Hewitt into Semi's-----great role model!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Just sat through an epic 5 setter down and out then came back to win 10-8 in the 5th set.

He cops allot of crap for his antic's but I think he's a brilliant role model of determination.

What do you think?

C'MON!

CMON. I can't believe he actually won that game. He was done like a dinner and came back to pull it out of the fire.

As I have said on the Footy Forum - if Manly had 10% of his guts in defence we would be specials for the semis this year!

Please show me where i said that.

If you just assumed it i will assume by your responce you think federer is crap and you are quite happy following a losing team.

I don't like his antics and think he is a bit of a port chop at times. However he is a winner and has great composure under pressure.

I point the positive attributes out to my kids but I also am happy to go on record that his antics at time are petulant and silly, when under pressure (He's not Hoppa thoough). Pat Rafter is my ultimate role model as he showed a similar level of determination and yet didn't carry on like a goose as much.

Lleyton is a winner so he is forgiven!

Please show me where i said that.

If you just assumed it i will assume by your responce you think federer is crap and you are quite happy following a losing team.

It was a question I didn't assume anything. But you can choose to answer it if you like :wink:

I noticed only 1 person has made a choice on the poll.

CW...He has achieved far more than Rafter ever did even though arguably Rafter was technically a better player. Rafter didn't do as well imo because he was a PUSSY and to eager to impress parents and teenage girls!. Hewitt never leaves anything behind. I know if he loses he gave 110%. Not the case for Rafter.

I dont agree that people should be role models because of their sporting prowess. that leads us to dangerous grounds where some footy players.....well you know the rest.

However he showed good old aussie grit and determination, and thats something that should be admired

He doesn't swear. Throw his racket or abuse the ref and opponents.

He just pumps himself and the crowd up. He does what he has to win and is a fine person off the court.

No need for pretentious tossers in sport, imo.

Flip..........were talking about Hewitt here.

He's what sue said he is, a tosser. Carries on like a three year old sometimes. IT's comically theatrical.

Matabele you first give this resounding view

"I stayed up and watched it to the end.

It should be compulsory watching for all our nancy boys that showed no urgency at all for much of last year.

Sheer guts and determination."

Then Sue posts then you hate him.

A little whimsical……no!

The two can be separated.

He showed guts to win (with few histrionics).

But when he starts his chainsaw nonsense and yelling at the crowd it's just dick head material.

You can't fault Hoppa passion and effort for Manly. But you can hate the fact he's a loose cannon.

You savvy?

But it's a double edged sword. If he doesn't get himself going by behaving like a "prat" then he doesn't get the results you admire so much.

He was quiet yesterday because he was injured and really wasn't producing the points that would warrant the loud C'mons etc. He was simply trying to hang in.

Passion is easily exhibited without resorting to that sort of nonsense.

Ben Kennedy
Luke Priddis
Craig Gower
George Smith
Steven Waugh
etc etc

But if Hewitt changes for the Chardonnay brigade he won't perform as he does now. Then where would he be.

Hewitt's pretty cool... he's THE supporter for the Special Olympics... and the athletes love him!!!

The antics just make him fun to watch.

Check out the website www.specialolympics.com

P.S. During the Special Olympics 2 years ago... Australia kicked butt!

Its only on the court guys. Im sure he doesn't walk around the street yelling out c'mon. I bit of fire in the belly and passion in a sport where you are the only one you can rely upon to win. Fire yourself up.

Agreed flip, team sports are totally different.

He is a fine Australian of the court thats the main thing something these people get confused with Warne.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4