopefully free up dce who has being playing with too much expectation

If Hodkinson can hold his knees together for 18 months, he'd be a good pick up. He has the skills needed that we are missing especially with kicking and fifth tackle options. He also knows how to get the ball out to the backs and make the right deisions in general play. Those legs are the issue but then we arent losing anything by trying him out, and perhaps it will be a big gain.

It’s the 18 months that’s a possible issue.

If it was simply picking up the next six months then it’s a no brainer.

But can he last another season or do we just end up with the Stewart /Matai/Myles situation for yet another year!

It’s the 18 months that’s a possible issue.

If it was simply picking up the next six months then it’s a no brainer.

But can he last another season or do we just end up with the Stewart /Matai/Myles situation for yet another year!
He will be cheap. And if only 6 months who plays 5/8 next year. Would have to buy someone from the very limited options available. If he can hold up for the 2019 season, we might be able to bring one of crocker, Metcalf or cust into the top side when they get more experience or go hard for Cleary At least wont break the bank and can hopefully sign another prop.

I assume hodko will be used this year, and mabye as cover next year should we not find a long term 5/8.

At the moment, if his knees hold out he is a good pick up, but that is the concern. He has a good kicking game and is an organiser. He is only 6 months older than DC, its his health that is shortening his career.

DCE needs an organiser. He isnt thurston that can do basically everything. His best years were with Foz and Green.

I really do wish we find someone that is young, can build a long term partnership with DCE and then carry one once he retires (perhaps that is T Wright).

I thought Shane Flanagan stated last week on radio this wasn't going to happen and Trent Barrett said during the week we had a go for Trent but it didn't work out. Or maybe there was a change in heart from the sharks late this week. It would be a massive boost for the rest of this year if true. Not sure about next year though.
I thought Flanagan's initial reaction was no way but then he elaborated by saying if we offered Hodko a deal for 2019 and 2018, i.e. longer than this year, he would let him go.

$20 to post a facebook rumour on here now.

$25 for a twitter rumour

$1000 for a DT or nrl one

No one could afford ones from 'sporting life' or that other crap site.

Thank you for your co-operation. Funds to go to 'Buy ge a new Lamborghini fund'.
What’s wrong with your old one?

I remember when we used to sign first graders now we sign pensioners **** me. Green couldn't get extension yet we sign this crock for 18 months.
For now the experienced Hodgko is the best option we have to support and bring out the best out of our 6 million dollar man .
We are far from a pensioner side .

He will be cheap. And if only 6 months who plays 5/8 next year. Would have to buy someone from the very limited options available. If he can hold up for the 2019 season, we might be able to bring one of crocker, Metcalf or cust into the top side when they get more experience or go hard for Cleary At least wont break the bank and can hopefully sign another prop.
Your spot on there feathered friend !

If the sticky tape on his knees holds up he'll do a great job.
And doubtful he'd be costing us much with the druggos paying most of the freight.
If his knees don't though, we're f*cked again.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8