• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something? What has he done recently for this thread to be brought to light. I obviously missed it? Guess I hope I never upset someone on this site....

Have I missed something? What has he done recently for this thread to be brought to light. I obviously missed it? Guess I hope I never upset someone on this site....
One of his newer profiles, "DBF" went off under that and sent some pretty vile and abusive threats to people on the site. Also under his Dunder Mifflin profile.

Basically we get people asking sometimes and we also get the background abuse. It was about time that we just showed him for who he is

Why are we giving this guy so much airtime and attention? Personally, I think your giving him exactly what he craves by dedicating an explanatory thread just for him and his non de plumes.

When I first saw the tittle, I thought oh no, what's he done now. o_O
Then I read a little and I put my hand up,guilty as charged, I was one who has asked where he was and that I missed his football talk and lighter sarcastic moments which were ammusing before going dark.

Biff is now infamous, his own dedicated thread, not many can claim that, at least he can live as a legend in his world.

Unlike many that have posted I did see a number of the examples of his post, and while in no way am I condoning the worst of his post and abuse as per above, or making any excuse for him or putting an argument up for any other action that has been taken, I still think it worth mentioning----
In alot of cases, he was goaded and baited to get him to crack, Not all the time but alot, some appeared to get joy from that, which I found quite sad really, as he obviously was troubled.

So while I think the powers that be, had no alternative to take the action they have, and certainly needed to, those that baited waiting for cracks to appear also need to reflect on their own behaviour and and the part small or large they contributed to Biffs issues.

I wish Biff well, I hope he finds the help he needs, just as I thank the mods and Dan for providing the platform they do and the action they took.
Cheers

Why are we giving this guy so much airtime and attention? Personally, I think your giving him exactly what he craves by dedicating an explanatory thread just for him and his non de plumes.
In some way yes, but I imagine when you own the site and/or moderate it, it's much harder to just ignore what's going on when it escalates. I imagine for two reasons - (a) you feel somewhat responsible for protecting the people doing the right thing and using the site as intended, and (b) a desire to uphold certain standards to avoid the site being the subject of legal proceedings, etc.

I can totally empathise with the Mods wanting to get on the front foot to stamp things out. I guess it's more about defending the integrity of site and less about giving 'Biff' airtime, if that makes sense.

Look the big takeaway here is that we very rarely ban people from this site. Dunderhead Bifflin gives you an idea of what levels it gets too before you get speared. Plenty of times we get whinging about moderation on this site from a thin skinned few, but have a think about whether that level of abuse is acceptable.

The moderators don't spend 24/7 here reading every post, quite the opposite in fact. The "report post" function is our eyes and ears, and our barometer of where the bar is set in most cases. We see posts reported, patterns emerge and action is or isn't taken. On the whole it's a pretty liberal place with a fair tolerance of "lively debate". Unfortunately there is always a few that are a little too immersed in the Silvertails "experience" shall we say, and are in desperate need of a hobbie. Just don't take yourself too seriously and all is good. If you find a post offensive then report it and it'll get considered.

We've probably banned no more than a dozen genuine users here over the years, 8 of them have been Biff.

I help run a very large Caravan Facebook group , almost 7000 members.

Mostly Boomers and never any issues but two years ago Covid hit and younger ( much ) owners started appearing and with that came the swearing , the antagonism , the whinging and bitching and worst of all the personal attacks and threats.

We have a zero tolerance policy , you cross any line , you are booted. You rejoin with a fake name and start again , you are booted.

Eventually they get sick of fake names and rejoining and life becomes easier again.

It’s a policy I think this place should adopt as well, we understand disagreements over football issues but the moment it becomes personal is the moment I think members need to be booted, zero questions asked.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12